Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Jermall Charlo have to fight another eliminator if GGG passes on the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    I was looking forward to it, but unfortunetelly Sulecki fights a come-back fight in November in Poland and says He's not going to be ready for december.

Anyway - I hope He's not forced to another eliminator if GGG goes other way. He should fight whoever He fights in December and then WBC should do the right thing and order it.
    I didn't see that. Thanks for the info. Knowing Haymon this means Charlo is likely just gonna sit around and do nothing which doesn't help him and sucks for us fans.

Comment

He doesn't have to do anything but keep winning against whoever wants to fight him and it will get to a point where the WBC will have to order the fight or Canelo will just Drop. At this point the WBC might make Canelo his own Belt in which nobody will be able to fight him for

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        AHHHHHH Ok. Thanks.

I thought the Ali Act made that illegal? Meaning illegal to force a fighter to sign with you to get a world title shot. Not illegal to force a fighter to sign to get a regular shot at Canelo
        Good point. ....

This might be what your referring to.

c) PROTECTION FROM COERCIVE CONTRACTS WITH BROADCASTERS- Subsection (a) of this section applies to any contract between a commercial broadcaster and a boxer, or granting any rights with respect to that boxer, involving a broadcast in or affecting interstate commerce, regardless of the broadcast medium. For the purpose of this subsection, any reference in subsection (a)(1)(B) to ‘promoter’ shall be considered a reference to ‘commercial broadcaster’.

I'm assuming that covers what your talking about because section a and b refer to restricting trade. So Golovkin rights are restricted if he is forced to sign in order to get a rematch.

Now for a reality check..

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3032059

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          They don't have to. Become mandatory and win a purse bid.
          Let's not act like Eddie doesn't have any influence there. Remember how Lebedev was Usyk mandatory? Usyk signs to dazn, and now we suddenly have Usyk-Bellew and Lebedev is unheard from again.

Comment

Unifications over Mando's

If Canelo decides to face Jacobs or Andrade next if they are champions..Charlo will have to wait

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Let's not act like Eddie doesn't have any influence there. Remember how Lebedev was Usyk mandatory? Usyk signs to dazn, and now we suddenly have Usyk-Bellew and Lebedev is unheard from again.
              Pretty sure the WBC made it that Bellew would have a mandatory shot at the CW title if he returned, when he vacated it.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Bellew was the WBC Emeritus champion...so it is allowed

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Good point. ....

This might be what your referring to.

c) PROTECTION FROM COERCIVE CONTRACTS WITH BROADCASTERS- Subsection (a) of this section applies to any contract between a commercial broadcaster and a boxer, or granting any rights with respect to that boxer, involving a broadcast in or affecting interstate commerce, regardless of the broadcast medium. For the purpose of this subsection, any reference in subsection (a)(1)(B) to ‘promoter’ shall be considered a reference to ‘commercial broadcaster’.

I'm assuming that covers what your talking about because section a and b refer to restricting trade. So Golovkin rights are restricted if he is forced to sign in order to get a rematch.

Now for a reality check..

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3032059
                  True noone is enforcing it but when was the last time you heard a promoter say you must sign here to get a fight with the champion? They might infer it behind closed doors but I've never heard one come right out and say it like Eddie did.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Unifications over Mando's

If Canelo decides to face Jacobs or Andrade next if they are champions..Charlo will have to wait
                    No **** sherlock. The topic isn't about that. I'm asking does he have to fight another eliminator or does he become the mandatory. The question was already answered

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Pretty sure the WBC made it that Bellew would have a mandatory shot at the CW title if he returned, when he vacated it.
                      And that just somehow supersedes the WBA when they had already said something about Lebedev? Here are the facts:

1. WBA announces Lebedev as mandatory.

2. Bellew says he won't fight unless all 4 belts are on the line.

3. Usyk signs to dazn.

4. Usyk-Bellew is announced. No word on Lebedev.

Again, let's not act like Eddie has no influence here

Comment

Working...
                      X