Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
    ^This. Trashing a fighter for nor pursuing superhero antics is just pathetic haterism. I like Sergio far more than Floyd but I'll completely defend Floyd on not taking this at 160. It would be beyond stupid.
    LOL.

you must rank fighters who jumped more weight divisions than floyd greater? NO?

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
      He's creating his own unique legacy, you have to understand that the '0' is worth more than any amount of money or whatsoever.
      LOL "creating his own UNIQUE legacy. No argument from me. LOL

Comment

mayweather at 160 thats ridiculous. i can hear it now if he wins he was on steroids or if they fought at 154 sergio would be weight drained you cant tell me im wrong. your hate for floyd is kinda weird

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
          LOL.

Maybe but not necessarily. Some fighters have a style, or certain attributes, more suited to moving up more classes. It's like when HBO was trying to talk Pea into moving up to face Roy Jones. Did his laughing it off make him lesser? Of course not.

Comment

LOL "creating his own UNIQUE legacy. No argument from me. LOL
            He's not an idiot, undefeated and creating the most wealth by taking out the middle man in promotion etc. He just plays the game better than everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              It makes sense if Mayweather wanted to try it. If he doesn't, it's no big deal. At 36, a move to Middleweight, given a steady drop in punch output, is a recipe for disaster.
              Duran was successful, why cant floyd try it? Being a much more defensive fighter actually helps him? No? Its not like Sergio is a massive Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                He's not an idiot, undefeated and creating the most wealth by taking out the middle man in promotion etc. He just plays the game better than everyone else.
                So fighters daring to be great isnt floyds thing. Fine with me, as long as he knows his place ATG wise. which is a couple of notch below joe calazaghe.

Comment

The 0 is pretty damn important, The only reason Joe Calzaghe is considered a legend is because of 0, if you look at his joke for a resume he doesnt even belong in the HOF let alone being called a legend. Ward and Froch are already both head and shoulders above his resume and theyve both got 5years+ left
                  So for a guy like Mayweather if he keeps the 0 he will forever be in peoples top10 all time p4p, if he loses he will never ever be what he would be with his 0, regardless of what he accomplishes that 0 is everything for his legacy down to the unfortunate state of uneducated boxing fans

Comment

something tells me the name your using changed from pac man to martinez about 2 weeks ago. who is next? seriously who is the next fighter you would try to make floyd look scarred of?

Comment

LOL.

I don't share your playing card view of boxing. It's not an equation. Not black and while. You have to know a bit about the art and be able to navigate the gray areas.

Comment

Working...
                      X