Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the **** is Boxnation not on Freeview?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    So basically because I dont have sky.. I have no chance to watch floyd vs pac?? Fukin bull**** is it even on radio??
    It probably will.

I'll be streaming it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
      Because freeview is for chav scum. If you want all the channels then you need to cough up and get sky.
      Pretty much this ^^^^.

If you're too poor to get a Sky/Virgin subscription then you probably shouldn't follow boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ed View Post
        Pretty much this ^^^^.

If you're too poor to get a Sky/Virgin subscription then you probably shouldn't follow boxing.
        It's not a question of being able to afford it but more am i willing to pay silly money for something i will only watch once or twice a week.

If you're happy paying an extortionate amount of cash for a TV service that's fine, but don't tell me i shouldn't follow boxing because i like value for money.

I'd happily buy Boxnation though as i find that good value for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          It's not a question of being able to afford it but more am i willing to pay silly money for something i will only watch once or twice a week.

If you're happy paying an extortionate amount of cash for a TV service that's fine, but don't tell me i shouldn't follow boxing because i like value for money.

I'd happily buy Boxnation though as i find that good value for the money.
          If you follow boxing, a sports channel subscription is necessary. Sorry to be the one that has to break it to you.

Comment

Pretty much this ^^^^.

Didnt u say u pay over 100£ a month on tv packages?

Yeah **** that

I am not interested in sky packages.. only this one fight... I pay for netflix and now tv (also sky I think) and its enough tv for me

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              Didnt u say u pay over 100£ a month on tv packages?

Yeah **** that

I am not interested in sky packages.. only this one fight... I pay for netflix and now tv (also sky I think) and its enough tv for me
              It's worth it. You get the best football games in HD. I grew tired of watching shitty streams.

Comment

If you follow boxing, a sports channel subscription is necessary. Sorry to be the one that has to break it to you.
                I get HD streams of every major game and boxing event for a tenner a month, i'm ok without being ripped off by SKY thanks.

Comment

why buy it when you can get it stream for free

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    why buy it when you can get it stream for free
                    Spoken like a true college student who still lives at home with his parents.

Boxnation are hardly a financially flourishing company and £10-£12 a month for the content they offer is excellent value. I'd pay that for their international content alone.

You're not entitled to have everything for free. If Boxnation goes under the boxing coverage in the UK would decline big time. Who else would pick up the fights they do? Sky certainly wouldn't.

Besides that, I can't be arsed faffing around looking for a stream, closing a million ads and fending off droves of malware in the process, only for the stream to start getting choppy or cut off mid way through a fight.
                    Last edited by Targaryen; 03-17-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Yep, been stung too many times relying on a stream for a big fight. I'm sure there will be plenty of people saying their streams are flawless etc. That's just not the case in my experience.

And if you would rather stream a fight than support a British boxing channel, then I don't really know what to say. If you can't afford £10 a month and think it's worth scrimping over, then you really need to question where you went wrong in life.

Comment

Working...
                      X