Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Frustrating Not To Face PBC Fighters, Nothing I Can Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why he signed with Top Rank. Crawford v Spence is just another top fight we are unlikely to see while it matters at least.

Comment

He knew this when he signed with TR. he’s the best WW in the world but he won’t get to show it. I don’t understand why more fighters don’t do what Floyd did and be their own promoters. But then again he’s making good money for lower risk fights. So it’s a matter of does he want to be known as the best or have thick pockets for low risk.

Comment

Bud is my guy but he did it to himself... 2020 the contract is up so hopefully he's smart enough to leave and get the opposition he needs and wants

Comment

Originally posted by TravisGotti View Post
          Might as well fight Kell Brook. You have no other options.
          Yes he does. 'Mile High' Mike Alvarado.

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          When his contract is up he should sign with the PBC. It's so plain and simple that even a fool can comprehend it. It's a known fact that Al Haymon holds all the cards at the welterweight division.
          Originally posted by Wolf man 2222 View Post
          Crawford will fall into obscurity fighting in the semi pro league of top rank boxing. Crawford is good but top rank has him up against nobody interesting. They did this to Pac-Man his last couple of years at top rank. Crawford, get out. Haymon isn’t hurting you, arum is though.
          Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Crawford resigned with Arum and took the money knowing what that would mean in this climate. He bears some fault in his predicament.
          Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          I feel like he's being sidelined by Top Rank. After the golden era, Arum's focus has been on foreign fighters. Bud made a bad move resigning with Top Rank.
          Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          Yes there is something that you can do. Go tell Arum to STFU with his on purpose fight killer rants. Haymon has always been open as long as his fighters are paid fair market value🥊
          Originally posted by Drigo View Post
          Its a mistake for him to go with Arum.
          Originally posted by Southpaw010 View Post
          Finally I read a post that makes sense. No one is ducking Crawford, if he signed with PBC he would of fought 2 of those main stars by now at least. He made his bed now he has to lay in it. He knew he could take Bob's money bc he overpays him bc he's his only top Welter. Plus he gets to act like he wants the smoke and beat his chest about no one will fight him. He knows what he's doing I believe he wants nothing to do with any true top fighter. I honestly believe Danny Keith Manny Shawn and Errol would all be undefeated fighting Crawford's resume.
          Originally posted by observer View Post
          20 yeard later, will boxing fans say Spence ducked Crawford or Crawford ducked Spence?

Crawford is responsible for his own career. Moving up to welterweight while extending his contract with Arum could only go one way. We can argue all day long that Haymon *should* make his boxers available, but that won't change a thing.

At least Pac did the smart thing.
          Originally posted by vital1983 View Post
          Yes there was something you could do....you signed with TR.
          Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          BUD your contract with TopRank ends in 2020! Look at De laHoya, Mayweather, and Mikey Garcia Bro! When all those great fighters made it to a certain level they split their Ties and went Independent. It's time Terrance Crawford for to do fight by fight contracts or sign with PBC! Only way to gain control so these fights can Happen, It's what the Goddamn fans want!
          Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          F**k Arum and TR, Crawford shouldn’t have signed with him if he wanted to do biz with pbc.
          All of these have the right answer.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            I dont blame Charlo for anything. Same rules apply. If all the best Middles are with DAZN Charlo should be free to resign with Haymon and still expect to take on those DAZN fighters if he wishes to fight them.

Charlo is free to take on any DAZN fighters on DAZN should he wish to, If he wants to face those DAZN fighters on FOX or Showtime then that is just fine by everybody. But Fox or Showtime and the PBC should be ready to stump up more money than DAZN are willing to spend on the same fights. Thats how its always worked. Go to the money.

And thats the problem at the PBC at the minute. It appears DAZN and ESPN through Top Rank seem to be ready to put more money forward for these fights than the PBC is and rather than release their fighters to fight on other networks for the chance to make more money and win belts the PBC are just holding their fighters back.

Thats where the real problem is. If the PBC, Fox, Showtime outbid their competitors then there wouldnt be a problem. But they dont even attempt to all they do is block any chance of the fights happening, pretend these none PBC fighters and their belts dont even exist and go back to making inhouse fights.
            Actually the problem is the sanctioning bodies don’t adhere to their purse bid requirements. Had they, in many of these fights PBC would be able to outbid the opposition and have control of things.

I don’t see how pbc is holding their guys back when the sanctioning bodies are doing things like emeritus designations you deny pbc fighters the opportunity the earned fairly in the ring.

Let’s just let title fights go to a purse bid as they always used to without sanctioning body interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              I think I recall Hearn making a ridiculously rich offer for Charlo to come over to Dazn. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure Andrade just said team Charlo turned him down recently. When did they offer Crawford anything to head over to PBC for a fight? They act like him and his belt don't exist instead.

They ain't hiding nobody from Charlo.
              Why do you guys keep playing dumb? Those offers are made because Hearn wants to sell DAZN subs and they don’t have prominent African American boxers in DAZN. Haymon turns them down because he is in competition with DAZN. He isn’t going to let his guys fight On DAZN same way DAZN isn’t letting them fight on pbc.

That is why I say just let things go to a purse bid like they always did. If Hearn wins, it’s on DAZN. If haymon outbids it’s on pbc.

That way they compete with each other fairly and the highest bidder wins.

Comment

Yes maybe he needs to consider a switch. But he really shouldn't need to be. Haymon hiding his welters from Crawford really isn't doing his fighters or the sport any favours. Only thing benefitting is his business needs.

It should be sport over business not the other way around.
                Maybe he should consider a switch?
                he definitely should consider it if he wants to fight the best welters, that's just the way it is like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  Maybe he should consider a switch?
                  he definitely should consider it if he wants to fight the best welters, that's just the way it is like it or not
                  Yeah you are right. I dont like it but that is just the way it is right now. Boxing cant go on like this, and i mean all of them, they cant be locking their fighters down and allowing the best or biggest fights to just float away its damaging the sport. But right now its going to continue so Bud does need to consider he wont be getting to fight any of the PBC Welters unless he is signed under the same banner.

Comment

Fortunately PBC didnt exist when Russel jr fought Loma and the guys like Rigo or Rocky Martinez didn't work with PBC at the time Loma fought them, otherwise these guys would've never had a chance to fight one of the best out there, and why are they still talking about Loma-Tank in 2020 if Tank is with PBC, this fight is almost impossible to make

Comment

Its not about race is it. Its business and the business decisions are favouring the boardroom at the PBC but not the fighters, the sport or the fans.

Why dont you enlighten us to Haymons vision for the PBC? Cuz blocking fights, costing his fighters belts and money and pretending Afro American champions and their belts dont even exist is not really being pro black is it. Its pro business.
                      How can I enlighten you on Haymon’s vision? Who has ever said that he’s pro black? Haymon doesn’t make himself to the public so nobody can speak on his motivations outside of business and nobody’s in a position to say what’s in the best interests of his business.

Haymon fighters aren’t whining/complaining. This is about Crawford whining that he can’t get fights pbc when he knew that would be the result of signing with TR. This is all on him, not Haymon/pbc.

Comment

Working...
                      X