Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell Made WBA 'Regular' Champ, Ordered To Face John Ryder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    How the **** do you get elevated to regular champ? elevated from what?
    Thank you, this is the question NO ONE seem to be asking, why? Because it’s a good match up etc.. And we don’t want to be spoilers. But what are they elevated him from?

Comment

Remember john ryder isnt easy look at what happened with him and callum smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Thank you, this is the question NO ONE seem to be asking, why? Because it’s a good match up etc.. And we don’t want to be spoilers. But what are they elevated him from?
        Apparently he was the interim champion after three fights.

Comment

just asking for opinions who do you think would win callum smith or billy joe saunder

Comment

Originally posted by boxinglife8 View Post
            just asking for opinions who do you think would win callum smith or billy joe saunder
            They ran close as **** when they fought back in 2013 but Billy Joe was the hotter ticket back then and just got the nod.

Now? Real hard to say cos Billy Joe blows so hot and cold. On both of their best nights I'd have to go with Saunders but if BJS ain't in top shape then either way.

EDIT: ooops, somehow my brain translated that as Ryder vs Saunders. Ummm. Actaully same sort of answer though. At his best it's Saunders but always a chance Mundo would catch him with something.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-19-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Morrell looked pretty good to me. Lol Of course, he wasn’t fighting a ranked guy. But that was only the kid’s fourth pro fight, and he took it on three week’s notice. Hope Ryder isn’t too much for him. It’s a big step up.
              He didn't look bad but still wasn't fully comfortable and was doing a bit too much moving. But of course, with more fights the better he should get.

Definitely a big step up for him. Unlike Allen, Ryder will bring it and be right there in front of him. Let's see if the kid is the real deal or not.

Comment

Yeah, Morrell won a vacant interim belt in his third pro fight. Now the WBA elevated him to “regular” status. Total bullshit, if you ask me, but I don’t mind seeing this kid tested this early in his career. Just hope it’s not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  He didn't look bad but still wasn't fully comfortable and was doing a bit too much moving. But of course, with more fights the better he should get.

Definitely a big step up for him. Unlike Allen, Ryder will bring it and be right there in front of him. Let's see if the kid is the real deal or not.
                  I watched some amateur footage of Morrell afterwards, when he was like 18...crazy showboating. Lol I was amazed it was the same guy.

Comment

Agreed, but you can have good fights without them being for a belt. It's whats ruining the sport, ****ing EVERY FIGHT is for a belt.

Oh jesus christ. So they had an interim champ even though they had an active regular champ, an active super champ, and an active ****ing GOLD champ?!?

And this is why I won't say the WBC is the worst. The WBA will always be the ****ing lowest of the low to me. I don't care how much of a whore Mauricio is for ginger c0ck, or how many pointless trophy belts he makes (though Bridgerweight is narrowing the gap)

Comment

Interm

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      How the **** do you get elevated to regular champ? elevated from what?
                      Cellum Smith was WBA Super champ, Canelo was WBA regular and David Morrell was the Interm champ. Canelo beat Smith for the WBA Super so Canelos WBA regular goes vacant. Since Morrell was already in line they just elevated him and gave Ryder (next man up) the mando.

Comment

Working...
                      X