Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mike Tyson hadn't dumped this guy ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mike Tyson hadn't dumped this guy ...

what would we be saying about his career today ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RHP6...feature=relmfu

Tyson needed someone to keep him discipline and focused.once he lost those people around him he began ignoring his skill set became more flat footed and relied on 1 punch to get his opponents out.his head movement began to fad,those lighting quick combos disappeared and he faded as a fighter

Comment

He might be the G.O.A.T.

Comment

he was what 21 at the time of the spinks fight? He could presumably have gotten EVEN better, he'd have been 50-0 GOAT imo

Comment

Sad man fuvkin sad! I really flame Tyson all the time in all discussions and it stems purely from disappointment. This guy could have been the greatest sportsman of all time not just boxer but sportsman and he didn't even achieve 1 tenth of his potential

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            Sad man fuvkin sad! I really flame Tyson all the time in all discussions and it stems purely from disappointment. This guy could have been the greatest sportsman of all time not just boxer but sportsman and he didn't even achieve 1 tenth of his potential
            yeah I think it is. And whats worse is it was his own fault, he turned his back on the people that had pulled him up off the streets and invested years,money and in some cases their hearts in him and he turned around and basically told them all to go to hell just cause the likes of King and Givens who only cared about his money mind****ed him and told him the old 'team tyson' were making too much cash off him.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              yeah I think it is. And whats worse is it was his own fault, he turned his back on the people that had pulled him up off the streets and invested years,money and in some cases their hearts in him and he turned around and basically told them all to go to hell just cause the likes of King and Givens who only cared about his money mind****ed him and told him the old 'team tyson' were making too much cash off him.
              Yup and that's why I'll never him as one of greats. He screwed himself over and he screwed the fans over. And while I'm here fuvk you don king.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Yup and that's why I'll never him as one of greats. He screwed himself over and he screwed the fans over. And while I'm here fuvk you don king.
                apparently givens made him dump rooney after the split with cayton because Rooney and tyson had a long established deal whereby Rooney was getting 10% of his purse since day 1. Givens/King obviously reckoned they would make more themselves if they forced rooney out and brought in some piece of Shlt trainer and gave him peanuts. I guess Tyson thought the same.

Comment

Damnit... why did you post this. I try to avoid all of Tyson conversations. It hurts every time I hear his name. I truly believe he could've still been fighting if he had never lost it.

Comment

He would've been better, he most likely never would have lost to Douglas.

I still think there are problems he would've faced even if he'd kept Kevin Rooney when facing Lewis and Holyfield, but we'd most likely be talking about a guy who fulfilled his potential and did even better.

Comment

Working...
                    X