Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mayweather is not an International Superstar" Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather is Famous Globally Full Stop. All you have to do to be famous is know their name. You don't have to be a fan He's been on countless tours and ppl flock to see him. U.K., Australia, Mexico, philpines, you forgot huge crowds of Russia last year already?

Marquez on of best of Mexico talks about maywather all the time, are you telling me they don't know mayweathers name?
    Same for pacquaio,
    Sports news channels in representative countries all probably covered stories on Mayweather, I've seen a few on YouTube.
    You can hate floyd still don't change fact you know who he is.
    Will you watch him again to hope he losses?

Comment

He's right. Unless you're a hardcore boxing fan, nobody outside the US has a clue who mayweather is. Pacquiao, on the other hand, is a perfect example of an international superstar.

Comment

Mayweather is the bigger name but McGregor is the hotter thing right now.Floyd has the biggest social media following of any fighter active or retired and that includes McGegor. Floyd has sold more pay per views, had generated more money, and was the highest paid entertainer in the world in 2015.

There is no way McGregor is bigger. Think about it this way. If McGregor retired last year would we be talking about him as much as we are still talking about Floyd who has been retired nearly two years now?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Maybe the people viewing Mayweather account don't like him as much as the ones viewing McGregors like McGregor. DERP DERP.

Does that mean McGregor is more well known and gathers more interest. NO.

Are you going to claim Mayweather is paying off Instagram?
          If they don't like him as much, does that mean McGregor is more popular?

Yes you absolute doink - That's literally what it means

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He's just a fan of McGregor. I get it, that's how flavours of the month work. He's big at the moment.

Question is for how long? It's only a matter of time before he falls into obscurity. We just watched this same movie with Ronda Rousey.

Floyd's was a big star for a long time man, he was the world's highest earning sports star for quite a few years right? Top 5 for a long time. What's McGregor? #40 or something?
            Let's just make it clear, this isn't about money or nothing.

It's about popularity, and McGregor's current popularity exceeds anything mayweather has experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Yes and then I specified latest instagram posts before saying McGregor nearly cracks a million likes on every post.

read again

Ok I will check last three videos:

Mayweather: 713k, 1.5m, 4.2m (Mcgregor video)
              McGregor: 1.4m, 2.5m, 1.3m.

The only video Mayweather showed solid + numbers in was a McGregor video. hahaha says it all.

He has a lot of videos with 200k views. For a profile that has 14m followers, that seems kinda weird no?
              So out of the 6 Videos Mayweather had the top 2 most viewed. But You said McGregor has 10x the interest.

Proved yourself wrong.
              Unbelievable. LacedUp HAS to be trolling.

Comment

If they don't like him as much, does that mean McGregor is more popular?

Yes you absolute doink - That's literally what it means
                Let's just make it clear, this isn't about money or nothing.

It's about popularity, and McGregor's current popularity exceeds anything mayweather has experienced.
                Or so now it's changed from being bigger/well known to who is liked more?

Take you L.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  So McGregor doesn't buy followers?

McGregor gets more "interaction" now because he's flavour of the month.

You say "a good few years" yet the video I referred to earlier was just one year ago.

Mayweather has higher numbers in every catergory

McGregor has eclipsed Mayweather in 3 years? There is nothing to base that on other than he gets more likes on his photos than a retired boxer
                  I don't know. But his ratio is a helluva lot more believable than Mayweathers.

He's not flavour of the month. He did 1.4 million PPV buys in 2015. Was in the national press since 2013 on the weekly. He's been popular for year.

Well that's exactly what we are discussing. I haven't said he made more money or he's a better fighter?

His popularity has exceeded Mayweather's, there's absolutely no doubt about it.

But that also comes down to Mayweather never really being that popular on his own and never really having anything interesting to bring to the table.

Comment

Or so now it's changed from being bigger/well known to who is liked more?

Take you L.
                    No it comes down to who was an international superstar i.e. international popularity.

You have provided nothing, so I don't see why I have to take an "L".

Just because you say: "take your L" doesn't actually mean that you have won the debate.

You know that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      Unbelievable. LacedUp HAS to be trolling.
                      Why would I be trolling?

McGregor is clearly more popular and known more than Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X