Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Martinez bring to the table against Floyd or Pac at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other then his #3 P4P Ranking...NOTHING!

is he to blame? Not really because he ran through what was thought to be the Top Fighters at 154 and 160 at the time (Paul Williams and Kelly Pavlik)

as for DiBella, it is easy to say what he is "NOT DOING AS A PROMOTER"...but if you think about it...WHAT MORE CAN HE DO? He can't force Chavez Jr to fight Martinez

and lets be honest, the more I watch that fight yesterday, Martinez really did not look at that bad, I think Merchant and HBO Broadcast has really influence some people to start HATING MARTINEZ which is just pathetic to me

Yes he has his Flaws and Holes in his game that can be exposes by a good Boxer with some SPEED...but at the same time MAKE NOT MISTAKE, it is not many fighters at 154-160 that can BEAT MARTINEZ!

Comment

He brings speed ands size and very good boxing intuition , at 154 Floyd has a chance to win a UD because it would be a chess match , Pac has no chance , at 154 Sergio would stop Pac rather easy , below 154 is just a weight drained Sergio so beating him there is a feather only in the promoters hat , Sergio at 150 would be like 145 ODH .

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I'd like to know how you seriously believe that Pacman can beat Martinez.
        I think it's a fight he can win. No doubt.

Does Martinez bring problems? He sure does. He brings alot of problems.

He's bigger, fast, good footwork, power, skills etc.

On the flipside, Pac may be the fastest fighter he'll have faced. He's there to be hit, Pac could land shots on him. I think It'd be a great fight.

I'd probably lean on Martinez but I won't say Pac has no chance. He's too good for that, IMO.

They're 2 of the Top 5 fighters in the world right now. I'd love to see them fight.

Same goes for Mayweather?

Is it a big risk? Absolutely. But that's what greatness is about.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I think it's a fight he can win. No doubt.

Does Martinez bring problems? He sure does. He brings alot of problems.

He's bigger, fast, good footwork, power, skills etc.

On the flipside, Pac may be the fastest fighter he'll have faced. He's there to be hit, Pac could land shots on him. I think It'd be a great fight.

I'd probably lean on Martinez but I won't say Pac has no chance. He's too good for that, IMO.

They're 2 of the Top 5 fighters in the world right now. I'd love to see them fight.

Same goes for Mayweather?

Is it a big risk? Absolutely. But that's what greatness is about.
          You have no idea how much these CWs have helped Pac , look at the trouble he has with JMM and and old shot Mosley frustrated him with a little skill and you think he will give a MW that is nearly as fast and fluid a boxer as Mayweather a hard time , GTFOH Pac gets owned and KOed by Sergio .

Comment

Martinez brings a threat that other fighters around 47-54 just don't. The problem is only we, the hardcore boxing fans, understand that threat. The casual fan doesn't, and the public demand doesn't match the risk, which is why the fight isn't happening.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that one of these guys deviates from the norm and takes the fight. I'd understand if they didn't, though it'd suck, but I'm hoping Floyd will give that to us if the Manny fight can't be made. We all know everything Manny goes through Bob and if he won't let Sergio touch Chavez, no way in hell does he let him near Manny. I think Floyd will fight him sometime next year, I really do. Outside of Manny, Floyd's options are slim in the way that he'll have to sell the fight to the casual fan with his name and his antics. If it ain't Manny, it's Canelo then no one. If Floyd continues to fight, he has no one outside of Martinez at 154 that would soup up the public or us. Floyd-Sergio happens in May 2013 if Floyd-Manny doesn't.
            Last edited by bMak; 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X