Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    i know, but were talking of quality of fighters they've beaten

esp. the major ones
    Nonito will end up with an more impressive resume, movin up in class, knockin out the top guys.

but atm Martinez' resume shows an more accomplished and experienced veteran at his peak (incl. Fighter of the Year 2010.) Hes still fightin...(next up is an undefeated world champion).

Comment

Martinez: Cintron?, Pavlik, P.Will

Donaire: Darchinyan, Sidorenko, Montiel

vote & discuss
      Thats a tough one, if I had to go with one I would say Martinez has a slightly better resume b/c he's fought the recognizable foes and won both in spectacular fashion as the underdog. Martinez usually gives up height and reach while Donaire has a siz comforatable size advantage over most of his foes.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
        Nonito will end up with an more impressive resume, movin up in class, knockin out the top guys.

but atm Martinez' resume shows an more accomplished and experienced veteran at his peak (incl. Fighter of the Year 2010.) Hes still fightin...(next up is an undefeated world champion).
        yep, he deserve the FOTY award

if he wins against Dzin, then maybe i'll put him above Nonito

Comment

I don't think highly of the Sidorenko win, and as Earl pointed out, Martinez has fought bigger opposition. I know he's a late bloomer and made his way into the scene late but he's consistently fought better opposition than Donaire. As a whole it's close, but Martinez has the clear edge.

Comment

I don't know, I think it's pretty equal IMO.

Either one can get the nod. I think it's splitting hairs.

Comment

I think their 2 best wins are about equal.

Had Martinez offically beat Cintron they would have had pretty much the same with Donaires win over Sydorenko.

I think when their careers are over Donaire will have the better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                I don't think highly of the Sidorenko win, and as Earl pointed out, Martinez has fought bigger opposition. I know he's a late bloomer and made his way into the scene late but he's consistently fought better opposition than Donaire. As a whole it's close, but Martinez has the clear edge.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Why not?

Sydorenko has been a legit top 5 Bantam since 2006. I think Sydorenko is at the very least an as good win as Cintron (Although Martinez offically doesn't have Cintron)

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                    Thats a tough one, if I had to go with one I would say Martinez has a slightly better resume b/c he's fought the recognizable foes and won both in spectacular fashion as the underdog. Martinez usually gives up height and reach while Donaire has a siz comforatable size advantage over most of his foes.
                    bigger fighters didn't mean they're better

of course he'll be the underdog against Pavlik coz he's the challenger

same with P.Will, coz he lost the 1st fight

Donaire having size advantage is really an overstatement

Montiel has longer reach & heavier than Nonito, but he blew him up in 2 rounds

Comment

true, but that doesn't mean they're better
                      I think they are equal, but bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X