Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any more ****ish, obnoxious word than 'sheeple'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    Well I don't know about Obama personally being behind invasions of privacy, but the US government DOES spy on its citizens (phone tapping & e-mail snooping).
    And therein lies the problem with conspi******s. They take something that is quite undeniably true and go full ****** with it.

"The NSA is accessing emails and phone conversations and routinely invading the privacy of Americans" becomes "President Obama iz in ur INTRNETZ steelin ur LOLCATZ!"

Another examples would be Operation Northwoods. It goes something like this:

During the cold war someone in the CIA proposed a false flag attack on a US vessel implicating Cuba to provide a pretext for war, but the idea was immediately shot down by the committee.

The conspi****** version of this is

During the cold war someone in the CIA proposed a false flag attack on a US vessel implicating Cuba to provide a pretext for war and therefore SANDY HOOK NEVER HAPPENED AND ALL OF THE DEAD KIDS ARE SECRETLY ACTORS AND ALSO BOSTON.

Comment

I find every word that's altered in an attempt to make it seem clever equally obnoxious. The people who use the word sheeple are probably slightly more ****ish than people who use some of the other words though.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        And therein lies the problem with conspi******s. They take something that is quite undeniably true and go full ****** with it.

"The NSA is accessing emails and phone conversations and routinely invading the privacy of Americans" becomes "President Obama iz in ur INTRNETZ steelin ur LOLCATZ!"

Another examples would be Operation Northwoods. It goes something like this:

During the cold war someone in the CIA proposed a false flag attack on a US vessel implicating Cuba to provide a pretext for war, but the idea was immediately shot down by the committee.

The conspi****** version of this is

During the cold war someone in the CIA proposed a false flag attack on a US vessel implicating Cuba to provide a pretext for war and therefore SANDY HOOK NEVER HAPPENED AND ALL OF THE DEAD KIDS ARE SECRETLY ACTORS AND ALSO BOSTON.
        I agree that conspiracy theorists do go OTT, the vast majority of the time. However, I haven't heard a single conspiracy theorist try and connect Northwoods to Sandy Hook. Be fair. You're doing exactly what you accuse conspiracy theorists of doing - going OTT.

Comment

I think the word "yank" or "yanks" is on the same level of ****ery.

Comment

non sequitor....why would I care what fringe conspiracy people think? They aren't the ones with influence. It's the dumb masses I fear. Tyranny of the majority.

Comment

Yes, the phrase "SMH", and probably the one I hate most. "meme". I cringe every time I see it.

Comment

the people who use the word are definitely up there with the word itself.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  next time someone hands you one stop, take a look at it and look suddenly worried. Then say "how did you find out about this?" then pace a little bit, make a real show of it. Then stop right in front of them and speak into your collar like it's a radio. Say something like "agent davis to base, abort operations repeat abort operations, somebody has leaked the plans, we can't proceed until we've eliminated the mole."

then back away from them until you're a few feet away then turn and run.
                  lol.........

Comment

The only place I meet these guys are here on boxingscene. Some are quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Usually its preceded by some facebook post linking to a conspiracy theory hashed out on a 'news' website called 'thetruththeydontwantyoutoknow.com' or 'ima******whobelieveseverythingireadthatisntanoffi cialsource.com' (disclaimer: may not be real titles). It's user is the kind of person who believes themselves to be tapped into some higher intellect than the rest of humanity despite bombing out of school and never having had a job.

This was the latest use on my facebook newsfeed underneath an article titled "At last, a law to stop almost anyone from doing almost anything" (with the comment "I SWEAR NO ONE EVEN REALIZES THIS IS HAPPENING!??!!? WAKE UUPPPPP " attached):

If I could reach through my laptop screen and slap the condescending pricks I would. This may well be a legitimate issue (the law isnt great and is very vaguely worded) but they have instantly alienated the people they are trying to convince by acting like they are harbingers of truth and the rest of us are babies suckling at their knowledgeable teet.

**** 'em. **** their mothers.
                      Anyone who uses the word "sheeple" instantly loses all credibility with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X