Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 PM #2131
Up and Comer

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
jack p is a splendid one to beholdjack p is a splendid one to beholdjack p is a splendid one to beholdjack p is a splendid one to beholdjack p is a splendid one to beholdjack p is a splendid one to beholdjack p is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,021,199.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn View Post
Someone who never had a pro fight at number 2. Really? Their endurance, heart, chin, etc. are not tested at the same level and the competition is massively inferior.

Tunney at number 3? Yes he beat Dempsey twice (with both being 10 rounders) but that was a Dempsey who had a three year lay off after getting knocked out of the ring by Firpo who was a fairly unskilled brawler.

I personally think having Johnson and Dempsey as high as 2 and 3 is bizarre under any criteria,
( how can Dempsey be comparable to Joe Louis?)
Because Dempsey was faster and could take a punch to the chin better for one.
Even Benny Leonard picked Dempsey over Louis his reasoning being that "Jack would be to aggressive for Joe"
and Benny Leonard knew boxing.
Not just as a champion but he was a student of boxing
Leonard was in Ray Arcel's opinion.
The most cerebral, quickest thinking boxer he ever saw.
More gray matter then even SRR
Leonard came up with the strategy for Tunney to beat Harry Greb.

Also Firpo didn't "knock" Dempsey out of the ring
It was more of a shove and look how loose those ring ropes were?.
Those ropes are flapping worse then Elroys loose lips.

If the ropes were as tight as they are supposed to be Dempsey wouldn't have went out.
Firpo didn't hit Dempsey so hard Jack was airborne.
It was more of a shove.
Once Dempsey was outside the ring though.

The ref wasn't showing no favors by delaying the count.
Dempsey landed on those typewriters so painfully hard he chipped part of his tail bone.
Jacks only question between rounds was "What round was it?"

Don't get me wrong i got Louis as my number 1
But I think Dempsey would beat Louis not cause he's
better but cause his style and his in your face
aggression would give Louis fits.
The best way to beat Louis is to attack him,
Don't be to cautious,
Don't give Joe no respect.

Being cautious gives Louis a chance to counter punch

Pursuing you while he counter punches your blows.
Is what Louis wants cause then Joe controls the fight.
Being pressured with the same firepower as his own
Is opposite of what Louis wants
I watch the Louis Baer fight and i think

"If Baer would have just rushed in there.

Carried the fight to Louis the fight would have been much more competitive.
A guy who hits as hard as Baer always has a punchers
chance
But he's got to take that chance and sadly Baer didn't even try to win
Imagine if Baer would have tried really hard to land his
best punches on Louis?
It might have turned out to be one of the greatest fights on everyone's list

Dempsey wants you in his face. Dempsey wants to turn
it into a fight.
The slug out is where Dempsey shines cause Dempsey can take it as good as he can give.
I think a boxing match between these two turns into
a fight.
In that case the one who wins is the one who can take
the best punch
Dempsey can take a punch better then Louis
jack p is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-13-2017, 05:32 AM #2132
Up and Comer

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Joeboy is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,981.03

1. Joe Louis.
2. Larry Holmes.
3. Muhammad Ali.
4. Lennox Lewis.
5. Evander Holyfield.
6. Jack Johnson.
7. Mike Tyson.
8. Rocky Marciano.
9. Wladimir Klitschko.
10. Gene Tunney.

Just my opinion.
Joeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:05 AM #2133
OK Jim...

Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 84,040,183,480,407,474,176.00
Total Points: 84,040,183,480,407,687,168.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Good to see you're still around champ, always been a top poster! - JK1700 

Louis
Ali
Holmes
Marciano
Johnson
Foreman
Fraizer
Lewis
Holyfield
Liston
Chrismart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:18 AM #2134
KING!!

Quoted: 3081 Post(s)
Sadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 262,424,486,893.54
Total Points: 1,100,000,047,425,128,960.00
You know you ain't so bad, cheers bro, no harsh feelings! Fcuk KKK and BLM - King Krusher Merry Christmas - TBear No Message - -jose- It's about money - Nomadic No Message - Snoop Frog 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipTrooper View Post

Putting a Klitschko in the top-ten is offensive to the intellect......especially when the person doing it is making semi-veiled (and venomous) aspersions on Marciano. BTW, no fighter is unbeatable so casting Tyson (who was by no means the GOAT even at his peak) in that light kills credibility as well.

Poet
How about now??? Wladimir Klitschko deserves to be in the top 10
Sadiqkingofko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:30 AM #2135
And You And I

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
StarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,179,073,485,197,766.50
Total Points: 2,179,073,485,200,127.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
How about now??? Wladimir Klitschko deserves to be in the top 10
Only if your talking top-ten most spastic looking fighters. Reigning in the weakest era in the history of the Heavyweight division + $4 gets you a latte from Starbucks.
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:26 PM #2136
KING!!

Quoted: 3081 Post(s)
Sadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond reputeSadiqkingofko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 262,424,486,893.54
Total Points: 1,100,000,047,425,128,960.00
You know you ain't so bad, cheers bro, no harsh feelings! Fcuk KKK and BLM - King Krusher Merry Christmas - TBear No Message - -jose- It's about money - Nomadic No Message - Snoop Frog 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
Only if your talking top-ten most spastic looking fighters. Reigning in the weakest era in the history of the Heavyweight division + $4 gets you a latte from Starbucks.
what's the difference between his era and Louis or Holmes era's??? I can even claim guys like Byrd, Haye, and Povetkin could beat everyone during there reign
Sadiqkingofko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:27 PM #2137
And You And I

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
StarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,179,073,485,197,766.50
Total Points: 2,179,073,485,200,127.00
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
what's the difference between his era and Louis or Holmes era's??? I can even claim guys like Byrd, Haye, and Povetkin could beat everyone during there reign
You could claim it, but that would just make you look like an ignorant ass.

Now, take your nuthugging elsewhere: I'm not particularly interested in interacting with moronic fanbois.
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List