Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much would Khan's durability improve if he were a 147lbs fighter ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much would Khan's durability improve if he were a 147lbs fighter ?

how much would Khan's durability improve if he were a 140,147lbs fighter ?i think he might had a lot of problems with the weight if you think back to the Gary St Clair fight he looked tired during that fight and i put that down to weight drain etc dont get me wrong Khan does not have a good chin and he will never a good chin but i do think the weight was killing him anybody see him on Ricky Speaks the guy looked twice the size of Hatton and Hatton is the natural 140lbs fighter

Khan looks the natural size of a 147 lbs imo he is the biggest LW ive ever seen

Tito and Dela Hoya both had trouble at the lower weight due to killing themselves to make the weight so maybe it maybe a better idea for Khan to move up but then again look at the competition at WW

what do you think i say move upto 140lbs at least

I doubt it'd improve much, not with his punch resistance.

Comment

Didn't Bunce say he fights with something close to 0% bodyfat and like Bunce says that's good for long distance runners not fighters. His chin is a shocker though it's not like he was gassed after 54 seconds. He did get completely nailed though.

Just looking at the kid he looks alot of a bigger man than me and I'm 12 stone and 6'1...I seriously don't know how boxers do this ****.
      Last edited by sparked_85; 10-30-2008, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
        Didn't Bunce say he fights with something close to 0% bodyfat and like Bunce says that's good for long distance runners not fighters. His chin is a shocker though it's not like he was gassed after 54 seconds. He did get completely nailed though.

Just looking at the kid he looks alot of a bigger man than me and I'm 12 stone and 6'1...I seriously don't know how boxer do this ****.

yeah agreed his chin is horrible but

i think the fact that Prescott Disorientated him with that left hook then he had two FREE shots at Khan's chin is significant

i dare say if Prescott got a FREE shot at me or you we would have been at it aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
          yeah agreed his chin is horrible but

i think the fact that Prescott Disorientated him with that left hook then he had two FREE shots at Khan's chin is significant

i dare say if Prescott got a FREE shot at me or you we would have been at it aswell
          Indeed but I work printing meaningless documents in an office and I barely do that. I also drink a fair bit and have found myself giving up whilst jogging. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
            Indeed but I work printing meaningless documents in an office and I barely do that. I also drink a fair bit and have found myself giving up whilst jogging. lol
            big deal Amir probably drives a taxi on his days off

Comment

At 147 I think he can finally take punches from lightweights.

Seriously, he needs to work on his defense.

Comment

hes just naturally very thin, his legs are very thin and he doesn't have a thickly set frame. what he does have is a big frame and a large bone structure, in fact as alot of people have said for a lightweight he is huge!! he has dwarfed nearly every fighter he has faced with the exception of graham earl and breidis prescott.

thats one of the reasons why i thought he wouldn't do well against presciott - it was the first time that he was giving up his height advantage and he was givng it up to the wrong type of fighter i.e. someone who can bang!

khans never mentioned the weight as being an issue before, in fact during the build ups to fights i only ever recall him mentioning it once. durability isn't a problem for him, his chin is.
                ________
                DODGE WIKI
                Last edited by hookoutofhell; 03-14-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                  hes just naturally very thin, his legs are very thin and he doesn't have a thickly set frame. what he does have is a big frame and a large bone structure, in fact as alot of people have said for a lightweight he is huge!! he has dwarfed nearly every fighter he has faced with the exception of graham earl and breidis prescott.

thats one of the reasons why i thought he wouldn't do well against presciott - it was the first time that he was giving up his height advantage and he was givng it up to the wrong type of fighter i.e. someone who can bang!

khans never mentioned the weight as being an issue before, in fact during the build ups to fights i only ever recall him mentioning it once. durability isn't a problem for him, his chin is.

Khan has said he makes the weight easy but i guess if you get down to a weight and train on a regular basis even when you dont have a fight coming up it is probably easier to maintain that weight whether it is not the right weight for you or not

Comment

I don't think it would make very mcuh difference at all. He has a weak chin and there's very little that can be done to improve that. He can change his style and box more cagily but eventually someone is going to land on his chin and he'll go down.

Comment

Working...
                    X