Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting past comments from BJS trainer about asthma drugs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting past comments from BJS trainer about asthma drugs...

Take it however you will. This isn't damming by any means, just "curious"...

Earlier this year Dominic Ingle was asked about Canelo's failed test, to which he responded;
    “There are a whole host of other fat-burning drugs and supplements that are perfectly legal in sport up to a certain level, like salbutamol, which is a prescription drug for asthma. That has a similar effect to clenbuterol but it’s not seen as performance-enhancing.

“I’ve got a guy in my gym, for example, who suffers from asthma and has been on that since he was 14. He’s 24 now and the one thing you notice about him is he’s permanently ripped.”

Note: the drug mentioned above is NOT the drug BJS was popped for. Nor is Saunders the subject of the 2nd paragraph.
    I only posted this thread because his knowledge and attitude seems to be very relevant to recent developments.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-01-2018, 03:29 AM.

My little girl has asthma. It's no joke to live with. It's good that there's medication that will allow her to function in the same way people without the disease do.

Comment

Just goes to show every team has their own pharmacist to give or get you the best enhancing drugs-which they are.
      Without being outside the official rules.
      I dont think this type of thing can be stopped in our time and age.
      Too many unknown peds that aren't banned that fighters will take if given the chance.
      It's concerning to be honest.

Comment

"“There are a whole host of other fat-burning drugs and supplements that are perfectly legal in sport up to a certain level"

BJS's team was probably using oxilofrine for a while or other stimulant variants. The trainer is here on record talking about how the loopholes work. That is why the first thing out of their mouths was that oxilofrine was allowed up until fight night. Well that was true for WADA and UK commission testing. Not true for the VADA testing they signed up for. Someone didnt look over the fine print close enough and now they are resorting to contaminated nasal spray as an excuse.

Comment

Which fighter would say no to a drug that improves any type of performance if its not on the banned list.
          I can't think of any.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            "“There are a whole host of other fat-burning drugs and supplements that are perfectly legal in sport up to a certain level"

BJS's team was probably using oxilofrine for a while or other stimulant variants. The trainer is here on record talking about how the loopholes work. That is why the first thing out of their mouths was that oxilofrine was allowed up until fight night. Well that was true for WADA and UK commission testing. Not true for the VADA testing they signed up for. Someone didnt look over the fine print close enough and now they are resorting to contaminated nasal spray as an excuse.
            If what your saying is true then he should cop the same 6months ban and heavy fine the same as Canelo.
            A ped is a ped is a ped. No two ways to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              My little girl has asthma. It's no joke to live with. It's good that there's medication that will allow her to function in the same way people without the disease do.
              I'm genuinely glad she has medication. I'm a supporter of a couple of children's hospitals.
              I also feel that's entirely unrelated to whether BJS is abusing asthma medication for an advantage. He did just fail a VADA test. I hope we can have an honest discussion about that.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-01-2018, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                If what your saying is true then he should cop the same 6months ban and heavy fine the same as Canelo.
                A ped is a ped is a ped. No two ways to look at it.
                Even though I thought Canelo ingested clen from beef, I also felt he got off light and should have been banned for at least a year. If you fail a test, you should be held accountable unless you can prove otherwise. Even if it's by accident or circumstance. That's really the only way to stop people from gaming the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I'm genuinely glad she has medication. I'm a supporter of a couple of children's hospitals.
                  I also feel that's entirely unrelated to whether BJS is abusing asthma medication for an advantage. He did just fail a VADA test. I hope we can have an honest discussion about that.
                  Definetely.

My point is that medication is for the sick and not for the healthy which is a point Ingle also makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Even though I thought Canelo ingested clen from beef, I also felt he got off light and should have been banned for at least a year. If you fail a test, you should be held accountable unless you can prove otherwise. Even if it's by accident or circumstance. That's really the only way to stop people from gaming the system.
                    With the aid of science these days I believe it's whos isnt on Peds tbh.
                    These world champions put in the extra miles if they thought they can't get caught why not go the extra supplement.
                    IDK man I just think that's what it's coming to.
                    I hope im wrong cause a fight needs to be on level standing to start of at.

Comment

Working...
                    X