Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG: My Whole Career I've Been Denied Fights - Now That Ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dudley View Post
    Yeah looking back from 2012 to now. He's fought allot more than Canelo. I take that back.

I'm not bias, I just think he's a bit overrated considering his competition. Look at his record, it's littered with guys that are no hope-ers, that just being plain straight honest. What has any guy done that`s he`s fought from 2012 till now?

The goods, he missed an opportunity in Andre Ward. I'd have picked Ward in that fight but both guys are close to the same weight, win or lose he would have learned something. He wants to keep his record perfect and he's assumed he'd lose some luster IF he lost. But as we know it's all about how you show up, he could have still gained allot of rep in a solid performance. But I think he missed an opportunity to become great, and that knowledge could have played to his advantage vs Canelo.

Vs Canelo he really looked slow and uncoordinated till the middle rounds of that fight. He took allot of SOLID Power shots also maybe in fighting Ward he'd have learn to keep his guard tighter and less like a sieve. I know he`s feeling the power of some shots like if someone consistently throws a weak jab and can counter it, but when your opponent can take your power and have been putting together a strategy to take away your best attributes, you can`t give him free-bees down the middle. That's the straight up truth, at the highest level of boxing EVERYTHING plays a role.
    Ward was asking GGG to sign a contract agreeing to fight him in the summer of 2016, which was right when he should have been fighting the winner of Cotto/Canelo, if everybody involved had kept their word.

Never, in the history of boxing, has a fighter who can make weight easily in his own division moved up for a fight that would earn him less money than he could make by staying put.

The only opportunity GGG missed by not moving up for Ward was an opportunity to get messed around in negotiations, cheated in the ring and ripped off on the money, just like Kovalev.

Don't base your opinions on GGG and his resume on the schit that trolls talk about him here. He's beaten some good opponents and been denied fights with many others, just like he says.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Ward was asking GGG to sign a contract agreeing to fight him in the summer of 2016, which was right when he should have been fighting the winner of Cotto/Canelo, if everybody involved had kept their word.

Never, in the history of boxing, has a fighter who can make weight easily in his own division moved up for a fight that would earn him less money than he could make by staying put.

The only opportunity GGG missed by not moving up for Ward was an opportunity to get messed around in negotiations, cheated in the ring and ripped off on the money, just like Kovalev.

Don't base your opinions on GGG and his resume on the schit that trolls talk about him here. He's beaten some good opponents and been denied fights with many others, just like he says.
      Bull****, you're spouting the same stuff Loeffler has told you, a nd you fell for it. He didn't get big fights because they lowballed EVERYBODY, Saunders said it. Jacobs said it, and if it wasn't that, it was cw offers (164 for Ward 166 for Froch).

His opponent list is crap aside for TWO fighters out of 38, and when he stepped up he looked basic and nothing special. Stop making excuses for the 3 stooges.

They all claimed ANYBODY from 154-168... it was a LIE! He never even entertained the idea of going to 168, asnd the only one he would fight at 154 was Floyd.

Call others haters all you want, but that fuggin tool hoodwinked all of his fans, including you.

Comment

What Kathy Duva did to Kovalev was horrendous! + What Kovalev in tern did to himself was bad though too. I think if your trying to push your brand to be an international star you have to look at all people as potential fans. When he went off the rails against Ward and was bring other aspects into boxing that didn't matter, he ruined his own PPV numbers. Ward never traveled because his purse was guaranteed from what I recollect. But what Kathy Duva did was reprehensible.

I'm going to look up the Ward v GGG negotiations, if as you say he was going to get Kovalev'ed fiscally, i think it was a good move. I think then that should have been his statement and made it clear that was the reason he pulled out.

All in all, I would still say GGG's opponents are weak. Be it him not taking the right fights or people not wanting to fight him. I think if he juggled between 168 and 160 it would have been a better selection. And for the record the guys he's calling out were all way over the hill (depending on when he was trying to get those fights) OR which sounds like the case he had ZERO leverage to make them considering he had no fan base.

GGG fixed that aspect of late relying on the Mexican fan base and his "mexican style" to pressure Canelo to make that fight. Before that he really didn't connect with fans right away. Faults being, he never hired a translator. His english is still very poor, though he looks like he can understand more than he can speak. You might think this ability to communicate a non factor but Marketing to a fanbase is really important and his ability to communicate with that US fanbase is paramount. That's his Achilles heel when it comes to him garnering the overall respect and fans that are needed to make allot of those fights. Like it or not marketing is a huuuuuge part of boxing. Ali used to go door to door getting fans to go watch him fight. You had Floyd inventing a TV series in 24/7. But Canelo who's command of the English language is poor HAS an interpreter.

If GGG checked those boxes early and maybe even had started in the UK (maybe), if money was the issue, he would be making allot more coin and have a solid fan base.

I find the US fan base very fickle; Ronald Winky Wright was heavily avoided in his prime and had to make his career fighting abroad, before making somewhat of a mainstay in the US. But he was never a "fan" favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudley View Post
          What Kathy Duva did to Kovalev was horrendous! + What Kovalev in tern did to himself was bad though too. I think if your trying to push your brand to be an international star you have to look at all people as potential fans. When he went off the rails against Ward and was bring other aspects into boxing that didn't matter, he ruined his own PPV numbers. Ward never traveled because his purse was guaranteed from what I recollect. But what Kathy Duva did was reprehensible.

I'm going to look up the Ward v GGG negotiations, if as you say he was going to get Kovalev'ed fiscally, i think it was a good move. I think then that should have been his statement and made it clear that was the reason he pulled out.

All in all, I would still say GGG's opponents are weak. Be it him not taking the right fights or people not wanting to fight him. I think if he juggled between 168 and 160 it would have been a better selection. And for the record the guys he's calling out were all way over the hill (depending on when he was trying to get those fights) OR which sounds like the case he had ZERO leverage to make them considering he had no fan base.

GGG fixed that aspect of late relying on the Mexican fan base and his "mexican style" to pressure Canelo to make that fight. Before that he really didn't connect with fans right away. Faults being, he never hired a translator. His english is still very poor, though he looks like he can understand more than he can speak. You might think this ability to communicate a non factor but Marketing to a fanbase is really important and his ability to communicate with that US fanbase is paramount. That's his Achilles heel when it comes to him garnering the overall respect and fans that are needed to make allot of those fights. Like it or not marketing is a huuuuuge part of boxing. Ali used to go door to door getting fans to go watch him fight. You had Floyd inventing a TV series in 24/7. But Canelo who's command of the English language is poor HAS an interpreter.

If GGG checked those boxes early and maybe even had started in the UK (maybe), if money was the issue, he would be making allot more coin and have a solid fan base.

I find the US fan base very fickle; Ronald Winky Wright was heavily avoided in his prime and had to make his career fighting abroad, before making somewhat of a mainstay in the US. But he was never a "fan" favorite.
          In 2013, when GGG and Ward were both contracted to HBO, they were asked by HBO, if they were ready to fight each other. GGG said YES and Ward said NO.

This only came to light years later, when GGG got mad with Ward for talking schit about him. Neither Ward and his team, nor HBO, ever denied that this happened.

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

"If you do provocative attacks, do not even think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter] will buy into them. You haven't been interesting to anyone for a long time, so he will no longer engage in the promotion of your name. Go and build your own image. Although everyone already knows what you are, and because of this, they do not go to your fights."

"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because you got your opponents by contract. And who are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/1...sts-andre-ward

GGG got the 2015 offer from Ward the same day he signed for the unification fight with Lemieux. Loeffler rejected it immediately and told Ward if he wanted to fight GGG at 168 he should get back to them in 2017, because GGG wouldn't be moving up from 160 before then.

Golovkin thought he would be fighting the winner of Cotto/Canelo for the WBC and lineal titles in spring/summer of 2016, and Andy Lee had told Loeffler he would defend the WBO against GGG in fall/winter if he beat BJS, which didn't happen, of course.

The reason GGG stayed as WBA "regular" chanp for so long instead of fighting for the "super" title was because of corruption.

GGG won the WBA interim, and that entitled him to fight for the full WBA title - there was no "super" title at that time - which was held by Felix Sturm. Sturm and GGG had the same promoter, and Sturm was the cash cow of German boxing.

When GGG demanded his shot at Sturm, the WBA broke their own rules by suddenly promoting Sturm to "super" champ for no legit reason, and telling GGG the title he was mandatory to fight for had been downgraded to "regular" It later came out that Sturm's promoter had bribed them to do that.

GGG never got his big fight vs Sturm, which was why he broke with his German promoter and came to the USA.

In 2012, when Sergio Martinez was WBC champ and rated the No1 MW in the world, GGG offered to fight him in Argentina for 15% of the purse, and was turned down. He offered to come to the UK and fight Darren Barker for no puse at all, just expenses and fight tickets for his friends and family. No deal.

Other world champs who refused to fight him were Peter Quillin, who was then unbeaten and WBO champ, and Daniel Geale, twice, after he won the WBA "super" title.

In 2012 GGG signed to fight Dmitry Pirog, who had just KO'd Danny Jacobs and would have been favourite to beat Golovkin, but Pirog injured his back and had to pull out. Pirog never fought again, btw.
          Last edited by kafkod; 09-21-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            You mean when Ward was out and the fight was stipulated to be in the future not right away? Yes I can see why GGG didnt accept to fight a bigger guy who wouldnt be fighting him straight away, especially at his age.
            Ward was inactive 2014 & the offer was in 2015. Ward's team had an Official Offer on the table & in it had a fight in between before they fought each other & weight wasn't the issue. Who said no?

"On October 8th, just three months after Rafael’s report, Loeffler gave an interview to boxingscene.com explaining why the official offer was rejected...."

"and that the proposed time frame (each fighting an interim bout before meeting in the first half of 2016) could have been made to work, since this format is the same deal that Ward’s camp later made with Sergey Kovalev’s people"
            Last edited by j.razor; 10-01-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• And now he gets a big money rematch. I bet he's glad it ended in a draw.

Comment

The offer was rejected because Ward wanted GGG to sign a contract agreeing to fight him at 168 in the summer of 2016, and GGG had already been guaranteed a fight with the winner of Cotto/Canelo which would have taken place around that same time, if Canelo hadn't requested an interim voluntary defence after beating Cotto.

Loeffler read the offer, rejected it immediately and told Ward if he wanted to fight GGG at 168 he should get back to them in 2017. There were no negotiations.
                Even with proof you still lie.....SMH....I get it, keep the lies going long enough for the mass to believe it.....

Comment

The offer was rejected because Ward wanted GGG to sign a contract agreeing to fight him at 168 in the summer of 2016, and GGG had already been guaranteed a fight with the winner of Cotto/Canelo which would have taken place around that same time, if Canelo hadn't requested an interim voluntary defence after beating Cotto.

Loeffler read the offer, rejected it immediately and told Ward if he wanted to fight GGG at 168 he should get back to them in 2017. There were no negotiations.
                  "Loeffler gave an interview to boxingscene.com explaining why the official offer was rejected"

That is negotiations!

Comment

Man ... if reality is too harsh for you to deal with then maybe you should get into watching movies instead of real life boxing.
                    Don't TRY to flip the script, I keep giving it to 100 but you the one that wants to be in a movie.....looking like a broke a*s Bruce Wayne!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      I didn't even bother reading with you wrote assrazor. You're on the clown list.
                      You on the ****** list.

Comment

Working...
                      X