No announcement yet.

NSB and the general boxing public

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB and the general boxing public

Does NSB popular views reflect that of the general boxing public? Can NSB be use as a gauge to see if a proposed fight will be a success or will be doomed to fail?

Hell no. Nobody in a gym talks like the regulars here. They're all so desperate to be heard that they overstate their opinions to the point that they don't even truly believe what they're saying. This place is great for news but the opinions are just a shouting contest.

Comment

as a general rule no, but theirs a few in touch with reality posters like myself a select others who have actually boxed in sanction bouts before and been around boxing their entire life that are on par with the general boxing public, but we are a few and far between. The majority here are just agenda driven, so don't misconstrued their opinions with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Hell no. Nobody in a gym talks like the regulars here. They're all so desperate to be heard that they overstate their opinions to the point that they don't even truly believe what they're saying. This place is great for news but the opinions are just a shouting contest.
        Yeah everyone at the gym is much friendlier and less "in yo face" than boxing scene, for obvious reasons.

Dunno if that's what he meant by the general public though... If he meant casual fans then I'd actually say yeah, NSB is pretty representative of casual viewership. 90% of the threads are about Floyd/Manny.
        Last edited by ////; 03-10-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
          Yeah everyone at the gym is much friendlier and less "in yo face" than boxing scene, for obvious reasons.

Dunno if that's what he meant by the general public though... If he meant casual fans then I'd actually say yeah, NSB is pretty representative of casual viewership. 90% of the threads are about Floyd/Manny.
          Does NSB influences the views of the casual fans? sure not all those who are in here are members, there are guest who reads threads. What I mean is does a Pac fan suddenly becomes a hater after reading all those post about PEDs and all? or a Floyd fan becomes a hater after reading post about all those ducking accusations

Another example is the Poll on the fight of the century, it's neck in neck now seems like that's what is being reflected by the betting public, bookies says the odds are almost the same now unlike before when they open up the bets
          Last edited by Rath; 03-10-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

This site is only good for news... I can't believe the things some people say here lol !! Then they think that, because the got high. " rep power or a bunch of green K" that it makes them an expert at everything about boxing HAHA!! I got "alt" accounts been coming on this site since 2009 the only reason i never made a count till years later was, because this isn't a really good place to discus boxing... To many fan boys, couch coaches. GREAT FOR NEWS THOU
            Last edited by lx!!; 03-11-2015, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
              Does NSB influences the views of the casual fans? sure not all those who are in here are members, there are guest who reads threads. What I mean is does a Pac fan suddenly becomes a hater after reading all those post about PEDs and all? or a Floyd fan becomes a hater after reading post about all those ducking accusations

Another example is the Poll on the fight of the century, it's neck in neck now seems like that's what is being reflected by the betting public, bookies says the odds are almost the same now unlike before when they open up the bets
              Well I think BPP's NSB threads have probably created a few Khan haters

But NSB is just one of many boxing forums, most boxing fans have never even seen the site.

Comment

Not really. NSB can't even pick a fight.

Porter-Brook anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
                  as a general rule no, but theirs a few in touch with reality posters like myself a select others who have actually boxed in sanction bouts before and been around boxing their entire life that are on par with the general boxing public, but we are a few and far between. The majority here are just agenda driven, so don't misconstrued their opinions with reality.
                  HELL NO.

You have Brandon Rios as your avatar.. That's already an infraction flag. Overhyped one demensional brawler and is overhyped because Manny Pacquiao fought him. Plus your post are racially motivated.. It's subtle but we all know what TIME it is.

Comment

Seeing as I've never been around the sport I believe that it does affect peoples views.

In my first week here I learned that Sugar Ray Robinson sucked, that Joe Louis was himself a bum, that every fight is fixed, that using the ring is running, that everybody 'duks', that every fighter is over hyped trash and that the general public is far wiser to the sport than those who actually live/lived in the sport.

The general boxing public, that's where it's at.
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 03-11-2015, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X