No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Wilder has 100% lost the case against Fury"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
    But you don't gain many points fighting scrubs because scrubs have such a low point value. Do you have any idea how the boxrec formula even works?
    Boxrec .. The site was founded by John Sheppard, an Englishman. Sheppard had never attended a boxing bout until 1995 when he attended a "Prince" Naseem Hamed fight with Hamed's older brothers Riath and Nabeel. Sheppard had considered boxing to be a "barbaric and degrading" spectacle, stating "I sat there watching people punch each other in the head, wondering why they were doing it... but he found a way to make money didn’t he?

Also, The website is updated by “Volunteer” editors from many countries around the world.

The formula is laughable at times ,no one who understands boxing takes that seriously . Imagine if they awarded belts on point value based on them and who the champions and top guys could be ?
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-20-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Boxrec .. The site was founded by John Sheppard, an Englishman. Sheppard had never attended a boxing bout until 1995 when he attended a "Prince" Naseem Hamed fight with Hamed's older brothers Riath and Nabeel. Sheppard had considered boxing to be a "barbaric and degrading" spectacle, stating "I sat there watching people punch each other in the head, wondering why they were doing it... but he found a way to make money didn’t he?

Also, The website is updated by “Volunteer” editors from many countries around the world.

The formula is laughable at times ,no one who understands boxing takes that seriously . Imagine if they awarded belts on point value based on them and who the champions and top guys could be ?
      He's getting upset cuz ppl demanding he adds some quality to his resume, he claims his resume is already great hence his BOXREC score.

But try asking him to name these top fighters he has bravely battled and he soon starts flapping.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
        How did he make it to #1 in the world in boxrec without fighting anyone good? How is that possible?
        I don't think it's easy to get to no.1 in their rankings, but it's widely known that their system is flawed.

See the image below – at this point Usyk had only fought Chazz Witherspoon at heavyweight. Boxrec had him ranked as a top 20 all time heavyweight, just behind Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
          I dont know why people even wanna see a rubber match. Fury won the first and beat the **** out of him in the second. Wilder had a whole meltdown after the beating.
          I agree. We know who the better fighter is. Wilder got beat in both fights but was given that draw in the first one. He'd down 0-2 by my count.

Comment

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post
            If shelly really neglected paperwork well whole team took advantage of dude knew he wont to bright to read half the shhh themself.fury should fight aj n the winner fight usyk n that winner wilder let wilder go rule bridgerweight or fight usyk povetkin joyce hugh fury n maybe whyte only til get that match. Usyk cant handle heavyweight power joyce would be there to be hit n well wilder cant box but they hit like a ton of bricks so i see joyce losing similar to breazale hughie fury can built upon fury rivalry n hugie fury though has gotten better is still a ? .
            Are you okay ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              He's getting upset cuz ppl demanding he adds some quality to his resume, he claims his resume is already great hence his BOXREC score.

But try asking him to name these top fighters he has bravely battled and he soon starts flapping.
              I've asked him that before. He uses alphabet and Boxrec rankings to paint a false picture of Wilder fighting a murderer's row of dangerous, top ranked opponents ... killers like Chris Arreola

According to him, Stiverne was one of the top 2 HWs in the world when Wilder beat him the first time.
              Last edited by kafkod; 01-20-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
                I cant lie Wilder messed himself up here..not sure why he did what he did but he damn sure did it..Maybe the covid can help help his care but he was silent to long
                It’s not wilder it’s his team. He pays his promoter etc to deal with that.

If ever there was a time for him to say - you’ve fck’d up I’m going to earn more money and go to dazn - this would be the time.

Comment

BoxRec is better than BOXING though as it lists ONE CHAMP for ONE WEIGHT CLASS.

And most of these contenders today fight bums and has beens and try to demand a shot...based on what ?

Wilder was getting sparked against any remotely decent HW. He had 2 decent wins over Ortiz and literally nothing else of value in his ENTIRE RESUME.

Comment

He was very tactical, he release a video about how the king would be back, like he was rallying his troops, he then proceed to stay silent for 9 months, knowingly and only came out AFTER the stipulated contract had expired, like Fury was avoiding the rematch. They knew exactly what they were doing. You can blame covid all you want but if you want that fight then your actions would show that you do want it.

Comment

I think it will just be more posturing, claiming everyone ducked him . Nothing new .
                      He and Finkel have a lot of experience pulling that trick. And of course, they have their sock puppet shills and fan boys backing up everything they say, no matter how outrageous it is.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 01-20-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X