No announcement yet.

Criteria for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criteria for ATG

on a serious note, I wanna know your Realistic criteria for ATG status, Can we do this in a civilized manner, I'm not trying and I'm sure other people aren't trying to read through condescending remarks. you can list your criteria in order of most important to least or just name some stuff.

1.)Resume, boxers that the fighter has beaten, regardless if you think they was prime or not, p4p top ten should get bonus points, and major belt champions (WBA, WBO,WBC and IBF )and not just who he fought but who be beat, if this was the case Augustus would be the greatest. 40% of ATG points
    2.) Overall boxing skills, ( footwork, jab, power, power punches, body punches, defense, speed, stamina, combinations, ring presence, etc. 30% of ATG points
    3.) How each boxers stack up to other top boxers in their division, past present and future. 20% of ATG points
    4.) Natural talent and ability. 10% of ATG points.

don't name boxers just Criteria right now

Comment

ATG rankings should be about mainly resume(wins) and accomplishment. Really that should be like 90% of the criteria, the other 10% could go to misc.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
        on a serious note, I wanna know your Realistic criteria for ATG status, Can we do this in a civilized manner, I'm not trying and I'm sure other people aren't trying to read through condescending remarks. you can list your criteria in order of most important to least or just name some stuff.

1.)Resume, boxers that the fighter has beaten, regardless if you think they was prime or not, p4p top ten should get bonus points, and major belt champions (WBA, WBO,WBC and IBF )and not just who he fought but who be beat, if this was the case Augustus would be the greatest. 40% of ATG points
        2.) Overall boxing skills, ( footwork, jab, power, power punches, body punches, defense, speed, stamina, combinations, ring presence, etc. 30% of ATG points
        3.) How each boxers stack up to other top boxers in their division, past present and future. 20% of ATG points
        4.) Natural talent and ability. 10% of ATG points.
        Let me ask you this should Pac get bonus points if he beats Martinez at 147?

Comment

criteria 1. undefeated

criteria 2. ??????????

criteria 3. ??????????

floyd mayweather is my favorite fighter by the way. just a coincidence.

Comment

It is so hard to compare across division and weight classes over time.

I don't think you need to get that far into the mud with it, if a guy is at that level of greatness it should be plainly apparent to the eye on multiple levels.

Now greatness means different things to different people so there will be some variation like anything in boxing and surely some will disagree with what others find great but if someone has their reasons they have their reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              ATG rankings should be about mainly resume(wins) and accomplishment. Really that should be like 90% of the criteria, the other 10% could go to misc.
              it should be all about resume for the most part. otherwise if you just use the eye test you could be totally subjective and say ike ikebuchi was the greatest heavyweight of all time or some nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                it should be all about resume for the most part. otherwise if you just use the eye test you could be totally subjective and say ike ikebuchi was greatest heavyweight of all time or some nonsense.
                Using just resume misses the point and if that is all you have you really have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it should be all about resume for the most part. otherwise if you just use the eye test you could be totally subjective and say ike ikebuchi was the greatest heavyweight of all time or some nonsense.
                  I agree, you can't really go by skill. To determine an ATG ranking, it's really mainly resume(wins, I'm sorry losses shouldn't really get you far) and accomplishments. That really should be at least 90% of the criteria.

Comment

You can't put it into a points system or you would get ratings like boxrec. They've got Archie Moore as the GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                    X