Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales gets completely dominated - Was he washed up? (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogler View Post
    lol morales got dominated on points but he wasnt beat up. raheem didnt brutalized morales the way pac did and he doesnt have that killer instinct. erik was still fresh as a daisy in the end, it was just a stylistic nightmare fight for him.

if anything, it only showed how flabby and sluggish morales was at 135. he was faster to the punch when he want back to fight pac at 130. keep reaching
    You're forgetting Morales beat Pacquiao as the 3/1 underdog - coming off a trilogy with Barrera that took so much out of him. Roach said "Morales has nothing left, Pacquiao will walk right through him".

Raheem is a boxer, not a puncher. So of course he won't get outboxed like Pacquiao did, only to land some power shots on a weight drained opponent to dig out a late round tko win. This was a version of Morales fighting at his proper weight and his legs still looked shaky at moments.

He didn't look fresh to me, he looked washed up and on the brink of retirement. He looked faster to the punch against Pac, because Pacquaio is easy to time. Raheem had a slick style which is nothing like Morales had seen before. Just as Steward said, "Morales can't get in a rhythm like he could with Pacquiao". To casual boxing fans such as yourself, it appears it's "because he's slower". An example would be what Mayweather did to Marquez. The ignorant forget that Chris John did the very same thing Mayweather did, at a much lower weight. What's the excuse for that one... Don't hate on Mayweather, Raheem, and Chris John, simply because Pacquiao only has a predictable in and out rhythm which was easy to counter for a washed up Morales and smaller Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxer View Post
      Morales, after defeating Manny Pacquiao as the 3/1 underdog, faces Raheem for a tuneup. Morales is the 8/1 betting favorite, but arguably loses every round.

The interesting part is that after losing to Raheem in such a one-sided fashion, Morales would go down in weight and outbox Pacquiao once again for the majority of the rounds, before succumbing to fatigue due to his body being weight-drained.

At 9:19 into the video, you can see Pacquiao's reaction to Morales getting shutout. The commentators suggested Morales to retire and Pacquiao to find another opponent. I find it interesting that Pacquiao's p4p status would skyrocket after his win over this clearly shot version of Morales. Also interesting, is how HBO now mentions "Pacquiao's two wins over Morales" as if it means anything, when right before the fight took place they considered it a worthless fight considering the low level of Morales at that time.
      Very interesting. Allot of it has to d with promoting Manny as a greater fighter than he really is. I never bought into it and I'm glad i didn't. I have Manny as a good fighter but he's a tiny bit overrated. We'll see.

Comment

You're forgetting Morales beat Pacquiao as the 3/1 underdog - coming off a trilogy with Barrera that took so much out of him. Roach said "Morales has nothing left, Pacquiao will walk right through him".

Raheem is a boxer, not a puncher. So of course he won't get outboxed like Pacquiao did, only to land some power shots on a weight drained opponent to dig out a late round tko win. This was a version of Morales fighting at his proper weight and his legs still looked shaky at moments.

He didn't look fresh to me, he looked washed up and on the brink of retirement. He looked faster to the punch against Pac, because Pacquaio is easy to time. Raheem had a slick style which is nothing like Morales had seen before. Just as Steward said, "Morales can't get in a rhythm like he could with Pacquiao". To casual boxing fans such as yourself, it appears it's "because he's slower". An example would be what Mayweather did to Marquez. The ignorant forget that Chris John did the very same thing Mayweather did, at a much lower weight. What's the excuse for that one... Don't hate on Mayweather, Raheem, and Chris John, simply because Pacquiao only has a predictable in and out rhythm which was easy to counter for a washed up Morales and smaller Marquez.
        Another good interesting post. Finally we have someone new who isn't an ignorant alt. Keep it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
          morales was done man in my opinion anyone who thinks morales are good wins for pacquiao is smoking crack.

pacquiao beat MAB and marquez those are great wins not this joke version of morales.

in imo morales will always beat the crap out of pacquiao but i mean pac fans cant let this go man. so what if he will always lose to a prime morales man morales is a great fighter aint no shame to lose to a prime morales.
          MAB is a good win for pac but i wouldnt call the two JMM wins good!!! Not by a long shot!!!

Comment

your long convoluted post didnt do squat to rebutt what i said. bottomline, morales got shot due to pac, raheem didnt even do half the damage that erik got in the first pac fight even if he won. but yeah, im just a casual boxing fan who'd only been watching fights since the late ali years so go debate w/ another *****.

Comment

Morales was shot to ****

Comment

The harsh reality? At the end after the smoke settled down Pacman still greater than Floyd.

Pac has the habit of forcing other fighters to retire and make them shot. See what he did to Oscar and Hatton. Pac took a lot out of Morales in their first fight, so basically he was the one made him shot. Rahem barely touched him with his powder punches.
                Last edited by whirlwind; 04-17-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Morales, after defeating Manny Pacquiao as the 3/1 underdog, faces Raheem for a tuneup. Morales is the 8/1 betting favorite, but arguably loses every round.

The interesting part is that after losing to Raheem in such a one-sided fashion, Morales would go down in weight and outbox Pacquiao once again for the majority of the rounds, before succumbing to fatigue due to his body being weight-drained.

At 9:19 into the video, you can see Pacquiao's reaction to Morales getting shutout. The commentators suggested Morales to retire and Pacquiao to find another opponent. I find it interesting that Pacquiao's p4p status would skyrocket after his win over this clearly shot version of Morales. Also interesting, is how HBO now mentions "Pacquiao's two wins over Morales" as if it means anything, when right before the fight took place they considered it a worthless fight considering the low level of Morales at that time.
                  Weight drained? Past it? Fail. Yea less then 1 year before their second match he looked pretty damn good to me tbh. Even though many posters on here will try to make you believe that the Erik fighting Manny in their first encounter was a past it Erik Morales because he just came off a loss from MAB. I say thats bull**** because he looked great when fought Manny the first time. How can you say weight drained the second time he fought him? He weighed 1 f'ing lb. less in the rematch. His previous 12 fights were all between 126-129 1/2 lbs. That some real BS right there. I say he lost in the rematch because Manny was a beast in the ring and simply couldn't keep up with the pace. YOu fail.

oh btw he was 29 in the rematch ha.
                  Last edited by mikelovesfood; 04-17-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Manny beat big names not great fighters.he beats them washed up or drained

P.s most PAC fans on here didn't watch that fight live

Comment

Originally posted by Bogler View Post
                      lol morales got dominated on points but he wasnt beat up. raheem didnt brutalized morales the way pac did and he doesnt have that killer instinct. erik was still fresh as a daisy in the end, it was just a stylistic nightmare fight for him.

if anything, it only showed how flabby and sluggish morales was at 135. he was faster to the punch when he want back to fight pac at 130. keep reaching
                      A prime Morales whud of destroyed Raheem and u know this.....

Comment

Working...
                      X