No announcement yet.

Having trouble making new friends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble making new friends

Ever since I moved from the Eastcoast to the West, I haven't made a single "real" friend yet. I mean, I have work friends but none that I would consider hanging out with outside of work. I just don't seem to connect to people like that anymore.

Back home, as a kid I was friends with everyone. I am Chinese-American, and most of my friends were also Chinese, but I had a few Latino and White friends too. They seemed easy to befriend.

Now I'm out here in Cali and I don't know a single Chinese person here. At work I mostly hang out with Mexicans and 1 Japanese guy and 1 Filipino. Why is it so hard to make friends as an adult compared to childhood?

And this may sound ignorant, but back in NY, my parents pretty much only did business with other fellow Asians, we never really interacted with anyone else when it came to business. Out here in Cali I have to search for Asian owned businesses to support, I feel like I'm getting ripped off or disrespected in other places. Just recently I found a barber who is Chinese and I finally feel at peace when getting a haircut. But there's so many things to do, it's hard to find the Asian spots.

Ugh.

i feel you man.
    be an introvert and accept it.

Comment

Move to San Francisco. All the mahjong you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
        Ever since I moved from the Eastcoast to the West, I haven't made a single "real" friend yet. I mean, I have work friends but none that I would consider hanging out with outside of work. I just don't seem to connect to people like that anymore.

Back home, as a kid I was friends with everyone. I am Chinese-American, and most of my friends were also Chinese, but I had a few Latino and White friends too. They seemed easy to befriend.

Now I'm out here in Cali and I don't know a single Chinese person here. At work I mostly hang out with Mexicans and 1 Japanese guy and 1 Filipino. Why is it so hard to make friends as an adult compared to childhood?

And this may sound ignorant, but back in NY, my parents pretty much only did business with other fellow Asians, we never really interacted with anyone else when it came to business. Out here in Cali I have to search for Asian owned businesses to support, I feel like I'm getting ripped off or disrespected in other places. Just recently I found a barber who is Chinese and I finally feel at peace when getting a haircut. But there's so many things to do, it's hard to find the Asian spots.

Ugh.
        Considering ur a liberal kid its just a matter of opening to liberal californians whats the size of dildo u use and ull have friends in no time

Comment

Join a group or something

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
            Join a group or something
            a fcking gang?

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              a fcking gang?
              A gang nah.

Like a support group

Comment

Dude there are sht loads of Chinese all over LA that you can make friends with. Go to San Gabriel Valley that is practically Chinatown or Rowland heights and Hacienda.

If you are the religious type, go to a big church.

Comment

A chinese dude stopped by my work and asked for directions in the most broken English accent i ever heard. He showed me his phone that was on GPS and asked where is this at. I told him I don't know b*tch, I don't speak chinese and then i walked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Black View Post
                    A chinese dude stopped by my work and asked for directions in the most broken English accent i ever heard. He showed me his phone that was on GPS and asked where is this at. I told him I don't know b*tch, I don't speak chinese and then i walked off.
                    Did you say it all gangsta style then relieve him of his phone before you walked off? You sound tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X