Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Govt. thinking of ways to bring home children of ISIS members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] British Govt. thinking of ways to bring home children of ISIS members

The foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, has said the government is now looking at ways of bringing the children of British fighters in Syria back to the UK, in an apparent shift in policy which comes days after the death of Shamima Begum’s baby son.

Hunt said it was too dangerous to send British officials to rescue the 19-year-old’s baby son from the camp in Syria, and she knew she would not be able to rely on British consular assistance when she went to the Islamic State-held territory.

But he appeared to signal a change of policy when he said the Foreign Office was now working with the Department for International Development on ways of contacting and removing British children in the camps.

Hunt, in reference to Begum who was stripped of her citizenship on the orders of the home secretary, Sajid Javid, gave the first reaction by a senior government figure since it emerged that the teenager’s son had died in a Syrian camp.

He told the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show on Sunday that Begum “chose to leave a free country to join a terrorist organisation and we have to think about the safety of British officials that I would send into that war zone as a representative of the government”.

Challenged as to why officials could not have gone to rescue the child from a camp where the press had gone to interview Begum and others, Hunt said journalists had “some protection” but added: “Sending a British government official into a war zone in a situation where you are getting advice that those officials’ lives may be put at risk is a very different matter.”

Hunt said earlier: “Shamima knew, when she made the decision to join Daesh [another name for Isis], she was going into a country where there was no embassy. There was no consular assistance. And I’m afraid those decisions, awful though it is, do have consequences.”

Javid, who faces increasing criticism over the case of Begum, has remained silent on the controversy even after reports emerged that two more British women were being held in Syrian camps with their young children and have had their British citizenship revoked.

The other women who have had their British citizenship removed were named by the Sunday Times as two sisters, Reema Iqbal, 30, and Zara Iqbal, 28, who are said to have five sons under the age of eight between them and have been widowed after their husbands died fighting for Isis.

The sisters, from Canning Town in east London, are believed to be living in separate Syrian camps, where tens of thousands of people have flocked amid the disintegration of the “Isis caliphate”.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “We do not comment on individual cases. Any decisions to deprive individuals of their citizenship are based on all available evidence and not taken lightly.”

Javid, during a weekend of criticism, was accused of moral cowardice and “treating the UK as a banana republic” in pursuit of his leadership ambitions after the death of Jarrah, Begum’s son.

A Church of England bishop and a former director of public prosecutions criticised the home secretary as demand grew for Javid to review his decision, which left Begum stateless with her child in legal limbo.

Begum, from Bethnal Green, east London, was 15 when she and two other schoolgirls went to join Isis in February 2015. She gave birth in a Syrian refugee camp last month. She had already lost two children.

News that a third child has now died has left her relatives in London distraught. The Begum family’s lawyer, Tasnime Akunjee, said: “They are utterly crushed and despondent at the moment.”

Javid’s decision to strip the teenager of citizenship triggered a debate about whether she should be allowed to return and raised questions about the legality of his decision.

The shadow home secretary, Diane Abbott, tweeted: “It is against international law to make someone stateless, and now an innocent child has died as a result of a British woman being stripped of her citizenship. This is callous and inhumane.”

Reema Iqbal told Sky News: “I don’t trust anyone. I’m sorry. I’ve been burned before.”

Iqbal was quoted earlier this year in the Daily Telegraph, which identified her as one of a number of British women who wanted to return. “The security services came to speak to me and I was honest, I told them my whole story, so now it’s up to them to judge,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sh-citizenship

Dàmn them are some dumb ass women. So she lost 3 children after joining Isis?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Dàmn them are some dumb ass women. So she lost 3 children after joining Isis?
      The UK's policy of being soft on Radical Islam is now biting them in the ass. You had thousands of British Muslims joining ISIS, the most famous being Jihadi John, who was known for beheading journalists and aid workers on live camera. The Rotherham child sex scandal where kids were being pimped. Now you have this nonsense where they now want to bring back children of ISIS and possibly the ISIS members themselves, then they wonder why they get stuff like little girls being massacred at a pop concert.

Comment

What's wrong with this exactly ? Worries about the babies forming sleeper cells in daycare?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          What's wrong with this exactly ? Worries about the babies forming sleeper cells in daycare?

I thought they just called that nap time

Comment

Speaking of British people:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/body-o...und-group-says

R.I.P

Comment

We live in fantastic days where there are no consequences for bad behaviour. These are the days where women can sleep their way to the top then sue you for rape 25 years later, people can go and join terror is groups then come back to sponge off the state, sad, sad.

Comment

Toss these hoes and their babies in a volcano.

Comment

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    We live in fantastic days where there are no consequences for bad behaviour. These are the days where women can sleep their way to the top then sue you for rape 25 years later, people can go and join terror is groups then come back to sponge off the state, sad, sad.
                    True.. as long as your not a conservative.. that's the biggest evil

Amazing that the same people asking everyone to take pity on this "poor" girl.. were screaming bloody murder when a 14 year old in a trump hat "smirked" at a native indian.. the left then asked for him to be doxxed.. death threats.. threatened his parents business the lot..

Cause wearing a trump hat = worse then joining ISIS in these sickos heads

Comment

Working...
                    X