Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Thee American Fighter? The Face Of American/U.S. Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Thee American Fighter? The Face Of American/U.S. Boxing?

Who has that Torch?

Canelo was the PPV star of America but who is the actual U.S. Fact of boxing? whos the star?

Crawford? Spence? Jason Litzau?

Floyd. As long as there's speculation about him fighting, it's always going to be Floyd.

Comment

Mikey Garcia

Comment

Come on War Mikey. You already know. Canelo called him out when he got his huge new deal.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post

Who has that Torch?

Canelo was the PPV star of America but who is the actual U.S. Fact of boxing? whos the star?

Crawford? Spence? Jason Litzau?
          From America or who fights in America? You'll get 2 different answers depending on which one I answer.

Comment

There is no current face of American boxing. I don't know how you define this though. In my thinking the "face of American" boxing would only happen when patriotism/nationalism is involved (Olympics mostly). Outside of amateurs I can only think of Joe Louis vs. Max Schmeling. There have been plenty of American stars. But there is a dearth of American stars in boxing right now. The star level in is as low as I can remember and sadly I don't see that changing any time soon. The trend is getting worse.

Comment

There is none. Unless you still count Floyd, which you probably should because it sounds likely that he'll be back in the ring pretty soon.

Comment

Yet to be determined, but I'd say Spence or Crawford are on track to be the face of American boxing in 2019.

Comment

Thee American fighter

1. Canelo is mexican and represents MEXICO.
                  2. The fighter that unifies 147 will be the big ticket American fighter.
                  3. Wilder would be that guy already if he wasn't from Alabama.

Comment

I feel like there is probably an argument for Bud, Spence & don't get weird with me...Adrien Broner. Bud & Spence seem like the guys with the most popularity & are doing it at a high level while seeming like they can still go higher. And Broner, despite losing to anyone the next level up, still keeps pulling in ratings it seems like. Not sure what the last fight or two did, but I know he was among the top US guys ratings wise before that.

And you might even make an argument for Wilder now that he's doing a PPV. If they can do at least 200k PPV's that'll be the most buys any US guy not named Floyd in the last decade has done as the A side.

Comment

Working...
                    X