No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Talks Groves, Flintoff, Haye, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Talks Groves, Flintoff, Haye, More

SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT is one of boxing’s newer divisions but it has proved a fertile hunting ground for British talent.

Since the 12-stone class was added in 1984, we have delivered 10 world champions.

And I expect current Commonwealth king George Groves to soon join an impressive roster that includes Benn, Eubank, Collins, Calzaghe and Froch.

The 24-year-old from Hammersmith is a former two-time ABA champion and has already bagged British and Commonwealth titles while running up an impressive 15-fight unbeaten slate in the pros. [Click Here To Read More]

If managed correctlly Groves could become #1 in the World @ 168Lb. He would however lose my respect if he was to go down the WBO road instead of biding his time & waiting his turn to challenge for the genuine article. The fact that he's fought in Germany & the USA is good & hopefully he continues taking fights abroad, I'd actually like to see him defend his Commonwealth title in Africa, Australia & Canada. Groves/Anderson II would also be nice to see, if only to return the Lonsdale belt to England!.

Comment

Steve Collins is Irish you bug eyed prick!

Comment

i completley forgot Groves was fighting the road warrior tonight.

By the way Warren was talking there, im not gonna be surprised to see a British stoppage win for Groves. Johnson will be standing throwing back unhurt, behind on the cards and the ref will jump in to "save" him

Or maybe im being a bit cynical

Comment

Wow. I knew Warren was a **** but this is just stupid. He did nothing but slag Groves off before he signed him. Now this whole article is just worded to piss off DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            i completley forgot Groves was fighting the road warrior tonight.
            Groves is next week, Degale tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by deadbeat hero View Post
              Groves is next week, Degale tonight.
              ffs. what makes it even dumber is i wasnt confusing it with the de gale fight, i was mixing it up with darren barker who is on sky tonight along with magee. Groves isnt even on sky anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                If managed correctlly Groves could become #1 in the World @ 168Lb. He would however lose my respect if he was to go down the WBO road instead of biding his time & waiting his turn to challenge for the genuine article. The fact that he's fought in Germany & the USA is good & hopefully he continues taking fights abroad, I'd actually like to see him defend his Commonwealth title in Africa, Australia & Canada. Groves/Anderson II would also be nice to see, if only to return the Lonsdale belt to England!.
                What do you believe the genuine article to be?

Comment

Working...
                X