Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 11-22-2020, 11:11 PM #1

Quoted: 4500 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,102.53
Total Points: 129,116.46
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Anderson Silva addresses UFC release, states ‘desire to continue doing what I love’

UFC legend Anderson Silva has released a statement addressing his departure from the promotion he’s called home since 2006.

With one fight remaining, “The Spider” was officially released from his UFC contract earlier this week and is now a free agent. The news came three weeks after Silva suffered a fourth-round TKO loss to Uriah Hall at a UFC APEX show in Las Vegas on Oct. 31.

On Saturday, Silva, 45, released a statement via Instagram addressing his release and plans for the future.

(Translated from Portuguese)

“I didn’t want to talk about this subject especially because I’m on vacation but, as the saying goes, a deal is a deal. I’ll make it clear for all my fans that this is a moment of joy and a lot of gratitude. I feel free after they tried to force my retirement. I love and will always love what I do. Wins and losses are part of the game, it has absolutely nothing to do with age. I made technical flaws and lost but I haven’t lost what matters the most, which is my desire to continue doing what I love. I still got the warrior spirit and this fire in my heart still motivates me. I have no doubt that I’m capable of continuing competing in MMA. I’ll use this moment to reflect about my career and set my next steps. Stay tuned.”

According to Silva’s statement, it sounds as if he is planning to fight again. He wrote, “I made technical flaws and lost but I haven’t lost what matters the most, which is my desire to continue doing what I love.”

Shortly after Silva’s loss to Hall, UFC President Dana White said that he regretted booking Silva for another fight and he told TMZ that he thinks Silva should retire.

“I feel free after they tried to force my retirement,” Silva wrote in his statement.

In his 14-year run with the UFC, Silva compiled a 17-7 record (with a win over Nick Diaz overturned to a no contest when Silva tested positive for banned substances). He reigned as the promotion’s middleweight champion for six and a half years, winning his first 16 fights inside the octagon and claiming victories over the likes of Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Forrest Griffin, and Demian Maia among other notable names.

Prior to joining the UFC, Silva competed for England’s Cage Rage promotion and Japan’s PRIDE promotion.

He 1-7 with one no contest in his last nine outings.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:43 AM #2
Contender

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Ry92 is just really niceRy92 is just really niceRy92 is just really niceRy92 is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,614.39

Hes going to bellator, it fits there mo, get fighters that have a name but is done career wise usually older side ect that the ufc released cause wont winning anymore. Tito ortiz rampage jackson mitrione to name a few outside fedor. Bellator is where i go to build a name michael chandler ben askren or when u got name but career done. Rarely does it happen your in your prime and sign with bellator over ufc (gergard, phil davis and rory macdonald). Signing with bellator would be good for both them and silva if he wants 3 fights hell fight championship or big name . the way bellator structured silva can finally box roy jones jr. Also silva a big name bellator wants to grow itd be great for bellator to expand to brasil mma 2nd largest market after usa
Ry92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:18 PM #3
05-

Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,166.40
Total Points: 48,032.83
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Right. Well, this circus event of watching a legend take legacy damaging losses will continue then.
BKM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:27 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6683 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,166.40
Total Points: 151,697.62
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

He would likely make good money in BKFC.
Boxfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:54 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
DeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond reputeDeltaSigChi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 11,837.82
Stick it up your arse, left wing scum - Rocky... f@gg0t of the year - -MAKAVELLI- you've earned this - -MAKAVELLI- 

The first UFC (not MMA event, but UFC) I attended was 64, which was headlined by Rich Ace Franklin and Anderson Silva.
DeltaSigChi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:58 PM #6
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 23874 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,500,940.39
Total Points: 1,576,083.19
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback for giving back to the NSB community - SN!PER 

He loves getting his ass beat? Cuz thats all he's been doing lately.

I hope he retires. And it sounds like most of the orgs are passing on him so he might have a forced retirement or an embarrassing level of competition for low pay if he continues. Even BKFC said they weren't interested ffs. Thats not good for Silva if he's in a position where he needs money. I assume he can get paid teaching or coaching or something else in the MMA world besides the in the cage stuff if push comes to shove.

Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-27-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends