Collapse
No announcement yet.

why didnt the lil g fight kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin is a B level fighter. He fought the fights of his life against Canelo but it wasn't near good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      ggg never challenged him self at 168, let alone 175... they wanted ward at 164, lol...
      They never wanted to fight Ward at all. Ward was the world's dirtiest fight and never offered GGG any money to fight him so why fight him???? When 168 pound champion Ward fought fought 175 pound champion Dawson did he go up 7 pounds to fight Dawson at Dawson'e weight? Hell no. He made Dawson come to his weight. He didn't offer Dawson a catchweight of 172 but instead made Dawson come to his weight. But Ward gets a pass because you aren't hating on Ward, your hating on GGG as usual with a double standard. GGG is not asking Canelo for a 3rd fight but he is willing to fight him again. Canelo said he would fight him if he won a belt. Now it becomes clear that Canelo will never fight him no matter how many belts he has. So I'll ask you the same question I asked the GGG hater who started the thread. If GGG had fought Ward at 168 how would that fight have ended?

Comment

Holy obsession man...both men have virtually stated they've moved on with their lives at this point..why can't the fans. We thought Pacquaio/Mayweather fans couldn't let shhhh go but damn I was wrong curt and abtfkng****** both said "Oh yeah, here hold my drink let me show you."

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
          Golovkin is a B level fighter. He fought the fights of his life against Canelo but it wasn't near good enough.
          Most viewers think he won both fights and he would have won both fights in any city but Vegas. Who the fuc are you to be handing out grades to boxers? You are the worst judge of boxing talent I have ever seen. You have never picked the winner yet in any fight. You said that towering inferno guy was the best fighter in the world. He just got held to a draw by an unknown guy boxrec ranks 150th in the world. You are the worst no nothing boxing fan on here. You are a serious GGG hater always saying his next fight he will be destroyed and his career will be over. You said that about his next fight in that happens in 15 days so let's see if you can pick the right winner for once in your life. You call him a b level fighter and yet he spent years at the top of the pfp list and is still on that list at age 37 so he is clearly an a level fighter by anyone who knows boxing. I doubt DAZN would offer a b level fighter 100 million bucks for 6 fights. I doubt a b level fight ties the record for successful middleweight title defenses. I doubt a B level fighter KOs 22 guys in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Golovkin would have lost
            Then why would he take the fight. Champions don't take fights they will lose unless they have no choice. So why should GGG who was the middleweight champion of the world fight a dirty fighting champion who outweighs him by 8 pounds, doesn't pay well and puts a loss on his record? Why do haters ask GGG to do that when nobody else would do that? Hell Ward doesn't even count as a middleweight title defense. Canelo gets all this credit for fighting lousy 12 to 1 underdog Fielding and 4 to 1 underdog Kovalev. If Canelo cleans out any weight class, be it 160, 168 or 175 that would really be impressive. Jumping from weight class to weight class to only fight guys he is sure he can beat does not impress me that much.

Comment

ggg never challenged him self at 168, let alone 175... they wanted ward at 164, lol...
              Honestly, do you really believe Canelo was challenging himself, when he moved up to fight Chavez Jr and Rocky Fielding?

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                Honestly, do you really believe Canelo was challenging himself, when he moved up to fight Chavez Jr and Rocky Fielding?
                not much then, but he is doing it now... Today kova is a legit top 5 LHW, and thats a pretty good challenge for any mw...

Comment

not much then, but he is doing it now... Today kova is a legit top 5 LHW, and thats a pretty good challenge for any mw...
                  Agree, it's a difficult challenging fight for a short armed MW.
                  I think some fans where using those Alvarez fights at 164 and 168 to attack Golovkin for not moving up, which I didn't think was legit.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    if we all know that how come we all don't know that ggg was supposed to fight the canelo cotto winner in 2016 at the same time ward wanted to fight. obviously canelo ended up ducking the fight later but ggg didint know that would happen and ward signed to fight kovalev in november of 2015. ggg signed to fight wade in february of 2016 so your time line makes no sense.

ggg and ward were both available in 2012 and ggg wanted to fight. ward said no. guess who ward tried to fight in 2012-13? a shot pavlik and dmitri sartison. you need to do your research. hbo even kicked ward off their network for refusing to fight the guys they wanted(like ggg) yet you spin that into ggg running? why lie? ward even sued his own promoter since his promoter wasnt able to give him the easy opponents he wanted. he lost. three times. this is well documented and you come on here with this crap?
                    i dont have to spin ANYTHING

ward contacted team lil g in 2015 about a fight in 2016 at 168....they responded in less than an hour with "NO". Not even a "maybe well think about it".....LOL...that is fact and confirmed by lil gs own people.....not like the made up nonsense you run with about 2012 or whatever...lol

you have no clue what wards lawsuit was even about and it shows by your convoluted story of events...lol

you should seek help

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Then why would he take the fight. Champions don't take fights they will lose unless they have no choice. So why should GGG who was the middleweight champion of the world fight a dirty fighting champion who outweighs him by 8 pounds, doesn't pay well and puts a loss on his record? Why do haters ask GGG to do that when nobody else would do that? Hell Ward doesn't even count as a middleweight title defense. Canelo gets all this credit for fighting lousy 12 to 1 underdog Fielding and 4 to 1 underdog Kovalev. If Canelo cleans out any weight class, be it 160, 168 or 175 that would really be impressive. Jumping from weight class to weight class to only fight guys he is sure he can beat does not impress me that much.
                      "outweights him by 8lbs"

but he was ok with pursuing froch and chavez at 168....and his own team said "168 would be his best weight"...LOL

keep making excuses and looking like a goddamn fool with a schoolgirl crush

even worse though...imagine being a 37 year old aging MW who said it was his dream to "unify at 160" but never being able to achieve it?

Comment

Working...
                      X