No announcement yet.

Can Khan become champ at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Yes, he could have made as much or more money fight Brook in the U.K. and likely would have been a more competitive match up. He sold his soul for the Canelo fight.

Managers are becoming less of a factor, especially when a fighter gets a name for himself and no longer needs them to find fights for them. I suppose managing yourself isn't bad if you want to save the 20-30% cut they usually take, but then you get yourself into fights like this. Ten more years and another KO or two and Khan won't be able to count his fingers, let alone his money.

Not when a lot of fighters are idiots. You need someone to make decision for you. Even guys that are smart or got some brains like Haye don't know how to manage their career.

Don't know why some of these top agents from other sports aren't hired by boxers.

As a boxer everybody will try and screw you over, need to get one person who got your back.

Comment

Khan won't beat any of the top PBC champs. His best bet would be to target bum beater Crawford. Arum might still see Khan as too big of a threat though lol. I don't think Khan beats Crawford but who knows with how **** Crawford's hype job resume is. I think Crawford and Khan are packing the same chins.

Comment

Idk that I think Khan gots much of a shot vs the current title holders, but with the decisions these ABC groups make it wouldn't shock me if Khan found his way to a belt some kinda way.

Don't think I'd bet on it, but I mean if he got matched up with a Horn or Berto, for some highly ranked examples, for a vacant title I can't say that I 100% think he'd lose those fights.

Comment

No.

Tbh unless he had a really bad camp, and even then that's no excuse, he looked finished at the top level last weekend.

At around round 7 I think, I thought he was going to get ko'd by Vargas.

It's no wonder he's chasing the pac fight, one big payday or two if he finally fights Brook after, then retire.

Comment

When he was under Virgil, prior to the Canelo fight i could see him winning a title at 147

Right now no way, unless he catches someone cold like he did with Greco. Khan is dangerous in the first 3 rounds and has the ability to hurt you, but after that he starts to fade.

Comment

Honestly, Khan is looking like a pretty juicy cherry right about now.

Comment

Working...
              X