Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN: AJ vs Ruiz 2 did huge nos in the US, exceeded expectation & surpassed AJ/Ruiz 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAZN: AJ vs Ruiz 2 did huge nos in the US, exceeded expectation & surpassed AJ/Ruiz 1

Joe Markowski of DAZN:

https://youtu.be/vja4ov-w038

UK PPV was at record breaking 1.6million last night and still counting. Over 2million guaranteed.

This is nuts. Globally, it also went nuts. Hearn is licking his lips right now and AJ is on his way to surpassing Floyd overall.

Yeah this guy said the word huge a number of times but didn't get into specifics. Interesting to see the numbers.

Comment

Hearn also said it broke records in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Yeah this guy said the word huge a number of times but didn't get into specifics. Interesting to see the numbers.
        The fight was competing with LSU vs Georgia SEC championship game and Okla vs Baylor and still did far better numbers than AJ vs Ruiz 1 that was held in the US.

When he was interviewed - he said they were still counting by it has already surpassed the first fight. The fight also did huge numbers on DAZN global, according to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          The fight was competing with LSU vs Georgia SEC championship game and Okla vs Baylor and still did far better numbers than AJ vs Ruiz 1 that was held in the US.

When he was interviewed - he said they were still counting by it has already surpassed the first fight. The fight also did huge numbers on DAZN global, according to him.
          Yeah I heard him. I am interested to see the specifics.

Funny but you discounted the Wilder/Ortiz numbers. Can anyone discount the totals here as "fabricated" and "lies" if we don't like AJ the way you did because you don't like Wilder and Haymon?

Comment

Yeah I heard him. I am interested to see the specifics.

Funny but you discounted the Wilder/Ortiz numbers. Are we allowed to discount the totals here as "fabricated" and "lies" if we don't like AJ?
            He wasn't hiding for a week like PBC guys - he said it straight after the fight and that makes it legit. And you can't fake UK PPV because BARB would release it next week.

Even the blind knows Wilder vs Ortiz would bomb due to the interest. No one asked for the fight and marketing wouldn't change that. So whatever number they throw out there that's above 100k is fabricated.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              Joe Markowski of DAZN:

https://youtu.be/vja4ov-w038

UK PPV was at record breaking 1.6million last night and still counting. Over 2million guaranteed.

This is nuts. Globally, it also went nuts. Hearn is licking his lips right now and AJ is on his way to surpassing Floyd overall.
              2m buys at £25! That’s £50m right there!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised, it got a lot of coverage and had several very interesting storylines. People definitely wanted to see the fight. Hell, it may have even helped the timing that it was in SA.

Comment

I think at this point it's pretty clear: Anthony Joshua is the biggest star in boxing.

Comment

I dont expect to hear subscriber numbers or specific buy rates for a while tbh. The vagueness works in their favour from a business point of view...the others (networks) dont know where they stand. Markowski did emphasis 'worldwide' success so although it sounds like they did better than expected in the US I think the 'huge' was aimed at all markets.

There is no doubt that AJ is a financial juggernaut though. He is on another level to Wilder and Fury in that respect. They seem reluctant to accept that...

Comment

Working...
                    X