Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham - Four Years Too Late, or Right on Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham - Four Years Too Late, or Right on Time?

Four years is a long time to wait for anything. In boxing terms, it might as well be 40.

For now, that doesn’t matter to Steve Cunningham, who finally gets the rematch with Tomasz Adamek that he’s asked for since the final decision was rendered in their 2008 war in Newark, New Jersey. Will it matter on fight night in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania this Saturday, when the two revisit matters on network television, courtesy of NBC?

That’s the question for the 36-year-old Philadelphian, one of boxing’s good guys who hasn’t been paid the same courtesy back by a sport where slick and technical boxers don’t get the acclaim or opportunities that brawlers like Adamek do.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love this article...proper read ....I got a lil' choked up reading that...Adamek did indeed dodge Steve for like 4 yrs....I remember seeing Steve at the Adamek-Banks fight and expecting Adamek to fight him next...but he didn't.....with Sauerland having the top cruisers under contract, I felt like it was a good move for Steve to roll with them to get those fights...but it didn't work out the way I thought

Haye didn't want it at cruiser...Huck would NEVER take the rematch and it took Adamek 4 years to man up and walk the dogs...WAR USS

Comment

War Cunningham!!! Been waiting so long for this rematch, first fight was great. Very happy for Steve that this fight came through, time to show these dudes what's up Steve!!

Comment

**** Adamek for not taking step back in his carrer and fight a fight in which he can gain nothing and lose everything, **** him for purusing bigger dream(HW championship) All of sudden Adamek is the bad guy. Cunningham is very likeable, to bad he is getting stopped.

Comment

Steve's taken a step back the past few years & Adamek holds the xtra wt better...will b a good match the first half, Adamek controls while he waits 3 the title shot he'll lose by tko...

Comment

Adamek wins inside 7,Cunningham wasn't a great cruiser,Adamek is a naturalised heavy now with power and speed,Steve is in a world of hurt Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHaye'sToe View Post
              Adamek wins inside 7,Cunningham wasn't a great cruiser,Adamek is a naturalised heavy now with power and speed,Steve is in a world of hurt Saturday night.
              you don't think Adamek is taxed?!?...I think he's had to take more punches than Steve since their '08 scrap....I picked Steve to win a decision..deep down I honestly believe its a 50/50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                I love this article...proper read ....I got a lil' choked up reading that...Adamek did indeed dodge Steve for like 4 yrs....I remember seeing Steve at the Adamek-Banks fight and expecting Adamek to fight him next...but he didn't.....with Sauerland having the top cruisers under contract, I felt like it was a good move for Steve to roll with them to get those fights...but it didn't work out the way I thought

Haye didn't want it at cruiser...Huck would NEVER take the rematch and it took Adamek 4 years to man up and walk the dogs...WAR USS
                why is it ducking when fighter A has beaten fighter B, fighter B did little to prove he deserved a rematch, and fighter A and B aren't even fighting in the same division for the majority of those four years?

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                  why is it ducking when fighter A has beaten fighter B, fighter B did little to prove he deserved a rematch, and fighter A and B aren't even fighting in the same division for the majority of those four years?
                  if fighter B was the champion and lost his belt via SD after being down 3 times in a fight that we all can agree was one of the best fights the division has ever offered...why wouldn't fighter A wanna give fighter B a chance at redemption...its the honorable thing to do...the warrior code!!

fighter B was coming off of 1 year lay off...the knockdowns came in rounds he was winning...I think 2 came in the last 20 seconds of the round....watch the fight and tell me if you don't think it deserved an immediate rematch...I think it did

Comment

I had high expectations for Cunningham circa 2006 and thought he would go on to great things. He seems like a really cool dude, very humble, always in great shape, never turned down a fight.

I think Adamek will just be too much for him though. Close fight, hard to pick a winner but I'll go with Adamek via UD. Unless Steve utterly obliterates him via KO or destroys him for every round, any decision will go in Adamek's favor.

Comment

Working...
                    X