Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 02-18-2016, 02:59 PM #11
-Antonio-

Quoted: 660 Post(s)
-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,445,028.47
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
She wasn't trying to outslug her. Rousey always uses striking to close the distance and transition into her Judo.
She was trading with an elite boxer. She's always used striking, doesn't mean she should have kept that game plan.

Styles do make fights and that's what got her there, but once she got tagged in the face a few times, she should have had a plan B to at least attempt a single leg take down.
-Antonio- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-18-2016, 03:20 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,100,313,393.84
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
I thought you said you didn't watch MMA and/or weren't a fan of it.
Im strictly "fair weather"...the kind of fan who watches the playoffs and the superbowl lol. for example I was a big fan of
Rich Franklin...the middle weight fighter, and Fedorov (sp?) but aside from that and aside from having a lot of respect for Ronda's intelligence I don't follow the fights too much. Ronda also has a fabulous mother...she was a Judo champion and really has her sh1t together.

On the other hand when i was working at a gym that sponsered the first sanctioned Bay Area professional fights I did watch those guys...helped with the training on occasion also... but these guys were regional.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:44 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,863,843,416.99
Total Points: 168,979,078,224.49
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Oh yeah, I saw the tournament final on youtube Ronda's mom won by pin. Pretty good skills.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:53 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,100,313,393.84
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Oh yeah, I saw the tournament final on youtube Ronda's mom won by pin. Pretty good skills.
Judo is an example of a sport that is deevolving. The rules keep excluding more and more techniques. traditionally Judo guys (generic i.e. guys and girls) were tough, strong as oxen and fast. But as more technique has left the tourney matches have become all the things which are anethema to the technical knowledge and skills Judoka possess. Its very sad really there was a time when Judo skills were very much in use for self protection and randori took a lot of technical understanding and athletic ability.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:58 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 107,862,003.47
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antonio- View Post
She was trading with an elite boxer. She's always used striking, doesn't mean she should have kept that game plan.

Styles do make fights and that's what got her there, but once she got tagged in the face a few times, she should have had a plan B to at least attempt a single leg take down.
I don't think a championship fight was where she should have tried out a technique that she is probably a novice at, against a fighter with that kind of movement. And let's remember that she did get Holly in the clinch up against the fence just a little over a minute into the fight. And after a certain amount of punishment i'm sure she was just running on instinct
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:06 AM #16
06-15

Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,011,328,267.07
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Quote:

Actually Ronda had several takedown attempts and even armbar attempts. Nothing worked. Holly is too good.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:34 PM #17
-Antonio-

Quoted: 660 Post(s)
-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,445,028.47
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
I don't think a championship fight was where she should have tried out a technique that she is probably a novice at, against a fighter with that kind of movement. And let's remember that she did get Holly in the clinch up against the fence just a little over a minute into the fight. And after a certain amount of punishment i'm sure she was just running on instinct
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM- View Post
Actually Ronda had several takedown attempts and even armbar attempts. Nothing worked. Holly is too good.
I can concede that Holly is just better than Rousey. One thing I think Holm had going for her is she is arguably stronger than Rousey is. She stuffed one Judo take down Ronda tried, and got up from the other.

You could argue the mistakes she made were from being tired. I just remember a certain point late in the 1st round where Ronda repeatedly walked into Holm's straight lefts. Maybe that's all Rousey is. I've heard that her knee issues are why she cant train take downs as much. If she plans on beating Holm that may be her only shot. Because the judo take downs it seems Holly is to mobile and too strong.
-Antonio- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:51 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Sun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond reputeSun_Tzu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,219,324,954,364,384.00
Total Points: 226,219,280,954,420,416.00
KSAB - (Knows Chit About Boxing) - LoadedWraps Cheers, you're always a good poster with interesting points of view. - j0zef Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ 

Quote:
I can concede that Holly is just better than Rousey. One thing I think Holm had going for her is she is arguably stronger than Rousey is. She stuffed one Judo take down Ronda tried, and got up from the other.

You could argue the mistakes she made were from being tired. I just remember a certain point late in the 1st round where Ronda repeatedly walked into Holm's straight lefts. Maybe that's all Rousey is. I've heard that her knee issues are why she cant train take downs as much. If she plans on beating Holm that may be her only shot. Because the judo take downs it seems Holly is to mobile and too strong.

You can tell somewhere around the middle of the first round Rhonda was just running on instinct. I thought watching the fight she was confused and frustrated but in the interview she did with Ellen she said she was basically knocked out in the first. I watched the free fight on You tube tonight, I could see it then. She was out of it from probably the middle of the first round on.
Sun_Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:35 PM #19
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,454,498,482,950,454.00
Total Points: 9,454,502,184,206,912.00
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Why do people keep saying Meisha did well against Rousey? Because she got beat up for longer?
kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:01 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,863,843,416.99
Total Points: 168,979,078,224.49
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

I think so and because she seemed to have the striking advantage when on the feet.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
mma fight, mma news

User Tag List