Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Mexican Holidays officially Canelos or?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Honestly I think Ramirez can steal it from him, I dont see Canelo keeping it fighting anyone other than Floyd or GGG. As a fan I would rather watch Ramirez unify with a decent undercard than Canelo vs Lemeiux. And if things go as I hope they do, if Vargas beats Brook, we may see PBC and TR's first ppv together next May with Garcia vs Vargas...
    Who is he gonna fight? You're greatly overvaluing is popularity. Vegas will give that date to the UFC before they gave it to Zurdo. You can't just throw any ole fight in Vegas on Cinco de Mayo or in September. They pay the promoters a nice site fee to have the fight there and they expect the draw to be big enough to sell out hotel rooms, sell out CCTV, and bring in the high rollers. Zurdo does none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
      Cinco De mayo is actually celebrating the battle of Puebla. This is where the Mexicans defeated the French. Big Holiday. Plus a great fight weekend. The notion that Floyd owns those dates is crazy. Most hispanos don't like Mayweather or his safety first style.
      The only Mexicans that celebrate the Battle of Puebla are likely folks living in Puebla; I doubt you find a single event in Mexico City (or anywhere else in Mexico) that gives a care about Puebla.

Floyd Mayweather Jr, from beating Oscar De La Hoya on, was the sport's unquestioned biggest star, so of course he'd get Kentucky Derby weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X