James Toney vs. Nigel Benn in 1993

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Horny would knock out Benn in 2.

Comment

Probably the 3rd best prime fighter Toney would have faced and I think Benn's ferocity and power owuld really trouble Lights Out...plus, for all this defensive talk, he got hit a lot and his feet were not particularly quick. Benn would hit him, again and again. Toney's chin was one of the GOAT though and I think he'd eek out a decision (controversial) or even a late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
        Eubanks had a great chin. Wondering how he would eat Toney's combinations.

Eubank also had a GREAT stiff jab which Toney would struggle to slip more than any other, as well as fleet feet which Toney struggled with.

Benn was made for Toney standing off swinging like that and staying low for short uppercuts.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          An in shape Toney handles this one but Toney wasn't always in shape.
          I think that he'd have made sure he'd have been in shape against Benn. And there'd have been fireworks in the build up.

Nigel had a better shot at MW, but I think Toney would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Toney would have dissected benn and knock him out late.

Toney already got Him and Eubank all rattled at that one talk show. Eubank was on the verge of tears amd Benn was all silent and terrified.

Toney would have destroyed these two guys.

James Toney is greater than hopkins as well.

JAMes toney is what you call a natural fighter, a throwback fighter from the 1940s.
            I love James.

Benn wasn't terrified of anyone though.

He fought Gerald and he'd have fought Roy given the opportunity.

Comment

Benn probably outworks him to a decison. If he keeps a pace for 12 then he'd likely wina wide decision.

After the fight the excuse would be "he was out of shape and had to cut lots of weight"

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Benn probably outworks him to a decison. If he keeps a pace for 12 then he'd likely wina wide decision.

After the fight the excuse would be "he was out of shape and had to cut lots of weight"
                Benn was more of an explosion impact guy than any kind of volume dude

Comment

https://youtu.be/arzRkG97E7Q

Collins v Benn again will be sad

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
                    Benn was more of an explosion impact guy than any kind of volume dude
                    I know.

But if he still can fight at a pace. If he does that, he can beat Toney rather easily.

Comment

nigel benn would win in a competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X