• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanUK94 View Post
    Such a shame, the old Fight Night games were class
    Probably lost money on them as not enough people were buying

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Probably lost money on them as not enough people were buying
      I wonder if a smaller developer would be willing to take the risk like THQ who used to/do make the wrestling games

Comment

Originally posted by DanUK94 View Post
        I wonder if a smaller developer would be willing to take the risk like THQ who used to/do make the wrestling games
        Yeah I always wanted 2K to do a boxing game.

Comment

We need a fightnight

Comment

this would rule

Comment

The Catch-22 here is that I bet EA had to absolutely pay out of the ass for the likenesses of the fighters - notice how Mayweather was absent in FN Champion. However, take the big names out of your game and off the box and then it's got a lot less marketing power. It's all well and good having a realistic boxing game but if you've got that then people want to play as Tyson, Roy Jones, Ali etc, not totally fictional guys or obviously barely-legally-distinct copies like Boyd Haymeather or Ike Blyson. Obviously they couldn't get a balance between the game being marketable but also cheap enough to be profitable so they dropped it and turned to UFC instead.

That said, can you imagine a Fight Night made by EA circa 2018? Pay 5 bucks to open a card pack to have a small chance of getting a chance for your boxer to hit 5% harder online, only to fact an opponent who's dropped a grand on the game and has all the advantages over you. In fact, I think their UFC games already do this.

Comment

Backwards compatible on X1 as of yesterday so will dig it out for a few games later. Could be a sign of EA considering boxing again but most likely they stick with UFC.

Comment

Best case scenario is that Hearn builds a big enough stable in the US and then EA do a deal with a Matchroom to licence their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                    Best case scenario is that Hearn builds a big enough stable in the US and then EA do a deal with a Matchroom to licence their fighters.
                    I'm good with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Backwards compatible on X1 as of yesterday so will dig it out for a few games later. Could be a sign of EA considering boxing again but most likely they stick with UFC.
                      Thanks man.
                      Last edited by McNulty; 05-17-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X