Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone explain to Horus, a boat is not an investment.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    well you just said it was an investment.

If you buy something that depreciates, its not an investment.
    reed a house can be an investment in almost any state you buy it in. A person's home is their biggest asset (millionaires excluded). The market might not be good right now, but as you know it will go up and the best time to get into investments are in a bad market, houses stocks whatever. Just like anything you purchase you always want to buy it at lowest costs.

Maybe you've heard the term "investment Real Estate" Real estate that generates income or is otherwise intended for investment purposes rather than as a primary residence. It is common for investors to own multiple pieces of real estate, one of which serves as a primary residence, while the others are used to generate rental income and profits through price appreciation. So yes a house can be an investment. Although an investment generally is something that generates income. Reed you might or might not know this but the biggest benefits to owning a home is tax breaks. The Internal Revenue Service lets homeowners deduct their mortgage interest, property taxes and some other expenses of home ownership. That can be ALOT of money saved.

The government is subsidizing your mortgage and property taxes.
    Although your home is not generating income it’s saving you income as a tax break.

Comment

were talking about realistic financial investments... not your "what if" bull****...

If I buy a computer for 50 bucks and sell it for 5 grand is that an investment?

In never-never land maybe.
      lmaoo .

Comment

Originally posted by Rizo The Great View Post
        ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?wtfffffffffff

what makes you think that **** is worth a thousand dollars more???

He added a Kitchen and a million extra bedrooms to the jetski... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
          Yeh but did you add a bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room and an Extra bedroom to the jetski before you sold it...?

lol
          lmfao.... im in tears right now... how do u add bathrooms to a yacht? maybe he pulls a smaller yacht behind him i cant handle this ****

Comment

now if you buy some beat to **** sail boat for 1000 bucks and completely re do the entire thing.. then yes thats an investment...

but were talking about luxury yachts, that do not need fixed up... your not adding bedrooms and bathrooms to boats...
            Reed, the i am trying to have a discussion with you not a argument.

You just agreed that I brought some for 1000 dollars and sell it for a higher price then it was a good investment.

So you just admited a boat is a good investment.

Which I listed when i first started giving examples.
            Boats
            Jewelery
            House
            Stocks

Are all good investments/Commodity. Because you can make money off of them. I see from now on I will talk to you in strict Technical Perfect spelling terms.

Because if I am 99.9 right on something, to you I am still 1 percent wrong.
            Last edited by Horus; 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mas Puto View Post
              reed a house can be an investment in almost any state you buy it in. A person's home is their biggest asset (millionaires excluded). The market might not be good right now, but as you know it will go up and the best time to get into investments are in a bad market, houses stocks whatever. Just like anything you purchase you always want to buy it at lowest costs.

Maybe you've heard the term "investment Real Estate" Real estate that generates income or is otherwise intended for investment purposes rather than as a primary residence. It is common for investors to own multiple pieces of real estate, one of which serves as a primary residence, while the others are used to generate rental income and profits through price appreciation. So yes a house can be an investment. Although an investment generally is something that generates income. Reed you might or might not know this but the biggest benefits to owning a home is tax breaks. The Internal Revenue Service lets homeowners deduct their mortgage interest, property taxes and some other expenses of home ownership. That can be ALOT of money saved.

The government is subsidizing your mortgage and property taxes.
              Although your home is not generating income it’s saving you income as a tax break.
              your quoting a reply i made to a boat.. not a house... im aware a house is an investment... although, not so much right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
                He added a Kitchen and a million extra bedrooms to the jetski... lol
                lmaoooo

he can probably add some stickers and jack the price up

Comment

lets make a pact, to never ever let Horus forget this thread or this stupid post... This **** should live on for generations... lol

Comment

lmfao.... im in tears right now... how do u add bathrooms to a yacht? maybe he pulls a smaller yacht behind him i cant handle this ****
                    i was thinking of him pulling a couple porta-pottys behind the yacht

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                      Reed, the i am trying to have a discussion with you not a argument.

You just agreed that I brought some for 1000 dollars and sell it for a higher price then it was a good investment.

So you just admited a boat is a good investment.

Which I listed when i first started giving examples.
                      Boats
                      Jewelery
                      House
                      Stocks

Are all good investments/Commodity. Because you can make money off of them. I see from now on I will talk to you in strict Technical Prefect spelling terms.

Because if I am 99.9 right on something, to you I am still 1 percent wrong.

Boats are not a good investment...

The stock market is also not the place i would be running to either.

Comment

Working...
                      X