No announcement yet.

AJ vs Ruiz II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annie only for you

With the judges these days and all...I have resisted making predictions. But its your thread.... so here we go:

Ruiz is heavy and might not have trained hard for this fight, joshua is getting dinged in sparring. Ruiz is buying cars, jewelry and god knows what else and I have to trust that he is prepared for this thing? Joshua look like a man ready for a Saudi Beheading more than a man looking to get in the ring and prove the naysayers wrong....

I mean what the f u c k?

This fight reminds me of the Golota Tyson fight... the whole thing was: who will wreck first, the hardest, and the most spectacularly. Golota won that one by a country mile...I have Polish in me, and still have nightmares where I am Andrew looking at an old Italian guy slapping me telling me in a voice like one of the three stooges to get up, pulling on my arm. All I want to do is eat Perogi but there Lou Duva is...

I was set on Ruiz til I put all the little angles together. This is not a man with good judgement, rather he is a big kid that is enjoying his victory. But AJ does not look set to take it back by any stretch...

Who was damaged more? AJ when he was exposed fighting a pressure fighter with hand speed and decent pop? Or Ruiz when let go unrestrained, going from nothing to 100 in a day? Thats the question for me and i don't know the answer. Im rooting for Ruiz because of the two, if he gets past this phase he could be a very interesting fighter for the division. The first really deluxe pressure fighter in a while to make it to the top.

Ill say Ruiz by TKO in the tenth round.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      With the judges these days and all...I have resisted making predictions. But its your thread.... so here we go:

Ruiz is heavy and might not have trained hard for this fight, joshua is getting dinged in sparring. Ruiz is buying cars, jewelry and god knows what else and I have to trust that he is prepared for this thing? Joshua look like a man ready for a Saudi Beheading more than a man looking to get in the ring and prove the naysayers wrong....

I mean what the f u c k?

This fight reminds me of the Golota Tyson fight... the whole thing was: who will wreck first, the hardest, and the most spectacularly. Golota won that one by a country mile...I have Polish in me, and still have nightmares where I am Andrew looking at an old Italian guy slapping me telling me in a voice like one of the three stooges to get up, pulling on my arm. All I want to do is eat Perogi but there Lou Duva is...

I was set on Ruiz til I put all the little angles together. This is not a man with good judgement, rather he is a big kid that is enjoying his victory. But AJ does not look set to take it back by any stretch...

Who was damaged more? AJ when he was exposed fighting a pressure fighter with hand speed and decent pop? Or Ruiz when let go unrestrained, going from nothing to 100 in a day? Thats the question for me and i don't know the answer. Im rooting for Ruiz because of the two, if he gets past this phase he could be a very interesting fighter for the division. The first really deluxe pressure fighter in a while to make it to the top.

Ill say Ruiz by TKO in the tenth round.
      Lol what a vivid nightmare

Comment

Don't like all that extra weight but still picking Ruiz by ko. He is all wrong for AJ, and have shown that he can take AJ's punches. The weight could still work both ways, he'll be able to take the punches better and probably punch even harder, but if it goes to the late rounds that could probably be his biggest problem. It could be that Ruiz put on all that weight to bully the weak minded AJ and in that case we'll see a total annihilation in a few rounds.

Comment

GOD some of you are either stupid as hell, or you hate AJ so much that you make up your own reality. GETTING FATTER DOES NOT HELP A HEAVYWEIGHT BOXER. Do you get that? It does not help. It makes you slower, have less cardio and it makes you more vulnerable to the body. It also smells of lack of training and discipline. I know a lot of you hate AJ, but to sit here and try to say that Ruiz coming in fatter is going to help him win the fight?!??! Come on now. And then you idiots are taking it further by saying that Ruiz wore a weight vest or has weights in his pockets for the weigh in?!?! I seriously hope that some of you are not that stupid. But if you are, you will be in for a shock tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by meat_abstract View Post
            Ruiz by KO.

Every fighter that relies on power eventually runs into a guy that doesn't fall. AJ doesn't have the depth or the stamina to box a seasoned pro for 12 rounds. Without his power over chin advantage, he just doesn't have the tools. He's not Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, or even Wladimir Kitschko. He's a late-comer to the sport who's built his record knocking out senior citizens and taxi drivers. Ruiz has a deep amateur background and can take AJ's punch.
            - -AJ set modern records yer bum line up could never manage.

Meathead analysis is it?

Ruiz happens to be very good also with a better win than than your meats could manage.

Fat Lar got KOed by Dwayne Bobick in the Olympic trials. Andy and AJ woulda done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by meat_abstract View Post
              Ruiz by KO.

Every fighter that relies on power eventually runs into a guy that doesn't fall. AJ doesn't have the depth or the stamina to box a seasoned pro for 12 rounds. Without his power over chin advantage, he just doesn't have the tools. He's not Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, or even Wladimir Kitschko. He's a late-comer to the sport who's built his record knocking out senior citizens and taxi drivers. Ruiz has a deep amateur background and can take AJ's punch.
              You were doing well until that...because it more adequately reflects Ruiz's record.

AJ's record is stellar, and despite being the same age, Ruiz's pales by comparison.

Comment

Some people think Ruiz's weight gain equals complacency, but I think Ruiz has shown time and again that being fat doesn't hinder his boxing ability. Perhaps excess fat would be bad for most heavyweights, but I'm not gonna believe it will be bad for Ruiz.

That said, it depends how well Joshua has adapted a new fight plan against Ruiz. If Joshua can control the fight without banging on the inside where Ruiz has the advantage, then Joshua can win on points. If Ruiz manages to respond to Joshua's new strategy by forcing engagements in spite of Joshua's mobility, then Ruiz will win, probably by T/KO.

Comment

Got a nice 50/50 poll going

May the best man win!

Comment

What Brits think will happen...

AJ comes out dancing, firing a Holmes-like jab that snaps Andy's head back again and again. Blood spurts from the fat man's nose as he plods forward, gasping for air, struggling to close the distance on Anthony the Adonis.

What will really happen...

AJ runs for dear life, his useless pitty pat jabs failing to halt the onslaught of Andy the Destroyer. The murderous Mexican charges forward like an M1 Abrams tank, burying his fists in the flanks of his opponent. AJ grimaces and backs into the ropes, gloves glued to the sides of his head like earmuffs.

Eddie Hearn can be seen in the front row, face-palming as the referee pulls Andy off of the helpless ex-champion.

Comment

I still don’t know who to pick. I was kind of going with Ruiz before but the weight gain it makes me wonder. I’m also not convince Joshua doesn’t have ptsd from the first fight lol. Like you said I could definitely see the judges favoring Joshua so if it goes to decision I see him winning, controversial or not

Comment

Working...
                      X