Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the current Elite fighters in the UFC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the current Elite fighters in the UFC?

Who are the current elite? Silva, GSP, Henderson? Who do you think are the elite..

Current fighters.

Cain, JDS, Cormier, Silva, GSP, Condit, Hendricks, damn near all the LW's, Aldo, Mendes, Korean Zombie, Barao, Cruz, Faber (I know he's been gifted a **** ton of title shots, but besides Aldo, Barao, who could beat him?), Demarcus Johnson, John Dodson.

I'm sure i'm missing a few, but these are the elite of the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Cain, JDS, Cormier, Silva, GSP, Condit, Hendricks, damn near all the LW's, Aldo, Mendes, Korean Zombie, Barao, Cruz, Faber (I know he's been gifted a **** ton of title shots, but besides Aldo, Barao, who could beat him?), Demarcus Johnson, John Dodson.

I'm sure i'm missing a few, but these are the elite of the elite.
      Demetrius Johnson

he makes my list too.

Demetrius Johnson, Joseph Benavidez.
      Jose Aldo, Frankie Edgar, Anthony Pettis.
      Benson Henderson.
      GSP, Carlos Condit, Rory Mcdonald, Johny Hendricks, Demian Maia.
      Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, Bubba McDaniel.
      Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Glover Teixeira, Phil Davis, Alexander Gustafsson.
      Cain Velasquez, Antonio Silva, JDS, Daniel Cormier, Fabricio Werdum.

plenty of guys just outside the elite circle capable of beating them though ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
        Demetrius Johnson

he makes my list too.

Benson Henderson.
        Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Glover Teixeira, Phil Davis, Alexander Gustafsson.

plenty of guys just outside the elite circle capable of beating them though ofc.
        Damn, your list ****s on my list. I forgot a **** ton of fighters. LOL.

Comment

Demetrius Johnson

he makes my list too.

Benson Henderson.

Good list mine is pretty similar too. I'd have Melendez with Bendo. Belfort instead of Bubba (lol) and potentially Weidman. At 205 I'd remove Rashad (atm he is not the Rashad of old) and put Mousasi. At Heavyweight I'd add Overeem.

[EDIT] almost, looks like I've been watching too much UFC how could I forget.
          Last edited by hayZ; 05-07-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

add in michael chandler, eddie alvarez, and shinya aoki at lightweight. add pat curran and chad mendes at featherweight. im not sure where to put askren... i think he loses to everyone in your list, save condit. overeem should be on there... mousasi and shogun should be on there imo but its kind of debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by almost View Post
              add in michael chandler, eddie alvarez, and shinya aoki at lightweight. add pat curran and chad mendes at featherweight. im not sure where to put askren... i think he loses to everyone in your list, save condit. overeem should be on there... mousasi and shogun should be on there imo but its kind of debatable.
              Mendes yeah, serious omission on my part.

I am waiting for Mousasi to win his first real UFC fight, Pat Curran needs to come to UFC Warren was a bit **** anyway [who curran took the title off]. Melendez I am not sure about, half that weight class is almost on his level or better. I really left Maynard and co off the list cause its hard to pick clear elite. Belfort has always had a question mark next to his name, so hit n miss.

PS: left Overeem off cause he is a scrub and ofc Bubba being on my list was a joke.
              Last edited by Zn1; 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Demetrius Johnson

he makes my list too.

Benson Henderson.

I agree with the list except for those which I bolded. Maybe Cormier too, I was not impressed with his debut against Mir at all...

Comment

I think being elite and not champion mean if somebody beats you they'd probably most likely earn a title shot.

125-Benevidez, Dodson, Johnson
                  135-Barao, Cruz, Faber
                  145-Aldo, Frankie, Mendes(Pettis hasnt fought here yet)
                  155-Bendo, Pettis, Maynard, Melendez, Thompson
                  170- GSP, Hendricks, Condit(Rory doesnt have a signature win, Maia's borderline)
                  185- Silva, Rockhold, Belfort, Jacare, Okami
                  205-Jones, Machida, Hendo, Gustaffson
                  HW-Cain, JDS, Cormier, Mir

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Good list mine is pretty similar too. I'd have Melendez with Bendo. Belfort instead of Bubba (lol) and potentially Weidman. At 205 I'd remove Rashad (atm he is not the Rashad of old) and put Mousasi. At Heavyweight I'd add Overeem.

[EDIT] almost, looks like I've been watching too much UFC how could I forget.
                    Remove Rashad and keep Mousasi off the list. Who the hell has he beat at 205?

Overeem just got brutally KTFO and exposed. Sn1s list was missing mendes at 145. Nobody besides maybe Aldo & maybe Edgar beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X