No announcement yet.

Ward wants 3 tune ups at 175 on HBO in order to fight Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
    1. It was self imposed lay off for Ward. That's why he needs tune ups.
    2. Ward needs 5-6 months between tune ups so it's gonna take a year and a half before he fights anybody good...that's if he stays healthy.
    3. Ward was always going to fight these tune ups, HBO deal or not.
    4. "Waaaah! GGG make me sad!" - You

Ward is 10lbs of **** in a 5lb bag.
    Ward has already put in work meanwhile GGG has made a career thus far of,tune up after tune up

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
      Ward has already put in work meanwhile GGG has made a career thus far of,tune up after tune up
      what 4-6 years ago in a tournament where he had every advantage and didn't play by the same rules as everyone else? please. spare me that crap. even if that was a great achievement look what he's done the last 4 years. look at the guys he avoided and the guys he tried to fight. its simply pathetic. maybe you don't like ggg's opposition but he tried to fight everyone in his division. thats well documented. its also well documented ward wanted easy fight after easy fight. ward has wanted tune ups the last 4 years. come on how can you defend that crap. ggg never wanted tune ups but he had to fight someone. big difference that you can't seem to comprehend yet you are defending the guy who doens't want to fight good opponents? who does that?

Comment

• So that's 4 total tuneups above 168 to fight Kovalev, but GGG is a bum if he doesn't immediately move to 168 and fight Ward in his first fight?

:shootself:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          So that's 4 total tuneups above 168 to fight Kovalev, but GGG is a bum if he doesn't immediately move to 168 and fight Ward in his first fight?

Do you find it surprising?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            So that's 4 total tuneups above 168 to fight Kovalev, but GGG is a bum if he doesn't immediately move to 168 and fight Ward in his first fight?

Lol well said. I've also seen the ward fanatics say Ward has done nothing at 175 and doesn't deserve to even fight kovalev without establishing himself first as a viable opponent. So, according to their logic, shouldn't that apply to ggg? Shouldn't he have to prove himself, as well? I can't believe how simple people are.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              what 4-6 years ago in a tournament where he had every advantage and didn't play by the same rules as everyone else? please. spare me that crap. even if that was a great achievement look what he's done the last 4 years. look at the guys he avoided and the guys he tried to fight. its simply pathetic. maybe you don't like ggg's opposition but he tried to fight everyone in his division. thats well documented. its also well documented ward wanted easy fight after easy fight. ward has wanted tune ups the last 4 years. come on how can you defend that crap. ggg never wanted tune ups but he had to fight someone. big difference that you can't seem to comprehend yet you are defending the guy who doens't want to fight good opponents? who does that?
              Oh so he had every advantage after the fact huh you do know that Kessler was the betting favorite to win the whole dam thing right ? Now do I agree with that stay at home bs from Ward when others had to,travel hell no but how's is that his fault when every promoter agreed to that nonsnense?

It's not that I don't like GGG opposition but let's be honest it's far from murderous row ..More like Nannies row !Mostly showcases for him to look good
              So let's stop acting that in the short time he's made his buzz he's beaten elite after elite ...

And as far as good opponents your really grasping at straws here his (Ward)resume is twice of that GGG yet your defending him yet he has nothing to speak of what's does that say about you ?

Had he went up in weight and beat Froch I would agree with everything you said but what do we have to go on ,his one sided beatings of Murray ,Monroe ! Curtis Showtime Stevenson?

Ask the same of Ward let me know what you come back with since he avoided so many people.

Comment

• Andre "Tuneup Killer" Ward.

He needs to just man it up now, this got old real quick.

He knows everyone wants him to fight kovalev so he gonna bend HBO over and demand high paydays for mediocre FSN1 type fights and he gonna demand headline main events on HBO.

Now I usually dont care about a fighter trying to get all their worth and then some, go for it but in a case like this it kinda irks me because Ward will be taking money away from HBO boxing budget and claiming dates, this will leave HBO with less dates and less money to actually put on a good fight cause the money and date they would have used to put on a great event will be going to ward instead for his tune up fights.

Comment

• Oh so Ward will conquer 175, just not Kovalev? Kovalev is too much right now? This sounds familiar

Comment

• Originally posted by FBLM View Post
                    Andre "Tuneup Killer" Ward.

He needs to just man it up now, this got old real quick.

He knows everyone wants him to fight kovalev so he gonna bend HBO over and demand high paydays for mediocre FSN1 type fights and he gonna demand headline main events on HBO.

Now I usually dont care about a fighter trying to get all their worth and then some, go for it but in a case like this it kinda irks me because Ward will be taking money away from HBO boxing budget and claiming dates, this will leave HBO with less dates and less money to actually put on a good fight cause the money and date they would have used to put on a great event will be going to ward instead for his tune up fights.
                    Yupp. Ward taking tv slots for garbage tune ups. . Ill bet they will vs 168 pound scrubs being moved up

Comment

• *yawns* so another year lost for Andre Bored. Might tune in in late 2016 to see Kovalev knock out Ward.. that will be the only interesting fight he will ever be part of.

Comment

Working...
                      X