No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Spoke To Arum About Miguel Cotto Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
    Same Marquez that knocked pacquiao the fck out when everybody thought the opposite would happen. Same Pacquiao that destroyed Cotto when he was only past his prime.
    Bro that was 5 years ago

Comment

anything above 147 cotto has the advantage,jmm is just too small,too old and inactive..why does cotto want someone like that?..the only reason is it brings money,thats really the only reason why he would fight him

Comment

I doubt these two divas will fight. They'll be fighting over what weigh, where, when, etc, etc.

Comment

Same Marquez that knocked pacquiao the fck out when everybody thought the opposite would happen. Same Pacquiao that destroyed Cotto when he was only past his prime.
          Duran beat Leonard who beat Hearns who knocked the F-out of Duran who put up a good fight against Hagler who knocked the F-out of Hearns. Foreman killed Frazier and Norton, both of whom beat Ali who beat Foreman. In boxing, A can be greater than B who can be greater than C, but that doesn't mean that A is greater than C. It's not just a cliche: styles still make fights.

Marquez is a great fighter who sometimes gets caught by average fighters...like Katsidis, Alvarado, etc. Doesn't mean that Marquez has Katsidis problems or Alvarado problems. Doesn't mean that Marquez is not great.

So Marquez knocked the F out of Pacqiuao who beat the crap out of Cotto. Cotto is still too much for Marquez. Unlike Pacquiao in the fourth fight vs. JMM, Cotto will fight a disciplined fight behind the jab and will batter Marquez into submission.
          Last edited by bigjer88; 02-12-2017, 06:32 PM. Reason: More thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Dream style match-up but it doesn't make sense now. Marquez is retired and at his limit at 147. I don't think he should even fight full sized welters like Thurman, Brook, or Spence.

Cotto is now comfortable at 154 and was able to trade with Canelo. Surely he's too big for Marquez now.
            Yep, JMM will want 147 and I doubt Cotto will go below 149 bottom line.

I think Cotto if he is not drained will stop JMM at this stage of the game, Team Marquez will be squeezing the weight like a lemon, I hate fights that depend on weight so much as this fight does, they too far apart now you gotta drain one guy or blow up the up the other, its not a fair fight no matter how its made.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
              Duran beat Leonard who beat Hearns who knocked the F-out of Duran who put up a good fight against Hagler who knocked the F-out of Hearns. Foreman killed Frazier and Norton, both of whom beat Ali who beat Foreman. In boxing, A can be greater than B who can be greater than C, but that doesn't mean that A is greater than C. It's not just a cliche: styles still make fights.

Marquez is a great fighter who sometimes gets caught by average fighters...like Katsidis, Alvarado, etc. Doesn't mean that Marquez has Katsidis problems or Alvarado problems. Doesn't mean that Marquez is not great.

So Marquez knocked the F out of Pacqiuao who beat the crap out of Cotto. Cotto is still too much for Marquez. Unlike Pacquiao in the fourth fight vs. JMM, Cotto will fight a disciplined fight behind the jab and will batter Marquez into submission.
              Good post. I see your point.
              At this point the fight will only be competitive depending a lot on Marquez's knees and how much stamina he has in the tank.

Comment

Good post. I see your point.
                At this point the fight will only be competitive depending a lot on Marquez's knees and how much stamina he has in the tank.
                Agree. Marquez needs a tune-up fight against light opposition to test his body and to shake off the ring rust before he makes a final decision on whether to face Cotto. In truth, I don't think the fight will happen for either of the following reasons: (1) Marquez won't look or feel good in the tune-up, due to knee injuries or otherwise, and will retire after it...or, (2) Marquez will look good in the tune-up but, at 43, will not be able to recover quickly enough to fight Cotto before the end of 2017.

IMHO, at this point, both guys just need a tune up so they can see where they are and size up what is best for them in the little time they have left.

Comment

Can someone let GMan(***)Supreme that he is A PHAKING MORON!
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                    Can someone let GMan(***)Supreme that he is A PHAKING MORON!
                    Thanks
                    you punk ass sandal wearing b1tch marquez is promoted by zanfer not arum.my point still stands.

Comment

Arum has to force his hand, "you must fight Pacquiao first in order to get Cotto, or your family will be in danger". Seriously. He needs to use this to his advantage, Pacquiao deserves that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X