No announcement yet.

Ray Mancini: "Canelo is an ordinary fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    Canelo will never lose a decision unless he's fighting Mayweather again that's how much of a handicap he has coming in to every fight.

He was getting too much credit for his body shots against Lara. He landed half of those body punches and they never had Lara hurt to the point that you can say wow he's looking like Duran in there making Lara fold like a chair and almost taking a knee.

Canelo fanboys will defend Canelo and his failed attempt yet again getting outboxed in 3 of his last 4 fights. But hey look at the bright side he's going to be fighting weak minded Kirkland or child molester Molina and make it PPV's.
    What frustrated me most about the Lara fight, is he would follow Lara around and finally get him in a corner. He would walk in, and both he and Lara would just stand there looking at each other, then after that pause, Lara would 1-2 him and then move, or he would start digging to Lara's body.

Canelo never punched his way in, he would follow, plant his feet and then throw. It was so frustrating to watch. Lara was not doing much either, so I have no argument with Canelo winning, I actually gave it to Canelo. As far as the fight goes it was boring. We had lara afraid to throw punches and Canelo for some reason never finding a comfortable range, even when he had Lara trapped in a corner. Weird fight.
    Last edited by deanrw; 07-22-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I agree the kid does nothing really special in the ring. He just relies on his power.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        I think its unfair to say hes an ordinary fighter. The slick southpaw style would make any fighter look ordinary. It doesnt mean they are.

@ that sig

Comment

So does this mean that Mosley, less than year after pac, trout when he was this dangerous fighter, angulo when he was going to decapitate him and lara who was the boogeyman are now bums

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            mancini is the best. true gentleman of the sport and always loved watching him fight.

with regards to his comments on alvarez, he is ABSOLUTELY right. there is nothing special about canelo. maybe his hand speed is nice, but that's it. juan francisco estrada is leagues above canelo in terms of skill and versatility but for some reason he gets no love or attention. maybe if estrada dyed his hair red people might start talking about him.
            Or blonde..

PRPP

Comment

Mancini was an underrated boxer, watch he when he outpointed Jose Luis Ramirez, definitely skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                mancini is the best. true gentleman of the sport and always loved watching him fight.

with regards to his comments on alvarez, he is ABSOLUTELY right. there is nothing special about canelo. maybe his hand speed is nice, but that's it. juan francisco estrada is leagues above canelo in terms of skill and versatility but for some reason he gets no love or attention. maybe if estrada dyed his hair red people might start talking about him.
                The lower weights don't get the respect they deserve. Estrada is a hell of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  What frustrated me most about the Lara fight, is he would follow Lara around and finally get him in a corner. He would walk in, and both he and Lara would just stand there looking at each other, then after that pause, Lara would 1-2 him and then move, or he would start digging to Lara's body.

Canelo never punched his way in, he would follow, plant his feet and then throw. It was so frustrating to watch. Lara was not doing much either, so I have no argument with Canelo winning, I actually gave it to Canelo. As far as the fight goes it was boring. We had lara afraid to throw punches and Canelo for some reason never finding a comfortable range, even when he had Lara trapped in a corner. Weird fight.
                  Yeah this fight was atrocious. I would like for Lara to try to move down to 147, he's a small 154 and I think he would be more comfortable at that weight. Canelo needs to fight Cotto to gain his PPV kingpin status.

I heard this PPV was only 250-300k and it had a pretty good undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                    Yeah this fight was atrocious. I would like for Lara to try to move down to 147, he's a small 154 and I think he would be more comfortable at that weight. Canelo needs to fight Cotto to gain his PPV kingpin status.

I heard this PPV was only 250-300k and it had a pretty good undercard.
                    I doubt Lara can make 147. He's a good sized 154 fighter. A lot of guys at 154are big for the weight. Canelo, Angulo and trout all rehydrate to 170 or above. Lara isn't too far behind though (I think he rehydrated to 166 against Canelo). I can see him fighting at 160 before he'd try to make 147.

Comment

What's special about canelo? Red hair? Caught between JMW and MW?

What is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X