Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Andre Ward fight the winner of Chavez-Martinez at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Andre Ward fight the winner of Chavez-Martinez at 160?

Chad Dawson went down to 168 and to Andre Ward's hometown to fight him.

Would Ward go to 160 to fight the winner of Chavez-Martinez, or to fight Golovkin?

Or would Ward require that they move up to 168?

Would Ward agree to fight Golovkin in his hometown in Kazakhstan, or fight Martinez in his hometown in Argentina?

Or would Ward require that they fight him in Oakland?
    Yes, Ward's a warrior like Dawson and would be brave enough to fight at 160
    12.50%
    I don't know
    0.00%
    No, Ward will fight only at his preferred weight of 168
    87.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 09-09-2012, 12:39 AM.

Sergio said no.

If Chavez where to win i could see it.

Comment

And Oakland of course and Ward aint moving down.

Comment

He'd probably put his titles and the line and bring them up to 68. As far as location goes, Golovkin would be in Oakland and Chavez Jr./Martinez would be in Vegas.

Location is about what city will sell the most tickets.

Comment

Ward said a move up to 175 might be in the cards soon, so I don't expect to ever see him at 160.

Comment

Dawson chose to go down for the money of a big fight. Ward doesn't have to, he can wait for them to come to him.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
              Ward said a move up to 175 might be in the cards soon, so I don't expect to ever see him at 160.
              This. Ward couldn't go down to 160. Martinez shouldn't go up to 168. If Chavez some how won than him and Ward at 168 could be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                Dawson chose to go down for the money of a big fight. Ward doesn't have to, he can wait for them to come to him.
                Period......

Comment

On one hand Dawson is a warrior because he went down in weight. On the other hand he was too drained, sluggish and exhausted to perform. Which is it?

What boxing fans often call a "warrior" is more like an "idiot". From what I read on forums a warrior is a guy that drops weight, stands in the pocket and eats punches or takes a fight that can ruin his career.

Ward has no reason to drain himself 8 pounds to fight middleweights. Period. The whole notion of that makes no sense.

Comment

Martinez is more likely to go back down to 154 than he is to jump to 168, Cotto, Kirkland, Canelo, and Floyd Mayweather Jr are just a few paydays awaiting him at JMW. As for Chavez, he has barely been making weight at MW his last few fights, if he struggles to make weight vs Martinez, I could see him moving to SMW anyway. Give him Pavlick or the like, then let him loose against the top fighters in the division. Ward was 176 against Dawson, Chavez would likely be around the same weight or a few pounds heavier. I would like to see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X