Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Juan Marquez personally admitting that he doesnt belong at Welter[VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Juan Marquez personally admitting that he doesnt belong at Welter[VIDEO]

I hate to see my favorite fighter cash out like this. This video is for the fans that actually believe this is a fair fight.
    0:43 Interviewer Q " Was the weight too much or was Floyd that good?"

Marquez A " Floyd is very good, but the weight is too much for me. I connect my punches but I couldn't move "it/him?". It was too much a difference."

Interviewer Q " So with that in mind does he move back down to lightweight or maybe 140?"

Marquez A " Yeah, we'll move back to 135 or maybe 140"

Also if you watched many fights of Juan Marquez, you could immediately tell in that Mayweather fight that the weight slowed him down big time. He will be fighting at 144 same weight as the Mayweather fight and he will be a sitting duck for Pacquiao. Not fair

Listen we all know this but Pac vs Mayweather and believe or not I'm happy to see this fight because Marquez deserves the payday.

Comment

Naturally, this will be denied because they will "weigh the same on Fight Night", as if that matters.

Comment

boxing is a buisness man..dude is what??38 itll probally be his last fight..let his get his guape..hes an atg and a legend..he wont go out like a punching bag

Comment

I still don't get why Pac couldn't settle for 140. He could have easily made the weight. It probably won't matter it the end either way, but he could have avoided the criticism.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-24-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I still don't get why Pac couldn't settle for 140. He could have easily made the weight. It probably won't matter it the end either way, but he could have avoided the criticism.
            Because it slows JMM down , its an advantage move to take speed away from a counter puncher which effectively shuts his A game down , Roach does not force a CW for nothing , and yes he forces them , no CW no fight .

Comment

I don't think it really matters if the fight is at 147 or 140. Pacquiao will weigh the same at fight night anyway. Same goes for Marquez. The only difference is that they would have to dehydrate slightly less before the weigh in. I just think Pac could have avoided the unnecessary criticism by making the fight at 140. I do think the best fight would be at 135, but still believe 140 vs 147 won't matter for a Marquez/Pac fight.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-24-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

marquez can always weigh in below the catchweight so he wont lose speed , pac's been doing it , always coming in below 147

and also weight wont save marquez , pac is gonna rape that burito!!!

Comment

Juan has won more rounds against Manny over two fights (not debatable.) He drew in one, and lost by a hair in the other. Just as many people saw him winning one or both as did Manny. That means at a fair weight for both, Juan at the very least fought Manny on equal terms. It took father time and a bull**** weight that Marquez himself admits he cant cope with for Manny to get a legit win. Pathetic. Yet another example of a fighter who is hall of fame bound, but nowhere near hall of fame quality at the time Manny fights him. Next up, Sugar Ray followed by Roy Jones Jr, then a jump up in weight to fight Ali!!! All time greats, and those will look just as good on Manny's resume as most of his wins do.

Comment

manny pacquiao doesn't belong at welterweight either. he is just that good. is marquez? i think he has the potential to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X