Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone explain to Horus, a boat is not an investment.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    well you just said it was an investment.

If you buy something that depreciates, its not an investment.
    floyd is going broke, you heard it here first

Comment

For the record i've made about £200,000 profit from houses in the last 8 years, presently £150,000 is sat in the bank waiting for the market to bottom out before i start again. not bad from a £40,000 starting investment if i do say so myself.

Comment

Obviously you are unaware of the definition of an investment.
        LMAO! I thought the same exact thing once i read his post!

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
          For the record i've made about £200,000 profit from houses in the last 8 years, presently £150,000 is sat in the bank waiting for the market to bottom out before i start again. not bad from a £40,000 starting investment if i do say so myself.
          thats why i said in this recession its not an investment... unless u buy a foreclosure... then it is... but u wont get you rmoney back for awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
            You dont think a Yacht is a good commodity?

A investment to me is something that you can make money off of in the future.
            If I buy a house for $150,000

If I work on and improve that House I can sell it for $400,000

If I buy a Yacht for 5 Million Dollars...I can work on and improve that boat and sell it for 7 million dollars.

If I brought a Yacht and it had 1 bathroom and 1 bedroomwhen i brought it., and while I had the yacht I add 3 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms.

you dont think it is worth more now, then when i first brought it??

A boat is a good investment and a great commodity
            I doubt Floyd is into refubishing his house and boat, I think he is going to USE them. I assume he bought a VERY expensive boat any sort of work you do on a boat like that will proberbly make the value go down. Unless it's purely aestetic, I don't think you can just add things to a boats otherwise it may affect its form on the water.

Comment

im still laughin my ass off how horus is adding 2 bedrooms and a bathroom to a yacht...

LOL i cant even fathom that thinking.

Comment

im still laughin my ass off how horus is adding 2 bedrooms and a bathroom to a yacht...

LOL i cant even fathom that thinking.
                Why cant you fathom it? Scott Storch did a similar thing and like an idiot he still didnt pay his taxes, I swear I wanna talk with these wealthy people to see why there so stupid on important things

Comment

LOL now you can just add bedrooms and bathrooms to yachts

hey HORUS... if you buy a 5million dollar yacht.. chances are... its not a fixer upper
                  Without getting into a flame war with you.

The point is this.

If I brought the boat for 5 million and sell it for 7 million was that not a good investment for me to buy that boat.?

Comment

The point is this.

If I brought the boat for 5 million and sell it for 7 million was that not a good investment for me to buy that boat.?

Is Floyd selling his boat?

Comment

The point is this.

The point is this... your not buying a boat for 5 million and selling it for 7 million.

just like im not buying a new dodge ram for 40 grand and selling it for 60 grand.

Comment

Working...
                      X