Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like good, quality punches, counters and slick moves. MMA does not provide that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushroom View Post

There just aren’t any elite fighters at LW other than him
      The LW division of the last 5ish years has been one of the biggest shark tanks in the sports history. Khabib is just that good.

Its like the LHW division a few years back when Jones was just on another level even though there was like 4-5 other guys who would have had a good shot at being champions in a different era.

Originally posted by DJS View Post
      I like good, quality punches, counters and slick moves. MMA does not provide that.
      MMA doesnt have counters? Adesanya isnt slick?

Comment

• Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        The LW division of the last 5ish years has been one of the biggest shark tanks in the sports history. Khabib is just that good.

Its like the LHW division a few years back when Jones was just on another level even though there was like 4-5 other guys who would have had a good shot at being champions in a different era.

MMA doesnt have counters? Adesanya isnt slick?
        Those guys are disgustingly bad at boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
          Those guys are disgustingly bad at boxing.
          But its not boxing. This is like saying boxers are disgustingly bad at jiu jitsu and muay thai.

Comment

• Originally posted by skybox222 View Post
            kudos to dana. the best fight the best on a weekly basis.

boxing has too many belts, divas, marinating, the list goes on.

I'm 20 years old and watching boxing is like watching paint dry. I want some action.

screw boxing.
            You should watch Estrada vs cuadras 2 . Happened this Friday . great fight with 2 great fighters with skill and stamina ...

Comment

But its not boxing. This is like saying boxers are disgustingly bad at jiu jitsu and muay thai.
              It is punching and avoiding punches. Those guys are terrible at it. I enjoy high level boxing.

Comment

He outstruck a guy who was meant to be better than him on the feet, all around dominated him, kept up the pressure and then made him tap in the 2nd round. It wasnt an epic back and forth battle (I dont think many expected it to be) but it was a pretty ****ing impressive dominant performance, and came at the end of an insane night of fights. Best UFC card of the year and one of the better ones historically imo especially with the significance of Khabib retiring at the end of it.
                Justin just ran and was breathless in half a round. No excitement.
                Fake buildup.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                  Justin just ran and was breathless in half a round. No excitement.
                  Fake buildup.
                  Wilder looked like absolute **** in the Fury rematch too. It was still epic.

Khabib is just that good. Gaethje broke mentally and physically under the pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
                    It is punching and avoiding punches. Those guys are terrible at it. I enjoy high level boxing.
                    Avoiding punches becomes harder when its 4oz gloves and you're also trying to avoid kicks, knees, elbows and takedowns.

Comment

Avoiding punches becomes harder when its 4oz gloves and you're also trying to avoid kicks, knees, elbows and takedowns.
                      I do not disagree with that. They have so many aspects to worry about that they never master any 1 martial art. I like seeing the elite best guys at 1 aspect. That is boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X