Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero got beat by a taxi driver. Lomachenko got beat by an Uber driver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The number of boxers who never make a penny from anything but boxing in their life is extremely miniature. I understand back in the day literal bums were brought in to pad the records of fighters.

Once "accountant, plumber, bus driver" etc became insults though it became pretty stupid. JMM was an accountant. Actually, Pacquaio was a literal bum for the first part of his career. Roach was given his gym for free and slept in the storage room.

Not to mention of course the legendary Tony Banta.
    Last edited by ////; 12-16-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      It will do the same to us. Someday there will just be a bunch of algorithms arguing with each other on NSB. And despite them being repetitive and almost inhuman in their tediousness, no one will be able to tell the difference.
      Lol. That seems to be the case with some posters now.

I hate Ward... I hate lil g... I hate you...you are a casual...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Orlando Salido is one of the most exciting boxers in the world. He was in a legitimate fight-of-the-year candidate with Francisco Vargas in June, and he’s apparently in negotiations to face Vasyl Lomachenko, one of the most skilled fighters in the universe, and a man who Salido has already beaten.

But until the fight is signed—a fight that, by the way, could net Salido as much as $500,000—the 36-year-old who sports a record of 43-13-4 is working out and waiting. Oh, and he’s driving for Uber to pick up some extra cash.

Salido said he doesn’t need the money. He just likes driving around with strangers in his car.

“Not too many know me, but some? Yes,” Salido, a former world titlist in the 126-pound featherweight division, told the Los Angeles Times. “Everybody who does know are surprised to see me, but at the same time, they don’t know how much money I’ve already made.”

The first time he fought Lomachenko, Salido earned a $250,000 payday, and in his last fight against Vargas, Salido’s purse was a minimum of $50,000. According to his manager Sean Gibbons, Salido also owns a $700,000 apartment complex that has 15 rental units and owns a company that rents out bouncy houses. Uber is just another way to generate revenue (even if Uber drivers make less money than you think).

Salido isn’t the first professional athlete to get behind the wheel of his car and flip on the Uber app. NFL player A.J. Francis also has been known to drive for money, and former superstar athletes have gone undercover for other ride-hailing apps.

But it doesn’t sound like Salido is pulling off some kind of stunt. It sounds like he just wants to make some extra cash in his hometown of Phoenix.

And don’t even think about leaving Salido a bad review. After all, the videos below show exactly what his day job entails.

http://www.dailydot.com/upstream/orl...-driver/?tw=dd

Title Issa Joke
        Guerrero lost Salido as well you idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          Guerrero lost Salido as well you idiot.
          Why you so mad? You seem like you're big mad, not lil mad.

Comment

I don't know what's the point of the thread. You imply that Lomachenko is a bum but at the same time call him one of the most skilled fighters in the world lol. That's a logical contradiction so get your mind right. I mean, okay we get your opinion, Lomachenko is a bum
            Last edited by g27region; 12-16-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Why you so mad? You seem like you're big mad, not lil mad.
              About? ......

Loma losing? Ummm....I thought he lost fair and square to Salido...

Way to presume though....

Just pointing out the stupidity of your thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                About? ......

Loma losing? Ummm....I thought he lost fair and square to Salido...

Way to presume though....

Just pointing out the stupidity of your thread title.
                You're calling me an idiot so you're upset about something. It's the title. The title is a joke. Orlando Salido drives part time for Uber is a boring title. Lomachenko gets beat by an Uber driver is a good title. Calm down god damn

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  I don't know what's the point of the thread. You imply that Lomachenko is a bum but at the same time call him one of the most skilled fighters in the world lol. That's a logical contradiction so get your mind right. I mean, okay we get your opinion, Lomachenko is a bum
                  Most people here have no sense of humor, no sacasm detector or need some pussy cuz ya'll take everything so serious.

Comment

You're calling me an idiot so you're upset about something. It's the title. The title is a joke. Orlando Salido drives part time for Uber is a boring title. Lomachenko gets beat by an Uber driver is a good title. Calm down god damn
                    The joke sucks.......

Comment

Most people here have no sense of humor, no sacasm detector or need some pussy cuz ya'll take everything so serious.

I mean, that's your opinion, there's nothing wrong with saying that he's a bum, just don't call him one of the most skilled fighters in the world in the same sentence, because it sounds like contradiction

I was thinking that Lomachenko is a bum before Walters fight.
                      Last edited by g27region; 12-16-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X