Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the scariest thing that has ever happened to you so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the scariest thing that has ever happened to you so far?

It can be paranormal or not. I'll start it off. I shared this story here before.

This happened a few years ago when I worked at home depot. We had a monthly store meeting early in the morning. This one morning it was really cold and the roads were really icy. After the meeting was over, when cars were leaving some were slippering off the road. I waited until most of them left and then I went on my way home. I always take the freeway home because I lived at the time a town over.

The freeway that is close to home depot that I had to take wasn't really safe. You have to make a circle before hitting the freeway and you have punch the gas to catch up to traffic. When you made the circle, there wasn't any railings so you can easily fall off and plunge to your death. Anyway, I had to hit the gas as I was on the circle because I was going pretty slow and unfortunately for me there was black ice on the circle and when I hit the gas, my car was sliding off the circle. I was panicking so I went against the grain and I hit my brakes hard. My car stopped before it went over and my car's front tires were on the edge of the circle. I was that close from going over. I was pretty scared and I reversed to continue going on the freeway. I was lucky too because it was so early in the morning that there was no cars behind me as it happened.

What is yours?

I almost was paralyzed in a surfing accident in Hawaii when I was 30. Long story short: a wave pounded my head into the shore with a pretty good force. I saw stars when my head hit, I flipped over and then washed up on shore. When I got up, my equilibrium was ****ed up and I staggered out of the ocean. I got checked out by the life guard and luckily didn't sustain a concussion. The next morning I could barely walk, my body was so sore. If the wave had been a few more pounds of pressure I could've easily severed my spinal cord. That was the dumbest and scariest thing I've ever done

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
      It can be paranormal or not. I'll start it off. I shared this story here before.

This happened a few years ago when I worked at home depot. We had a monthly store meeting early in the morning. This one morning it was really cold and the roads were really icy. After the meeting was over, when cars were leaving some were slippering off the road. I waited until most of them left and then I went on my way home. I always take the freeway home because I lived at the time a town over.

The freeway that is close to home depot that I had to take wasn't really safe. You have to make a circle before hitting the freeway and you have punch the gas to catch up to traffic. When you made the circle, there wasn't any railings so you can easily fall off and plunge to your death. Anyway, I had to hit the gas as I was on the circle because I was going pretty slow and unfortunately for me there was black ice on the circle and when I hit the gas, my car was sliding off the circle. I was panicking so I went against the grain and I hit my brakes hard. My car stopped before it went over and my car's front tires were on the edge of the circle. I was that close from going over. I was pretty scared and I reversed to continue going on the freeway. I was lucky too because it was so early in the morning that there was no cars behind me as it happened.

What is yours?
      I woke up with herpes on my a.nus... I win...

Comment

My mum nearly walked in on me...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I almost was paralyzed in a surfing accident in Hawaii when I was 30. Long story short: a wave pounded my head into the shore with a pretty good force. I saw stars when my head hit, I flipped over and then washed up on shore. When I got up, my equilibrium was ****ed up and I staggered out of the ocean. I got checked out by the life guard and luckily didn't sustain a concussion. The next morning I could barely walk, my body was so sore. If the wave had been a few more pounds of pressure I could've easily severed my spinal cord. That was the dumbest and scariest thing I've ever done
          Damn, you got lucky. That's a reason why I'm afraid to surf because of how strong the waves can be and watching a lot of tsunami videos on YouTube. I bet you didn't surf for awhile after that. lol

Comment

Minor heart attack, thought that was me dead, the pain was somethin I hope to never experience again.

When I was 15/16 someone who I thought was family hurt my sister real ****in bad then threatened to kidnap my niece, there was **** all we could do about it in the court and we couldn't hurt him outside because it's my nieces dad, didn't sleep for 3-4 nights just stayed up with a knife at the side of my bed waitin and waitin, similar situation a few years ago when I found out my "best friend" had a serious ****in problem and gave me a nervous breakdown through a series of threats and stalking, looking back it wasn't that bad cus the guy's jus a ****in ***** but at the time I thought that if I slept that would be it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Minor heart attack, thought that was me dead, the pain was somethin I hope to never experience again.

When I was 15/16 someone who I thought was family hurt my sister real ****in bad then threatened to kidnap my niece, there was **** all we could do about it in the court and we couldn't hurt him outside because it's my nieces dad, didn't sleep for 3-4 nights just stayed up with a knife at the side of my bed waitin and waitin, similar situation a few years ago when I found out my "best friend" had a serious ****in problem and gave me a nervous breakdown through a series of threats and stalking, looking back it wasn't that bad cus the guy's jus a ****in ***** but at the time I thought that if I slept that would be it for me.
              Damn, that's crazy. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Was in a car chase many years ago. The guy chasing us was strapped so it was intense. The worst part is I was running out of gas and was hoping I'd lose him before I ran out if it lol. Thankfully I did.

Comment

One of my part-time jobs when I was in school was in a factory that made those huge led display boards like the ones you see in airports or sports stadiums. My job was helping this other guy prepare the perspex lenses that go on the front of the signs. The first thing we had to do was cut the lenses to size from big sheets of perspex using this monster of a bench saw. I can't find a picture that captures the size of it but the blade was at least as big as the one on this unit.

One day we were lifting down a sheet of perspex from the stack next to the saw. As I was backing towards the bench I had to move down these shallow steps in reverse. When I stepped off the last one I bumped into the bench and automatically put my hand down to steady myself. The heel of my hand pressed right into the side of the moving blade and kind of slid off it. My hand was burnt but that was it.

Had I stuck my hand out as little as three inches higher the blade would have sawn though my entire arm up to my shoulder at best, caused me to fall into it and cut me in half at worst.

The guy who was working with me went pale as a ghost but I remember I just started laughing. It didn't really hit me until later that day how close I'd come to having my arm cut off and having my life changed forever. A bit of dumb luck was all that prevented it.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Was in a car chase many years ago. The guy chasing us was strapped so it was intense. The worst part is I was running out of gas and was hoping I'd lose him before I ran out if it lol. Thankfully I did.
                    Why were you being chased bro?

Comment

Working...
                    X