Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali or Wladimir Klitschko - Who Is The More Exciting Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali is better !!

Comment

sonny liston was anything but a bum, if liston was a bum, what are those fighters today?
      nobody would overcome listons incredible reach in todays heavyweight boxing, vitali is the only one who has a decent chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Rossa View Post
        I don't know.

But Wlad would knock Muhammad Ali back into Cassius Clay.
        And btw, Tunney's critique of Ali is masterful.

People get taken in by Ali's mouth and his anti war stance, which is all good and well, but if you actually sit down and watch his fights, you will be bored to death by the lack of power and activity.

He was overly defensive, ran too much, held a lot and couldn't punch for dick.

Sonny Liston was a bum, George Foreman was a big dumb mummy the first time they fought, and Joe Frazier was a damn 1 handed fighting midget.

Ali would get ****ing decapitated by either Klitschko.

By the 5th round, (if he made it that far) he'd be wishing he was fighting V.C in North Vietnam.
        Originally posted by BUTE View Post
        Good post!

Wladimir Klitschko (48 KOs in 54 wins) gets my vote!
        Excellent post.

Either Klitschko beats any HW from any era.

All of the jealous bitter racists, ******s, xenophobic americans, etc on this forum can go fuck themselves.
        Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
        - Wlad has had 20 KOs in the first eight rounds during the past 11 years, early 1999 to early 2010: Austin, Brock, Byrd, Brewster, Mercer, Moli, Castillo, Bostice, etc. Ali had 7 KOs in the first eight rounds during the last 11 years of his boxing career 1970-1981.

- Wlad had 11 KOs in the first 5 rounds during the past 11 years. Ali had NONE during his last 11 years.
        Ali mostly only KOed journeymen like Richard Dunn and Juergen Blin, or shot fighters like the ancient Archie Moore and 1972 version of the chinny Floyd Patterson.

Pretty much all the decent opponents went the distance or nearly the distance with him, except for George Foreman who gassed in the heat of Zaire, and Sonny Liston who took a dive.
        KO Ratio:

Wladimir Klitschko: 85%
        Muhammed Ali: 60%

Wow - this is my 24,000th post on boxingscene!
        Great Posts!

Comment

And btw, Tunney's critique of Ali is masterful.

People get taken in by Ali's mouth and his anti war stance, which is all good and well, but if you actually sit down and watch his fights, you will be bored to death by the lack of power and activity.

He was overly defensive, ran too much, held a lot and couldn't punch for dick.

Sonny Liston was a bum, George Foreman was a big dumb mummy the first time they fought, and Joe Frazier was a damn 1 handed fighting midget.

Ali would get ****ing decapitated by either Klitschko.

By the 5th round, (if he made it that far) he'd be wishing he was fighting V.C in North Vietnam.

Tunney is known to be very bias towards European boxers, I would take what he says with a grain of salt. Wladimir has never fought a boxer in the caliber of Muhammad Ali, his speed was extrand one of the most SKILLED boxers in HW history. If you honestly think Wladimir can beat Ali like he beat Tony Thompson, Brock, or any of those C level boxers then you guy's have no idea what you are talking about.

Ali vs Wladimir, Ali by 10th round TKO, too much speed, and too mucb boxing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
            I sincerely hope, that in the Sanders fight, you paid close attention to the first KD, and saw how Sanders`head split-second followed his left glove. Without his head, Klitschko wouldn`t have gone down, and would have been woken up to the danger Sanders carried.

In fact, as I recall, there were at least 2 butts, and I`m not saying that K would have been able to win, but the butts were basically the whole fight..

Comment

Ali mostly only KOed journeymen like Richard Dunn and Juergen Blin, or shot fighters like the ancient Archie Moore and 1972 version of the chinny Floyd Patterson.

Pretty much all the decent opponents went the distance or nearly the distance with him, except for George Foreman who gassed in the heat of Zaire, and Sonny Liston who took a dive.
              Ali beat HOF boxers such as

Sonny Liston
              Floyd Patterson
              Joe Fraizer
              George Foreman
              Ken Norton

and good boxers such as
              Oscar Bonavena
              Ron Lyle
              Jimmy Young
              Earner Shavers

Who the f**K Wladimir beat that's in comparison to Ali's opponents?

Sultan Ibgraimov, Ray Mercer, Calvin Brock, Tony Thompson, Samuel Peter, Hasim Rahman? Get your bias European **** out of here.

Comment

this is a no brainer

ali

Comment

KO Ratio:

Wladimir Klitschko: 85%
                  Muhammed Ali: 60%

Wow - this is my 24,000th post on boxingscene!
                  Yet most boxing fans consider Wladimir boring despite his high KO ratio, I wonder why?

Comment

Excellent post.

Either Klitschko beats any HW from any era.

All of the jealous bitter racists, ******s, xenophobic americans, etc on this forum can go fuck themselves.

If you think Ali, Louis, Tyson, Holmes, and Marciano are on the level of guy's like Ibragmiov, Byrd, or Brock, then you have no idea what you are talking about.

The ATG's in the past would the knock the Klitschko's out like cutting down a lumbering tree. The Klitschko's are not unbeatable, they have their weaknesses, they just haven't fought someone who as skilled and big as they are.
                    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-02-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      I sincerely hope, that in the Sanders fight, you paid close attention to the first KD, and saw how Sanders`head split-second followed his left glove. Without his head, Klitschko wouldn`t have gone down, and would have been woken up to the danger Sanders carried.

In fact, as I recall, there were at least 2 butts, and I`m not saying that K would have been able to win, but the butts were basically the whole fight..
                      Yes. That initial head butt was the key to the Sanders win.

It was the butt not the punch that badly hurt Wlad and sent him down the first time, and he was dazed and vulnerable from that point on.

Comment

Working...
                      X