Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you rank Larry Holmes above Rocky Marciano?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    1) stupid because it can be true. face it, people mock mays resume. some even suggest that rockys resume is better. switch their complexions and youd get the may with the superior resume. its a fact that no one wants to take ownership of.

2) key word...''twilight''. each and everyone of his best wins. other key word....''had''.

3) rocky was not difficult to hit vs guys his own size. smart guys like homles would 100000000 % toy with rocky. his 10'' reach advantage + speed + boxing ability + power.......i cant see rocky getting close enough without larry tying him up for his troubles has rocky ever fought a guy with larrys reach ?!?!?

4) unless rocky ever fought, much less beat, a skilled guy with a long reach, it makes pure sense to say rocky wouldnt know what to do with a guy with long arms. should i add in ''prime'' ????
    Can be true? Twilight indeed, that point was addressed in the post. you have probably not looked at footage carefully...Rocky was not hit flush very often, he had a methods to avoid getting sparked and hit directly...there are tapes that break down and show you this process, here in this very section! But easier to just sprout off I guess. I mean one could perhaps LOOK at the methods and crtisize them, but I doubt you even have seen how Marciano operates!

yes it does not stop you from having an opinion now does it? and By the way marciano fought guys with reach...Marciano virtually always operated at a disadvantage regarding reach!!

Your not a logical human being, you are just sprouting off opinions. To Hank Armstrong and Marciano EVERY body they fought had superior reach, do you realize that? probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Can be true? Twilight indeed, that point was addressed in the post. you have probably not looked at footage carefully...Rocky was not hit flush very often, he had a methods to avoid getting sparked and hit directly...there are tapes that break down and show you this process, here in this very section! But easier to just sprout off I guess. I mean one could perhaps LOOK at the methods and crtisize them, but I doubt you even have seen how Marciano operates!

yes it does not stop you from having an opinion now does it? and By the way marciano fought guys with reach...Marciano virtually always operated at a disadvantage regarding reach!!

Your not a logical human being, you are just sprouting off opinions. To Hank Armstrong and Marciano EVERY body they fought had superior reach, do you realize that? probably not.
      1) not very often ??!?! he almost insisted you hit him. his movements were predictable AF. if you want to show video clips of rocky defensive prowess, id love to see it.

2) ''with reach''....wow, didnt know that. what was his biggest reach disadvantage ?!?!?!?

3) im only discussing rocky here. rocky never fought a guy like larry, a complete boxer. a PRIME larry....omg

Comment

1) not very often ??!?! he almost insisted you hit him. his movements were predictable AF. if you want to show video clips of rocky defensive prowess, id love to see it.

2) ''with reach''....wow, didnt know that. what was his biggest reach disadvantage ?!?!?!?

3) im only discussing rocky here. rocky never fought a guy like larry, a complete boxer. a PRIME larry....omg
        Listen your an idiot. If not I would be glad to show you that video,and a few more... But if you would rather sprout off without looking at people who have looked at the subject more carefully guess what? Its my perogative whether to "show you" or not and I choose not.

Ive said everything I have to say If you can't be bothered don't ask me to do your research for you.

BTW snakes have no arms, so they have a bad reach problem...they compensate. Rocky marciano had to compensate for faulty reach from the beginning. He fought in a style where his lack of reach was not an issue. So did Armstrong, the guy many consider the best! Not as many as Robinson, but the second most boxing experts usually choose Hank if not Robinson and he is usually number two.

So stay a dunce by all means.

Comment

Listen your an idiot. If not I would be glad to show you that video,and a few more...
          listen, not a video in sight....

Comment

listen, not a video in sight....
            Youve just been owned...You can thank me later BTW. You will see a new thread so I guess... I do rock after all. Again thank me later, its the teacher in me I can't stand the sight, smell and taste of ignorance... So as much as part of me wants to let an intellectually lazy troll like you be, the other altruistic part says "the information is out there, come on brother!"

Comment

Youve just been owned...You can thank me later BTW. You will see a new thread so I guess... I do rock after all. Again thank me later, its the teacher in me I can't stand the sight, smell and taste of ignorance... So as much as part of me wants to let an intellectually lazy troll like you be, the other altruistic part says "the information is out there, come on brother!"
              soooooooooooooooooo......no video of rocky displaying his defensive skills then ?

bummer

Comment

he did his 0 with less weapons doe
                And a biased ref.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b0yHvw-vW0

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    And a biased ref.
                    that too. pillow ''punchers'' need all the help they can get.

Comment

soooooooooooooooooo......no video of rocky displaying his defensive skills then ?

bummer
                      Look on the site at threads and you will not see one video you will see 3 videos that have just been put up in a new thread. Your too stupid to check I forgot. the operative word is "new thread"

Comment

Working...
                      X