No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia confirms Maidana turned down a high paying 3 fight deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia confirms Maidana turned down a high paying 3 fight deal

If you didn't believe Chino was retired, you will now.

Its better going out on loss(es) to Floyd than taking a chance of being a stepping stone for guys like Errol Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Its better going out on loss(es) to Floyd than taking a chance of being a stepping stone for guys like Errol Spence.
      Why do people keep throwing Spence's name out there when talking about Maidana? What on Earth would get Chino to fight someone like Spence to begin with? There's no money in that. Spence is still a prospect. But I do see what you're saying though. He wouldn't want to take a loss against a guy viewed as inferior to Floyd, which is pretty much everyone.

Comment

Not if u'll be making a few mils. I dont think maidana is the type to care about who he loses too or how it will affect his legacy. I just think his mind is not in boxing anymore and he has no interest in it. Plus he's prolly living life with the money he made off those 2 fights with Floyd and is set for life and dont feel the need to fight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          Why do people keep throwing Spence's name out there when talking about Maidana? What on Earth would get Chino to fight someone like Spence to begin with? There's no money in that. Spence is still a prospect. But I do see what you're saying though. He wouldn't want to take a loss against a guy viewed as inferior to Floyd, which is pretty much everyone.
          I say Spence because Broner was supposed to be the guy to take Mayweathers place, at the time he had Mayweathers endorsement. Maidana was supposed to lose to Broner and skyrocket him to stardom but we all know how that went. Since than Spence is the man with Mayweathers endorsement and who better to get Spence in the ring with than the guy that beat the last heir apparent? Maidana kinda ruined PBC's plans and I have a feeling they would love nothing more than to see an old out of shape Maidana be used as a stepping stone for a young hungry fighter.

Comment

I still wanna see danny vs chino

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
              Not if u'll be making a few mils. I dont think maidana is the type to care about who he loses too or how it will affect his legacy. I just think his mind is not in boxing anymore and he has no interest in it. Plus he's prolly living life with the money he made off those 2 fights with Floyd and is set for life and dont feel the need to fight anymore.
              I have to disagree bro, I dont think any fighter likes to lose unless its losing to Floyd because its kind of a given and you are paid well to not take that much punishment. I have a feeling that the multi million dollar contract offered wasnt to fight the Rod Salkas of boxing, I am pretty sure they were going to match Maidana real tough against young hungry guys like a stepping stone and honestly if Maidanas living like a king in Argentina, why take a risk (health and career) of looking bad against up and comers when you were once at the pennicle of the sport. Maidana threw a wrench in PBC's plans and they were willing to throw alot of $$$ in his direction to gain what they lost in Broner.

Comment

I have to disagree bro, I dont think any fighter likes to lose unless its losing to Floyd because its kind of a given and you are paid well to not take that much punishment. I have a feeling that the multi million dollar contract offered wasnt to fight the Rod Salkas of boxing, I am pretty sure they were going to match Maidana real tough against young hungry guys like a stepping stone and honestly if Maidanas living like a king in Argentina, why take a risk (health and career) of looking bad against up and comers when you were once at the pennicle of the sport. Maidana threw a wrench in PBC's plans and they were willing to throw alot of $$$ in his direction to gain what they lost in Broner.
                Of course nobody likes to lose. What im saying is i dont think it matters to maidana who he loses too for his last fight. The fact that he turned down a big 3 fight deal prolly means he's not interested in boxing anymore. Maidana doesnt have the drive to fight and that's prolly why he turned it down.

Your whole point about how Maidana prolly doesnt want to fight a young and hungry fighters and that it might make maidana look bad is exactly what i was just saying that he's not interested in boxing anymore, he doesnt have to drive to put in the work, i dont think it has anything to do with staying retire because he lost to floyd.

Comment

Maidana knows he hit the lottery. When you think of it, who ever thought he would reach the heights that he did with his skillset? He was an overachiever far beyond anyone including himself expected.

He has enough cash to retire and live a good life. All the power to him.

Comment

Enjoy your retirement Champ I still give him the win on his first fight vs Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X