Round 2 Morales

Morales countered effectively with the right hand this round

Round 3 Morales

Alfaro pressured Morales this round but Morales did a
    good job of slipping/blocking most of his shots and
    countering with the uppercut.

Round 4 Morales

Close round where Alfaro pressured Morales but Morales
    managed to counter him on the way at times.

Round 5 Morales

Morales backed Alfaro up this round and started to land his
    combo's

Round 6 Morales (close)

Good competitive round where both landed clean punches
    on each other but i felt Morales landed more.

Round 7 Alfaro (close, either way)

Tough round to score as Morales really got nailed early and
    Alfaro put a lot of pressure on him, he did come back and it
    could of gone either way but i went for Alfaro

Round 8 Morales

Thought Morales closed this round out well

Round 9 Alfaro

Alfaro was more patient this round but caught Morales
    with the clean punches, Morales balance looks terrible.

Round 10 Alfaro
    Alfaro's best round as he landed lots of punches on Morales
    and was consistent the whole round, Morales did very little

Round 11 Alfaro

Morales is not doing enough in the this and the last round his
    workrate has dropped of and Alfaro is active almost the whole
    round

Round 12 Morales

Morales just about landed the cleaner more eye catching punches
    although Alfaro also had his success early

Pretty entertaining fight, bit of a war.

Morales looked good early on considering how past his best his is,
    he showed his patience to Box instead of get drawn into a war, he
    showed okay head movement, he used the jab
    and countered well with right hand at times, mid fight he started to put
    his punches together well, that said he did tire down the stretch and seemed
    to get hit more because of that as Alfaro really took advantage down the stretch
    by pressing him more and making him work. Morales legs look to be gone imo.

Thought the official scores were too wide for Morales.
    Just saw 2 1980's fight. First was the 1984 Sugar ray comeback fight vs Kevin Howard. Howard gave Leonard hell in this fight, knocking the Sugar Man down in the 4th with a sweet right cross. Beginning in the 5th, Leonard begin hitting Howard with hellacious combos to the body, systematically breaking him down. In the 9th, SRL finally put him away. The version I saw was announced by Bob Sheridan, an over the top, bombastic announcer who never brings anything to a fight but pure yelling. He also seemed to be seeing a different fight than what was being shown.

The next fight I saw was the 1981 battle of NYC unbeaten welters, Davey Moore and Kevin Rooney. Defense was not allowed in this fight, as both New Yorkers hit each other with one right after another. Andre berto's style is eerily similar to Moore's. Like Moore, Berto has tremendous hand speed but takes too much punishment. Moore stopped Rooney in the 7th round after hammering him with one right hand after another. In Rooney's corner, a very young Teddy Atlas.

Comment

• Erislandy Lara (10-0-0) vs Danny Perez (34-6-0)

Round 1 Lara

Lara landed a couple of straight lefts early and went to the
      body.

Round 2 Lara (closer)

Closer round where Lara was active early countering in combo
      but some of shots did not get through, toward the end Lara let
      Perez come on a bit and go to his body.

Round 3 Perez (kind)

Thought Perez could of gotten a share of this or the last round so
      i gave him the benefit of the doubt here as Lara was less active and
      Perez did go to the body and was more consistent in the round

Round 4 Lara

Perez simply not letting his hands go enough, Lara more active

Round 5 Lara

Lara countering in combination

Round 6 Lara
      Lara kept it long this round and landed

Round 7 Lara

Lara Boxing and landing more punches

Round 8 Lara

Lara tried harder to dominate this round as he let his hands go more in combination

Round 9

Round 10 Lara

Boring fight where Perez did not let his hands go enough and Lara hit a lot of gloves
      with his shots despite also getting threw throughout the fight, Lara went to the body
      well but still did not show me he had any right hook, Lara to me is all left hand and
      cant fight inside, sure he has talent but he does not show much diversity imo, he did
      not seem to want to close this fight out either, i mean there were rounds that he
      he was not that dominant in when he could/should of been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Ivan Velasquez (11-0-0) vs Ira Terry (24-2-0)

Round 1 Velasquez

Landed a few solid shots on Terry this round, also landed
      to the body and with hooks uptop.

Round 2 Velasquez

Velasquez scored well to the body the whole round

Round 3 Velasquez

Big round for Velasquez as Terry tried to bang it out with
      him but he caught the worst of the action as he got hurt in
      the round and was being hammered toward the end

Round 4 Velasquez came out and timed Terry over the jab
      with a right hand that hurt Terry, Velasquez stepped in and
      dropped with an accumaltion of punches and Terry got
      counted out.

Velasquez showed patience early but got more aggressive and threw
      caution to the wind as the fight wore on, he did a good job of countering
      and he body was very impressive and as landed down stairs consistently
      and hurt Terry to the body more than once, Velasquez looks to be a hard
      puncher to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• hagler vs hearns
        hagler vs mugabi

Comment

• Lasts fight I watched were Hopkins v Tarver, Hopkins v Pavlik and Mosley v Margarito. Watched em all last week

All Clinics

Comment

• Molitor vs Ndlovu 2

Round 1 Molitor

Molitor just about won this round with a body
            shot and a straight left but aside from that not
            much happened

Round 2 Ndlovu

Thought Ndlovu took it on two straight rights he
            landed over the coarse of the round, not much to
            choose

Round 3 Molitor

Thought Molitor landed a couple of straight
            lefts and some body work

Round 4 Ndlovu
            Thought Molitor was taking it but that Ndlovu
            came back down the stretch to pinch it

Round 5 Molitor ( close)

Thought Molitor landed some body work early
            and landed some good flurries, although Ndlovu
            did close well

Round 6 Ndlovu

Good pressure from Ndlovu as he nailed Molitor
            with a nice left hook right hand and pressured him
            near the ropes

Round 7 Molitor

Molitor countered better off the backfoot this round,
            particularly with the straight left, Molitor landed his best
            straight left of the round and possibly the fight.

Round 8 Ndlovu (close)

Close round as i felt Ndlovu caught Molitor very early
            in the round then landed a serious of left hooks mid
            fight when Molitor was pulling out, however Molitor
            came back down the stretch and although not landing
            much he was dictating the pace and did land some shots

Round 9 Molitor

Good body work by Molitor particularly the counter lefts
            to the body

Round 10 Ndlovu (very close)

Hardest round of the fight to score as it could of gone either
            way, i just felt Ndlovu landed harder and was a little
            more consistent over the round

Round 11 Molitor
            Better round for Molitor as he countered with a serious
            of straight lefts over the round and showed a tight defense
            against Ndlovu

Round 12 Molitor

Another close round where i felt that Ndlovu was edging
            it but that Molitor closed out better and seemed to maybe
            staggered Ndlovu ever so slight toward the end.

This fight was much closer than the official scores imo as i could of
            easily of seen it a draw, matter of fact i would not have been shocked to
            see them give it narrowly to Ndlovu either. The fight turned out to a
            technical match of counter punching the whole way with little to choose
            between in a lot of the rounds.

The only real positives i can think of for Molitor is that he managed to win, other
            than that i felt he fought far too cautiously and showed the he still goes to the ropes
            when you put pressure on him, Molitor needs to improve his mental strength because
            it seems at times like he is being far too overly cautious, he was the same in one of
            his previous fights with Ruiz, Molitor's defense looked okay/good but by the same token
            he did get hit with a few cuffing punches that he should not of been hit with, however
            i think that is down to the fact he allows himself to be walked to the ropes.

Comment

• While it's still fresh in my mind - Hopkins - Jones II...

Lol oh lol oh lol oh lol!!!!!!!!

The only thing that would'a made it funnier is if they'd grown their hair long for this 'extra special' event lol.. Then we could have seen Professor Pat Pending vs Bobby Charlton lol.. What a fukin embarrassment!... The hardest man in 'the nick' rolling around and crying over a cuff round the earhole (or anything that landed there or near abouts)

90% of the fight, they posed and postured, all in the good name of ripping off the fight fan lol..
              Hopkins had shoulders like an 'Adonis' for this one., and tried his very best to welch on a deal not to hurt anyone, and got very upset when Jones tried to 'do him'..
              An absolute fiasco, and I really hope they both retire and fuk off!
              Not that i'm bothered, but Hopkins won on points..

Rocky Jaurez copped the **** end of the stick on the undercard.. He was up against a weak looking fighter by the name of Jason Litzau.. Litzau was about to get the **** steamed out of him when an accidental clash of heads caused a cut underneath his left eye, so they gave him the fight on a TD7.. Litzau won't go anywhere IMO..

Very impressed with Sergio Mora, who appears to be bringing power into his game..
              Ok, he was only fighting Calvin Green (a very capable up and coming journeyman) but Mora took care of him in good style, power punching him to force a stoppage in the 7th..

Oh.... Haye Ruiz... What can I say.... Ruiz dominated and stopped - no surprises there - what's Sonnyboy gonna come out with now?????

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                While it's still fresh in my mind - Hopkins - Jones II...

Lol oh lol oh lol oh lol!!!!!!!!

The only thing that would'a made it funnier is if they'd grown their hair long for this 'extra special' event lol.. Then we could have seen Professor Pat Pending vs Bobby Charlton lol.. What a fukin embarrassment!... The hardest man in 'the nick' rolling around and crying over a cuff round the earhole (or anything that landed there or near abouts)

90% of the fight, they posed and postured, all in the good name of ripping off the fight fan lol..
                Hopkins had shoulders like an 'Adonis' for this one., and tried his very best to welch on a deal not to hurt anyone, and got very upset when Jones tried to 'do him'..
                An absolute fiasco, and I really hope they both retire and fuk off!
                Not that i'm bothered, but Hopkins won on points..

Rocky Jaurez copped the **** end of the stick on the undercard.. He was up against a weak looking fighter by the name of Jason Litzau.. Litzau was about to get the **** steamed out of him when an accidental clash of heads caused a cut underneath his left eye, so they gave him the fight on a TD7.. Litzau won't go anywhere IMO..

Very impressed with Sergio Mora, who appears to be bringing power into his game..
                Ok, he was only fighting Calvin Green (a very capable up and coming journeyman) but Mora took care of him in good style, power punching him to force a stoppage in the 7th..

Oh.... Haye Ruiz... What can I say.... Ruiz dominated and stopped - no surprises there - what's Sonnyboy gonna come out with now?????
                If any state or country sanctions another Jones or Ruiz tight, they should be investigated. It's time for Hopkins to retire as well. Unlike the other two, we know he doesn't need the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  Erislandy Lara (10-0-0) vs Danny Perez (34-6-0)

Round 1 Lara

Lara landed a couple of straight lefts early and went to the
                  body.

Round 2 Lara (closer)

Closer round where Lara was active early countering in combo
                  but some of shots did not get through, toward the end Lara let
                  Perez come on a bit and go to his body.

Round 3 Perez (kind)

Thought Perez could of gotten a share of this or the last round so
                  i gave him the benefit of the doubt here as Lara was less active and
                  Perez did go to the body and was more consistent in the round

Round 4 Lara

Perez simply not letting his hands go enough, Lara more active

Round 5 Lara

Lara countering in combination

Round 6 Lara
                  Lara kept it long this round and landed

Round 7 Lara

Lara Boxing and landing more punches

Round 8 Lara

Lara tried harder to dominate this round as he let his hands go more in combination

Round 9

Round 10 Lara

Boring fight where Perez did not let his hands go enough and Lara hit a lot of gloves
                  with his shots despite also getting threw throughout the fight, Lara went to the body
                  well but still did not show me he had any right hook, Lara to me is all left hand and
                  cant fight inside, sure he has talent but he does not show much diversity imo, he did
                  not seem to want to close this fight out either, i mean there were rounds that he
                  he was not that dominant in when he could/should of been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Ivan Velasquez (11-0-0) vs Ira Terry (24-2-0)

Round 1 Velasquez

Landed a few solid shots on Terry this round, also landed
                  to the body and with hooks uptop.

Round 2 Velasquez

Velasquez scored well to the body the whole round

Round 3 Velasquez

Big round for Velasquez as Terry tried to bang it out with
                  him but he caught the worst of the action as he got hurt in
                  the round and was being hammered toward the end

Round 4 Velasquez came out and timed Terry over the jab
                  with a right hand that hurt Terry, Velasquez stepped in and
                  dropped with an accumaltion of punches and Terry got
                  counted out.

Velasquez showed patience early but got more aggressive and threw
                  caution to the wind as the fight wore on, he did a good job of countering
                  and he body was very impressive and as landed down stairs consistently
                  and hurt Terry to the body more than once, Velasquez looks to be a hard
                  puncher to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Besides the Saturday fights that were too horrendous to mention again, I saw three Lupe Pintor fights. Pintor was a great fighter who always gave his opponent a chance to win because he was susceptible to a big right hand. Pintor's greatness was in his ability to absorb punishment, as his defense was suspect, and getting stronger as the fight went longer. He was a great 15 round fighter because he utilized that distance to his advantage. In his fight against Albert Sandoval, Pintor was hurt in the 3rd by a Sandoval right, but recovered and systematically began to break Sandoval down. In the 12th, he landed several frightening left hooks before putting Sandoval away.

In his fight with Alberto Davila, Pintor was once again rocked in the 3rd by a Davila right, and was behind after 8 rounds. Davila was boxing beautifully, but in the 9th, was forced to slug it out with Lupe. Pintor won the last 8 rounds outslugging Davila in a fight eerily reminiscent of Ayala-Tapia I. Pintor retained his title in an epic war that is highly recommended viewing.

The final Pintor fight I saw was his 12 round decision, 122 pound title win over Juan Kid Meza. After a shaky start in which he was again stunned early by a right hand, Pintor took control and dropped Meza three times en route to his final great victory. Lupe Pintor, a warrior who gave the fans his all. If only he had unified the title with Jeff Chandler.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                    Besides the Saturday fights that were too horrendous to mention again, I saw three Lupe Pintor fights. Pintor was a great fighter who always gave his opponent a chance to win because he was susceptible to a big right hand. Pintor's greatness was in his ability to absorb punishment, as his defense was suspect, and getting stronger as the fight went longer. He was a great 15 round fighter because he utilized that distance to his advantage. In his fight against Albert Sandoval, Pintor was hurt in the 3rd by a Sandoval right, but recovered and systematically began to break Sandoval down. In the 12th, he landed several frightening left hooks before putting Sandoval away.

In his fight with Alberto Davila, Pintor was once again rocked in the 3rd by a Davila right, and was behind after 8 rounds. Davila was boxing beautifully, but in the 9th, was forced to slug it out with Lupe. Pintor won the last 8 rounds outslugging Davila in a fight eerily reminiscent of Ayala-Tapia I. Pintor retained his title in an epic war that is highly recommended viewing.

The final Pintor fight I saw was his 12 round decision, 122 pound title win over Juan Kid Meza. After a shaky start in which he was again stunned early by a right hand, Pintor took control and dropped Meza three times en route to his final great victory. Lupe Pintor, a warrior who gave the fans his all. If only he had unified the title with Jeff Chandler.
                    I was not very impressed with Pintor in the Sandoval fight, Alberto was past it by the time Pintor got to him and Pintor still wasn't able to put him away. The Davila fight was one of the best technical wars you'll ever see and has become a favorite of mine, in a lot of ways I find it more entertaining then the Gomez war. I've yet to see his with Meza so I can't comment. Great line-up of fights man, you really know how to pick-em.

Comment

• saw ali vs holmes, i was pissed off at holmes during one of his recent interviews that he was happy he has ali on his resume, yeah right happy he beat up an old man who already has signs of parkinsons desease

Comment

Working...
                      X