No announcement yet.

US House reTHUGlicans vote to stop funding for Planned Parenthood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Seeing as how they perform more than 300 thousand abortions at 500 bucks a piece every year, I think they'll survive. Interesting to see people that are so for policies that require massive population growth to fund them, but are so vehemently opposed to restrictions on abortions.

My views on abortion are as follows: definitely no third term abortions, as babies under 6 months old have survived outside of the womb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...fee-birth.html

Never prohibit people from having an abortion after being raped, or if their child is found to have a serious genetic defect. Other than that, I don't really care one way or the other.

And I'm pretty sure another organization worthy of gov funding will rise up to take the place of Planned Parenthood's beneficial programs.

Lol at Rethuglicans, after two years of essentially one party rule where the President told Repubs to get in the back and shut up, while he spent like a madman, adding 200K gov jobs when he should've been cutting them, added entitlements, raised taxes, and never once took responsibility, for anything.
    Bad move using an article from the Daily Mail, regardless of what it's saying. Interestingly enough this baby survived due to huge advances in medical science resulting from research that is also on the list of things that the Republican house wants to stop funding.

But in any case, no third trimester abortions? What if it's medically necessary (as almost all late term abortions are) to save the life of the mother, and the alternative is that they both die? Do your arbitrary rules still apply?

Comment

abortion is a form of contraception for the English

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
        abortion is a form of contraception for the English
        Sheep are a form of contraception for the Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Oh dear, you're a silly person who thinks that they're a libertarian, largely because you've never given it much thought. So roads, the electric grid, railways, defense, policing, hospitals, the fire department, clean water, sanitation, the legislature and scientific research all fall out of the sky as a gift from Uncle Sam do they?
          No, I don't pretend legal monopolies will solve any problems as I know they won't. In your mythical utopia unless a few people are given a legal violent monopoly over a certain piece of land this will solve more problems than it creates. That hasn't worked for those people being ruled over in the history of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Sheep are a form of contraception for the Welsh.
            Sheep?

That is a new angle to attack the Welsh. 10/10 for originality

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
              Sheep?

That is a new angle to attack the Welsh. 10/10 for originality

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                No, I don't pretend legal monopolies will solve any problems as I know they won't. In your mythical utopia unless a few people are given a legal violent monopoly over a certain piece of land this will solve more problems than it creates. That hasn't worked for those people being ruled over in the history of the world.
                You didn't answer his question.

Who pays for the Roads that you probably use every day to drive your car?

Some taxing is needed. I would just change the way we go about taxing people.

Personally I'm in favor of the right to opt out of Social Security, if you don't plan on using it. Especially since it's not gonna be there anyway for those still 30 years away from the retirement age.

I'd do away with generic State Tax, Federal Tax, that can be used for almost anything and apply specific taxes like a

Infrastructure Tax - which could ONLY be used for that purpose. Things like renewing roads, building new ones, railways etc,. This would be MANDATORY, since we all share it, use it.

Police Dept. Tax on a state level -
                whatever revenue they get can only be used for all things Police. This would be mandatory as we all share the problem of Crimes being committed and need people to prevent crime as well OR investigate a crime.

Fire Dept. Tax -
                you can opt out of this, BUT if your House is on fire and you opted out, YOUR HOUSE BURNS. If the Fire spreads to the neighbors house and they do pay Fire Dept. Tax, the Department puts their fire out, NOT YOURS. I'd only make the Fire Dept. Tax mandatory in places like California, where the Forrest fires are a problem for everybody.

Hell we can even go further, going back to the Public Roads topic. You can opt out of funding new Roads being built, or old ones being fixed but you lose your right to use Public Roads in that State. Which means you don't have a right to own a car.

A Opt in or out Public Option Health Insurance -
                Not an actual Tax but if you wanna buy Insurance from Government instead of a Private Company (which I would OPT in to), you simply pay once a month bill like you would with any other Bill. This wouldn't be a burden Tax payers would share together like the mentioned above, it would be Individual specific. The additional revenue for this would come from a Marijuana-Cocaine-Heroin Tax. You end the War on Drugs, start Taxing Marijuana, Cocaine and Heroin specifically, and the revenue from that goes into funding the Govt. Health Insurance, which again you OPT IN OR OUT OF on a individual basis. The Revenue for this is the people who choose to pay for it, and the Drug Tax mentioned before.

In conclusion, everything that isn't Tax specific like mentioned above, gets abolished. If you want to use Citizen's taxes on funding Abortion just for example, then you have to introduce a Abortion Tax - which should be OPTIONAL. If only 10 people agree to pay that tax, than that means you can only use the revenue generated from those 10 people, no spending above that or using money from other Taxes, which creates DEFICIT PROBLEMS.

Extra suggestion, plenty of examples like this:

Foreign Aid Tax -
                Introduce it as OPTIONAL. Whoever wants to pay this tax, pays it. And whatever revenue generated, can be used. If nobody pays this tax, then Foreign countries get ZILCH.

Last edited by cupocity303; 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                  You didn't answer his question.

Who pays for the Roads that you probably use every day to drive your car?

Some taxing is needed. I would just change the way we go about taxing people.

Personally I'm in favor of the right to opt out of Social Security, if you don't plan on using it. Especially since it's not gonna be there anyway for those still 30 years away from the retirement age.

I'd do away with generic State Tax, Federal Tax, that can be used for almost anything and apply specific taxes like a

Infrastructure Tax - which could ONLY be used for that purpose. Things like renewing roads, building new ones, railways etc,. This would be MANDATORY, since we all share it, use it.

Police Dept. Tax on a state level -
                  whatever revenue they get can only be used for all things Police. This would be mandatory as we all share the problem of Crimes being committed and need people to prevent crime as well OR investigate a crime.

Fire Dept. Tax -
                  you can opt out of this, BUT if your House is on fire and you opted out, YOUR HOUSE BURNS. If the Fire spreads to the neighbors house and they do pay Fire Dept. Tax, the Department puts their fire out, NOT YOURS. I'd only make the Fire Dept. Tax mandatory in places like California, where the Forrest fires are a problem for everybody.

Hell we can even go further, going back to the Public Roads topic. You can opt out of funding new Roads being built, or old ones being fixed but you lose your right to use Public Roads in that State. Which means you don't have a right to own a car.

A Opt in or out Public Option Health Insurance -
                  Not an actual Tax but if you wanna buy Insurance from Government instead of a Private Company (which I would OPT in to), you simply pay once a month bill like you would with any other Bill. This wouldn't be a burden Tax payers would share together like the mentioned above, it would be Individual specific. The additional revenue for this would come from a Marijuana-Cocaine-Heroin Tax. You end the War on Drugs, start Taxing Marijuana, Cocaine and Heroin specifically, and the revenue from that goes into funding the Govt. Health Insurance, which again you OPT IN OR OUT OF on a individual basis. The Revenue for this is the people who choose to pay for it, and the Drug Tax mentioned before.

In conclusion, everything that isn't Tax specific like mentioned above, gets abolished. If you want to use Citizen's taxes on funding Abortion just for example, then you have to introduce a Abortion Tax - which should be OPTIONAL. If only 10 people agree to pay that tax, than that means you can only use the revenue generated from those 10 people, no spending above that or using money from other Taxes, which creates DEFICIT PROBLEMS.

Extra suggestion, plenty of examples like this:

Foreign Aid Tax -
                  Introduce it as OPTIONAL. Whoever wants to pay this tax, pays it. And whatever revenue generated, can be used. If nobody pays this tax, then Foreign countries get ZILCH.

Awesome post... agree with everything above.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                    Really? In my "mythical utopia"? In my "mythical utopia" in which people pay a percentage of their gross earnings into a central fund which is then redistributed in the form of services and safety nets? In my "mythical utopia" which is also known as "reality"?

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                      Awesome post... agree with everything above.
                      Thank You.

Perhaps I should've expanded on the Mandatory VS Optional Tax, if it's not clear.

Also the Sales Tax, we get rid of it. Yeah, it is specific as it covers sales, but it is not specific on what the Government will actually do with it. If there is specific explanation that Sales Tax will fund basic Defense spending, maybe.

IF no explanation for what it's specifically being used, then get rid of it.
                      Last edited by cupocity303; 02-19-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X