No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. in Talks For May 6 - at 165-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    This is actually a really fun fight but what about February? I would rather see Canelo-Lemieux at actual 160, to gauge Canelo as a middleweight. The other issue is Canelo is supposed to fight GGG, not Chavez Jr five pounds heavier. Why not just fight GGG first? Let Chavez get a good win at 168 first, and Canelo-Chavez will still be there even if Canelo loses to GGG.

But whatever. If Canelo goes Chavez in May, GGG in September, that's a decent year after last year. I mean it's great to fight GGG but since it's two years late, can't give credit. But that's decent.

For Canelo to really win back fans after this disastrous year, I want to see Canelo-Lemieux in Feburary, Canelo-Chavez in May, Canelo-GGG in September.

oh lordie

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      I like poster defending this fight. It seems they like to see the best fight the best fight.

"Im not middleweight yet" - Canelo, not to fight GGG.

Willing to fight at 165 for Chavez jr.- Canelo

It doesnt matter if GGG doesnt get any of these two. If he fight Jacobs we true fans are greatful #1 vs # 2 Middleweights.
      Love him or hate him, Chavez Jr has faced better competition than GGG. Hell, he almost got the #3 p4p out of there in the 12th. Beating Canelo would Lazarus his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        We've been talking about this fight for 6+ years...I really hope it happens.
        6 years ago, Canelo was 19yo and fighting at welter..... ooops, I mean.... at 150

that fight has only realistically been discussed since Cotto/Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          6 years ago, Canelo was 19yo and fighting at welter..... ooops, I mean.... at 150

that fight has only realistically been discussed since Cotto/Canelo
          Right when Canelo was fighting Ricky Hatton's brother was like 10/11 and the Canelo-Chavez Jr threads started appearing then.

Comment

Originally posted by megabandp View Post
            Canelo is not the one holding up the fight, GGG has a contract in front of him that would pay him twice he's ever made in a fight (10 million) plus ppv upside GGG refuses to sign it. You can't force a guy to sign a contract. I'm just happy we have a superfight in the works with 2 guys who will come to fight.
            A contract for when? Canelo sent GGG a contract to fight next, or for September 2017?
            Some of the dumbest mother****ers on the planet in here lol

Comment

Saul is hitting f@ggotry levels that shouldn't even be possible

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Love him or hate him, Chavez Jr has faced better competition than GGG. Hell, he almost got the #3 p4p out of there in the 12th. Beating Canelo would Lazarus his career.
                Yet another guy with a better resume that refused to fight the hypejob for great money

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Golovkin can simply sign the contract to fight Canelo at 160

Canelo conceded on the weight, because Mr 154-168 refused

..... which is fkn bizarre
                  Why should GGG move down to Canelo weight? Clearly making 160 is not an issue for Canelo if he's willing to take on JCC at 165.

The belt is at 160 just in case you forgot.

Comment

It will be funny as f*** if Canelo wins and then makes everyone at 160 fight him at 165!

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      He can't make the weight healthily.

And Chavez Jr is a complete bum. Canelo smokes him size difference or not, healthy Chavez or not.
                      With Memo on the team he'll make 165 just fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X