Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rolls Admits on Golovkin: I've Got Mount Everest Ahead of Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
    Except rocky fielding is much bigger than canelo
    Throw in a nice weight clause and Fieldings size doesn't mean shieettttt, no power and a soft body just like Oscar wanted and got

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
      Except rocky fielding is much bigger than canelo
      Yeah, taller, but a string bean with no physical strength. In fact, since he had no outside skills, hes long body was even better for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Except Rocky was a world class fighter with a belt, on every top 10 ranking and much bigger then Canelo who moved up a full weight class to fight him. This fight is beyond embarrassing. My favorite line in the article is this

Rolls has never beaten an opponent ranked higher than 80th.

Not only is the bum barely in boxrec top 100 rankings. He's never even fought a top 80 fighter. And he's not some spring chicken the phuker is almost as old as GGG. 35 year old who has been fighting professionally almost a full decade and is still a prospect level fighter. He's old, no experience on world class level, and he isn't a big puncher even against bums he doesn't have a high KO ratio. And he's smaller then GGG.

For a man who made a living fighting bums he outdid himself this time. If you thought Vanes was bad he looks like a HOFer compared to rolls. GGG has no shame what a disgraceful fight.
        Rockys not world class. Promoters make rankings. Rocky got smashed in a round by the only world class fighter he ever fought in a green Smith. He won the belt against another fighter that didnt have a win against a good fighter and was domestic level at best.It was a cynical mismatch but a clever grab of a belt. As for Rolls its a rubbish match, a complete joke i agree there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
          Rockys not world class. Promoters make rankings. Rocky got smashed in a round by the only world class fighter he ever fought in a green Smith. He won the belt against another fighter that didnt have a win against a good fighter and was domestic level at best.It was a cynical mismatch but a clever grab of a belt. As for Rolls its a rubbish match, a complete joke i agree there.
          of course he is he held a world title. And I'm not talking about alphabet rankings (which are for sure are influenced by promoters) I'm talking 3rd party unbiased rankings. Boxrec, RING, ESPN you name any ranking you trust and Fielding was in their top 10 rankings for 168. Rolls isn't listed on any rankings and if you look at boxrec he's listed as the 96th best 160lber. He simply isn't a world class fighter and he hasn't even faced a top 80 ranked fighter at any point in his decade long boxing career. You can hate Fielding all you want but he was universally top 10 ranked and was a world champion those are facts. He's got numerous wins against fighters BETTER then Rollls. Rolls is a bum who is almost as old as GGG and right now is the highest he's ever been ranked, he's never been a world class fighter. Saying 2 fighters are the same when 1 is a world champ and top 10 ranked and his only loss was to a elite fighter and the other guy is ranked 96th is a joke. Rolls ha been fighting mostly guys who are not even 100 ranked in the world and almost all his fighters were never televised.

Fielding won his belt against Tyrone Zeuge who you call a bum but even after the loss is still top 25 ranked 168lber in the world today. He was top 15 ranked when Fielding fought him. I'll repeat it if these guys are bums then what does that make Rolls when these guys are BETTER fighters then Rolls and have each beaten fighters better then Rolls. Stop trying to make a false equivalent that this bum is just like Rocky. Their resume and accomplishes are not the same. The point isn't that Rocky is some elite fighter he isn't but he is a world class fighter and much better then Rolls. Honestly this bum is way worse then Vanes and GGG was killed rightfully so for that fight. Vanes was small and inactive coming off losses but he was a world class fighter at 154 atleast. This bum has never been world class at any point and 35 years old.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-23-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I'm a GGG fan and all but this is very disappointing. I understand that he's done more than enough to earn a tune up at this point his career but this is simply ridiculous. There have to be at least 20 to 30 other guys with better resumes than Rolls and deserve the pay day before him. No disrespect to Rolls, but very few people have ever heard of him and his resume has absolutely nobody on it. This can't even be considered a tune up or a soft touch this is just poor matchmaking.

If GGG let's this guy see the 4th round he's slipped beyond repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcvtr81 View Post
              Throw in a nice weight clause and Fieldings size doesn't mean shieettttt, no power and a soft body just like Oscar wanted and got
              You dope this fight is at a CW!

Hes ranked #97 at MW.

Rocky Fielding is ranked #5 at MW. And #77 P4P.

Comment

Holy sht!!!!

Steve Rolls is ranked P4P #1,302 on boxingrec. Page 27.

WOW!!!! Vanes looks like Sugar Ray Robinson and Ali compared to this guy..

Comment

Originally posted by gogetter1132 View Post
                  I'm a GGG fan and all but this is very disappointing. I understand that he's done more than enough to earn a tune up at this point his career but this is simply ridiculous. There have to be at least 20 to 30 other guys with better resumes than Rolls and deserve the pay day before him. No disrespect to Rolls, but very few people have ever heard of him and his resume has absolutely nobody on it. This can't even be considered a tune up or a soft touch this is just poor matchmaking.

If GGG let's this guy see the 4th round he's slipped beyond repair.
                  Actually 96 are ranked higher at MW but who's counting.

Comment

of course he is he held a world title. And I'm not talking about alphabet rankings (which are for sure are influenced by promoters) I'm talking 3rd party unbiased rankings. Boxrec, RING, ESPN you name any ranking you trust and Fielding was in their top 10 rankings for 168. Rolls isn't listed on any rankings and if you look at boxrec he's listed as the 96th best 160lber. He simply isn't a world class fighter and he hasn't even faced a top 80 ranked fighter at any point in his decade long boxing career. You can hate Fielding all you want but he was universally top 10 ranked and was a world champion those are facts. He's got numerous wins against fighters BETTER then Rollls. Rolls is a bum who is almost as old as GGG and right now is the highest he's ever been ranked, he's never been a world class fighter. Saying 2 fighters are the same when 1 is a world champ and top 10 ranked and his only loss was to a elite fighter and the other guy is ranked 96th is a joke. Rolls ha been fighting mostly guys who are not even 100 ranked in the world and almost all his fighters were never televised.

Fielding won his belt against Tyrone Zeuge who you call a bum but even after the loss is still top 25 ranked 168lber in the world today. He was top 15 ranked when Fielding fought him. I'll repeat it if these guys are bums then what does that make Rolls when these guys are BETTER fighters then Rolls and have each beaten fighters better then Rolls. Stop trying to make a false equivalent that this bum is just like Rocky. Their resume and accomplishes are not the same. The point isn't that Rocky is some elite fighter he isn't but he is a world class fighter and much better then Rolls. Honestly this bum is way worse then Vanes and GGG was killed rightfully so for that fight. Vanes was small and inactive coming off losses but he was a world class fighter at 154 atleast. This bum has never been world class at any point and 35 years old.
                    Boxingrec has him ranked #1302 P4P.

LMFAO!!!!

Comment

Except Rocky was a world class fighter with a belt, on every top 10 ranking and much bigger then Canelo who moved up a full weight class to fight him. This fight is beyond embarrassing. My favorite line in the article is this

Rolls has never beaten an opponent ranked higher than 80th.

Not only is the bum barely in boxrec top 100 rankings. He's never even fought a top 80 fighter. And he's not some spring chicken the phuker is almost as old as GGG. 35 year old who has been fighting professionally almost a full decade and is still a prospect level fighter. He's old, no experience on world class level, and he isn't a big puncher even against bums he doesn't have a high KO ratio. And he's smaller then GGG.

For a man who made a living fighting bums he outdid himself this time. If you thought Vanes was bad he looks like a HOFer compared to rolls. GGG has no shame what a disgraceful fight.
                      lol at fielding being a world class fighter. He got smashed in one round by smith. he's worse than rolls IDGAF what corrupt rankings or fake belts say.. get your tongue out of clenelo's PED infested ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X